Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello bariatric pals! I had my sleeve done Monday morning at 11:30. I arrived at the hospital 2 hours early and they immediately took me back to prep. We had to wait a while for the liquids to flow through me so they could get a urine test to endure I wasn't preggo. Since I hadn't had any liquids it took a while. The dehydration also made it difficult to find a vein for my 2nd IV. It took them 4 tries, and it was pretty painful! After that, my surgeon came to answer final questions before I was given meds. I barely remember being wheeled into a large sterile room with lots of people getting things ready. I then fell asleep. I woke up in pain around 1 1/2 later. I remember asking for pain meds but was refused any til I got to my room. I'm not sure what the hold up was, but I waited in this area with a few other patients for around 30 mins. The pain was so much less intense than I expected! On my first day I initiated walking the halls mainly to get my catheter out. The nurses have me plenty of pain meds. I did have an allergic reaction to hydrocodone so I had to be switched to percocets. I had no problem urinating. The first night was pretty listless due to being woken up every 30 mins or so. But I was able to catch naps the next day. Due to my ability to drink the recommended ounces, walk the halls, and urinate a specific amount, the doctor discharged me a day early. I took 2 percocets before I got in the vehicle, which really helped. The ride home wasn't bad. They removed my drain before I went home, and this was a huge sense of relief from the pressure it caused. I have had a cough the past 2 days so I'm trying to breathe into the little plastic thing as much as I can. I was worried all the meds I had to take today would cause nausea on an empty stomach but it wasn't bad at all (I spaced it out). So far I can tolerate Jello, G2, Protein Drink, and broth. Water is a little more difficult to tolerate. I was able to give myself a shower today, so I am pleased with that. I am also passing gas (which is a good thing). So far, everything is going more smoothly than I had hoped for!

So happy to hear you are doing well! Thank you for sharing. Many of us are still in the waiting game, so hearing about your experience, and other folks' experiences really help. Happy Holidays to you!

It's now been 54 hours since surgery. I hadn't had any issues really with nausea until this evening. I decided to mix my Vitamin powder with the Protein drink and it was just too thick. My tummy has had a full feeling like I am on the verge of vomiting ever since. I then made an additional error where I drank 2 oz of protein at once since I fell asleep and missed an hour. Do NOT do this! I'm feeling incredibly uncomfortable. As exhausted as you will be, just be sure to follow the directions and drink at regular intervals. Definitely do not try to make up for a lost interval by doubling up!

I tooted like a brass horn the day after I came home from the hospital. After hearing of everyone's experiences with painful gas I'm glad that's the worse thing that happened to me.

I guess I just feel like it's not fast enough!!! Sep 8 it's almost 4 months I guess sometimes I just feel sorry for my self ;)

I've not had surgery yet but just look at it this way, would you have been able to lose 68 pounds in 4 monthd without the surgery? Shoot, 40 pounds in 4 months would be a stretch for some.

So 68lbs...WAY TO GO!!!

I've not had surgery yet but just look at it this way, would you have been able to lose 68 pounds in 4 monthd without the surgery? Shoot, 40 pounds in 4 months would be a stretch for some.

So 68lbs...WAY TO GO!!!

Thank you sooo much!!! Never thought about it like that.

I loved that I read this. Having surgery on Monday dec 29th and these are all the kinds of things I wonder about. Thanks for sharing.

@@jezabeth we seem 2 be surgery buddies.... I had my surgery Monday as well...u say u r mixing Protein Drinks? ... I'm told 2 stay on clear diet till Monday the 29 my post opp appt...... so I've just been drinking water... a clear Protein drink called Isopure.. it's 40gm. Of protein per 20 Oz drink..... it'd pretty cool..... 1st day was rough 4 me alot of pain.... then day one back home I think I did 2 much. .. wrapping Christmas on the floor an having 2 get up caused alot of pressure. ... an how were u 1st nite home? .... I needed 2 make an incline with pillows on my bed otherwise alot of pain but it's all getting better

Sweet eyes I really haven't had too much pain overall. The incision sites are a little tender and I have an overall bruised feeling around my ribs, but it's definitely tolerable! I am on Clear Liquids including Protein drink my surgeon created.

@@jezabeth have you had any taste issuea.... like I feel like I have a bad taste in my mouth. .. I think I'm gonna wind up getting one of those toungescrapers.

No I haven't.. Did u take thrush medicine? My surgeon gave me this. There's also a specific name for brad breathe after the surgery but I can't remember what it is. I read to try listerine strips or an altoid. Make sure to get your Vitamins and Protein because this will help

Na I didn't take any thrush med... I just get a bad taste in my mouth after a while... I keep brushing my teeth