Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck veterans

It depends on your experiences with surgery and how well you tolerate pain. I have had a T&A, wisdom teeth removal (with no anesthesia), C-section, Lap Chole, and finally a Tummy Tuck and breast lift.

I would rate them in the following order of levels of Hell:

5) T&A = 5th level of Hell. Close to the burning pit.

4) C-section

3) Lap Chole

2) Wisdom teeth

1) Tummy tuck and breast lift hurt the least of all five surgeries. Breasts didn't hurt at all and after two days, all I felt was abdominal soreness which lasted for a couple of weeks.

A tummy tuck doesn't involve cutting through muscles; the work is more superficial. However, if the upper abdominal muscles are separated from childbearing and or obesity, the surgeon will stitch them closed and that will hurt more. I didn't have that problem, only loose skin. Hope this helps!

I had a Tummy Tuck and a breast lift and augment done at the same time. I had very little pain. I took the Percocet for about 3 days and never needed anything after that. My abs were stitched together during surgery and while it was hard to sit-up in bed for about 2 weeks, the pain was more comparable to when you've done too many sit-ups at the gym as opposed to anything really awful. I am very happy with the results of my procedure.

Huh. Here I was thinking they were going to go in and jerk the muscles down and I don't know staple/duct tape them in place? I'm sorry I only know the one variation of T n A, lol. What is TA? And I don't want it!!!

I'm going to have to go against the popular opinion here. I've had a c-section (with only tylenol to manage pain), wls and gall bladder. Those surgeries were all pretty easy recovery. The Tummy Tuck was awful for me. I wouldn't do it again knowing what I know now (and my abs look pretty amazing).

That being said, I have issues with pain medications. I get all the bad side effects, vomiting, Constipation, and general misery. This was the only surgery I had to take the pain meds and they made things so much worse.

Lol!! A T&A means tonsils and adenoids. By far the worst surgery ever. Did I say ever? I mean it too.

@@*Lexie* I have heard that from a lot of people. I guess because I didn't need any muscle work, my experience was probably different. Matter of fact, my plastic surgeon was very impressed with my ripped abs beneath my 5 lbs of fat!

@@kimpossible67, the excess skin is pulled down and removed, the muscles are never cut; only stitched back together if separated. The JP drains are placed and tunneled through the mons pubis (yeah, what a surprise that was) and the surgical incision approximated. The belly button is located and then reattached through an incision. You may be fortunate enough to find a plastic surgeon who uses a Q-ball infusion, which will deliver numbing medication inside your surgical area for 3 days.

I had the Q-ball infusion after my sleeve surgery. It was fantastic and I remember thinking that it would have been great if i had that after my Tummy Tuck.

I did have the "rebuilt abs" and they are still tight 4 years later without ever doing a sit up. But boy did that hurt...