Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 ?'s

first- is celery an issue for any one????? and as you lose weight how are those vericous veins looking in your lanes??????? WORSE??? Thanks to my kids and genetics ideal with them any way-but worried they will be worse after weight loss

Celery: I have not explored just eating celery by itself yet. I have heard that the Fiber (strings) can cause problems for some bandsters. You might want to try a small piece first just to see if you can chew it enough. I haven't been brave enough to try it yet. I have eaten cooked celery and not had a problem. It basically disintegrates in my mouth if it has been cooked. But that defeats the purpose of the nutritional value of the celery. I used to love to eat celery with Peanut Butter so I haven't tried that yet.

Varicose Veins: I had them pre-surgery. I cannot tell a difference in them actually post-surgery. They might get worse but that probably won't have anything to do with the surgery. If we are predisposed to them because of genetics or a prior history of having them then it will continue whether we had the surgery or not and it will progress at whatever rate it had already established prior to surgery. Just one of them thangs we women have to deal with unfortunately. I wish my varicose veins were in my lanes. Then I could stamp them out. LOL!!!!!

Hope this helps.

I don't have problems with any food, as long as I take small bites and chew really well. I even eat bits of bread. I only have problems when I try eating as fast as I used to. Woof.

Michelle,

I dont have a vericose vein problem but i am beginning to have a stretch mark problem on my stomach...I am only 23 but as I am losing weight they are become quite gross and obvious and I have never had them before!!! I am trying to drink lots and lots of Water to tighten my skin up but I can't do crunches or anything yet (I dont think). IT's such a pain....grrrrrrr.... :):) thanks for letting me vent

Katie

Queen, my veins weren't that bad before surgery. I did have one bruised vein area on top of foot (about 50 cent piece size) where it joins the ankle that had previously given me a lot of pain. It hurt a lot, and would feel like it was going to pop open when I first started walking and hurt so bad. But it doesn't hurt at all now. It's since reduced to about a 10 cent size piece and is much, much lighter in color. I'm exercising (bicyling) pretty regularly and previously did nil.

Oh, and guess what the dr. recommends .... Water (and exercise). Is there anything water doesn't help? Also, he advised wearing 10 - 20 mmhg compression hose as great preventatives - every day.