Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting back on track

Really need to get back on the healthy eating train. Have to get some band friendly eats in the house!!!

"Band Friendly" Foods, for me, are foods that go down easier without much risk of getting stuck, etc.....Ice Cream is very band friendly...but not good to eat 3 times a day if you're trying to loose weight.

The band limits how much I can eat....and since I eat so little, I need to make the best of what I do eat....So I concentrate of the healthiest foods I can get. I look for Organic, natural foods. Stay away from preservatives, and think about the "Nutritional" value of everything.

When I'm watching TV and pizza Commercials come on, as one of many examples, I now look at them in disgust and ask myself where in the world is the nutritional value there?

I have not eaten pizza in 4 years...sure I can have a slice. But then I just blew my portion on...What? What was the benefit?

The band will not allow me to eat anything else, limited on the portion size. So I just did myself a big disfavor.

Plus Pizza is not band friendly...like walking through a mind field. All that dough and melted globs of cheese. A food I have gotten stuck on often when I was just learning....so food that is not band friendly, and had no nutritional value for me, it is on my Do Not Eat List.

One of many examples I can give.

I am not on any diet in the traditional sense..don't count calories, carbs, or weigh/measure portions.......I have been set free from that rat race forever....what I do now is simple.

Because of the band, I eat less...way less in a given day. So since I eat so little, I make the best of what I do eat.

And also choose foods that will not give me trouble eating, foods that are a high risk of getting stuck. Band Friendly foods.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches