Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 9 days out and feeling all sorts of emotions... Still on Clear Liquids ...right now this is not where I want to be in life.. It's difficult to even just wake up thinking it's another day to feel miserable. Not in any pain physically but I am emotionally hurting.. This sucks!

What exactly is bothering you? Can you see your doctor? Maybe an antidepressant to help during this transition? Seeing a therapist? Delayed gratification has never been my strong suit.

I called the registered nurse she said my body is going through a lot of changes and I had major surgery she suggested me to see a psychiatrist I refused ... She said it's common. I get to see one of the surgeons on the 31st. I'll discuss with him and see what options I might have.

Well hang in there!

Was right there with ya just a few days ago. Now that I'm on purees I'm doing much better, but nn I have to admit, each stage is a host of new challenges. I'm doing the best to acknowledge my emotions, and negotiate the fact that my relationship with food has changed. I can't just grab a snickers now to get me by, I have to seek out lean Proteins, and it's a challenge. Best wishes to you on your journey, you got this.

I went on purees at 8 days out, we can do our stages in 1-2 week increments as tolerated. While I am on "puree", I don't actually puree most things, I just chew at least 15x, and my bites are baby spoon quantity. I eat no more than 1/4 C. At a time, and abide by drinking restrictions around meals.

FYI- my first meat was rotisserie chicken, it is now my go to Protein because it's so flavorful, and tender. I should note that I only eat the breast meat, 2 tablespoons a sitting.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches