Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help with food ideas please!

I'm in my 4th week post op and needs some ideas for mushy foods. Im getting bored with stuff that I'm eating and I also need to get in more Protein. Any suggestions??

I love tuna salad made with plain Greek yogurt instead of mayo. It adds Protein and still moistens the tuna. I add finely chopped onion, celery and sweet relish. To me it's "normal" food so it was welcome after so much soft foods. I eat this twice a week now, and I'm 3 months post op. Chili is also soft and high in protein. Wendy's Restaurant has a small chili so it's a great go to fast meal. I'm also into ground turkey made with taco flavoring. Baked potato also works but I added Protein Powder to get my 80 grams met. Isopro unflavored is a good one along with plain, nf Greek yogurt. Salsa is a great addition to the potato as well. Just experiment. I learned from this forum so I'm sure you'll get great ideas. Good luck!

I boil and mash sweet potato, cut a butternut or acorn squash in half, lay face down on a baking sheet and bake until soft. Scoop out the squash and that's it. So good.

If you have a sweet tooth I really like taking 1% cottage cheese with 0% fat Fage Greek Yogurt and adding sugar free cheesecake powder about a teaspoon at a time. Play with the proportions to your own personal taste. It's tart yet sweet. You can even add pumpkin purée. It is packed with Protein. And will keep in the frig for a few days. I just portion it out.

Egg Beaters were my go to. I love eggs and still make them quite frequently. Had I known at the time I would have made Protein pancakes. I use unflavored Unsure protein powder. You can find a variety of recipes online. I still love this meal!

avocados, eggs in every form. My grocery sells an instant oatmeal that also contains quinoa and other ancient grains, has a good bit of Protein in it. (I think Special K makes one in pre-serve cups). Cottage cheese with fruit spread. pureed Soups (but this is tricky b/c creamy Soups are fatty soups. I thought I might die after a few bites of Panera's baked potato soup!) Refried Beans mixed with salsa.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches