Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2007 Banders - Plateaus

I had my surgery 1 year ago on 4 /18/ 07 started out at 263 and currently 205.. has been a slow journey was hoping to be 199 before my 1 year anniversary but that is not gonna happen unleds I chop a arm off LOL

Question what is everyone eating? I am currently training for a marathon but had set back when I haD shoulder surgery a month ago but I got back to the gym even tho I have limited use still of my arm. I do high intensity training and that has helped me past my stalls.I hope to get back to gym 2 to 3 hours for training but what baffles me is one would think with the amount of exercise i do and a radical change in my diet I would have lost more than 47 pounds in a year, would love to hear from people who lost real fast how much protien u get a day .. and calories carbs

thanks

Lisa

WOW congrats! and my question.... how many sizes have you dropped? My guess is that you are one compact dynamo packed with muscle....

Since you are training for a marathon you will need more calories than I do....

I am mainly trying to cut the junk out.. which has been my biggest downfall as of late (and for months really)

Waves to all,

Well I just got back from my Doctor and free fills. It's my bandaversiary and I found out I've lost the national AVERAGE...that sucks!!

I was doing sooo well but haven't lost more than a pound a month for 4 months.

Soooo, I'm here to kick start myself back into losing mode!!

I've pulled out my little plate, one cup bowl and small fork.

NOOOOOOOO grazing

NOOOOOOOO ice cream or comfort food

More Protein

More bites and chewing

O.K......let the game begin!!!!!!!!!! Putting on my game face :tt2:

Hi everyone...this is like going to my first AA meeting! lol

hi, my name is Tracy and I am at a plateau :)

OK...lol

In my defense, I quit smoking on March 15th and have gained some but am losing what I gained...so is that considered a stall?

Anyone intresting in a lap band support group where we can chat about it? I go to the chat room here but it is not the same mostly about newbies and fill questions. U can IM me at butterfly_lisa2001 Yahoo, I think daily checking in is the key to sucess during a platues.

Lisa

Edited by Lisa_butterfly
forgot a word

Hello,

I'm not on a plateau right now. I have been in thpast. Right now I am steadily losing but at a slower pace than I would really like to. My last 2 visits to the Doctors has resulted in me not getting a fill. He likes how I'm losing and thinks I'm at a comfortable spot. However this next monday when I go in I don't think it's going to be so good. I've been eating like I need to store up for the winter.

The last plateau I had mad me want to pull my hair out. I kept thinking, why did I put myself through surgery and everything else just to stay at one weight. If I remember correctly it lasted about five weeks before I started losing again. And it just wasn't the weight that was coming off, it was also the inches. I think I was more excited about that. My clothes fit so much better.

The biggest thing I learned through that was to just wait. It will end and I will be back to losing again. I need to give my body time to figure out what is going on and let it adjust.

Hang in there, it will all work out.