Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very Frustrated

I fellow band friends. At times I get very frustrated with this process and do not feel it was worth the investment. I did loose some but now I am gaining it back.

I only feel restriction in the mornings and hope one day to feel this all the time. During these times, I feel very comfortable eating only a little and know that the Bad is doing what is supposed to do. But the majority of the time, I still very hungry and will go back to my old eating habits. Yesterday I was considering buying some diet aids to help curve my appetite. I thought the band was to help you feel full and curve the appetite lion. 1-2-07 was my band date and fro one week after the operation I did well. But once the healing was done my appetite came back very strong. My Doctor said he fill the band with 5CC duing surgery.

The first fill was 2 cc, then 1cc; 2 cc; then 1cc my last visit which was my 6 month check up. The Dr only gives fills 30 days and my next visit will be 6/7, this would have been after a 6 week period. I have started to gain my weigh back now and need some advice as to this process. I know some other factors in my life are playing a role in my depressed feelings about my band and gaining weigh. Does anyone at the support group ever mention diet supplements to help with appetite?

Just wanted to know if anyone esle out there is feeling simliar and do they you have any suggestions. Please emal me at kvbinns@umes,edu

Hey Bandguy!

I know you have probably read all that I'm going to say, but it's really quite simple: eat less and/or exercise more.

Are you eating a lot of carbs? They will cause me to crave more carbs. food choices make a HUGE difference to me.

Plan activities in the evening that keep you busy and away from the fridge. I like to walk, mess around the yard or play with our dogs. Keep track of your intake (some use fitday.com).

You probably need a fill. Tell your doc of your stuggles. Have him or his nurse outline a diet and activity program you can live with.

Are you getting in at least some exercise. Start slow, with a walk around the block, then go from there.

Are you going to a support group? They can help by meeting people with similar problems.

I don't know about you, but I had to pay a lot of money (and time) to get this band. I want to give it every chance to work.

You can do this! We all want you to succeed!

Good Luck!

Bruce

Thanks Buce for support and suggestions. You are right, I had to pay a lot of money for this band and all that goes with it. I want to make this work. I am eating more carbs than I should and I guess they are my comfort food. Thaks again

Karl

Hey you are not alone-- I had my surgery in Jan. too and have felt that my weight loss has been slow. I have had 3 fills and like you I feel restricted in the morning and sometimes at noon as well, but can eat in the evening without problem. food choices are critical. I have found that if i eat Protein, vegtables and fruit I lose, but if I eat any white carbs I gain instantly. At this moment I have lost about 37 lbs, but with all the effort I put in I feel like I should have lost more by now Anyway, now after my fill last week and my resolve to try to not eat white carbs the scale is starting to move again. Don't give up on yourself. You will figure out what you need to do for yourself to make this work. Best wishes. Aunt Em