Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post op - Naps

Sign in to follow this  

First week was horrible with pain and bloating. Thanks to recommendations from friends here I got past that. Went back to work yesterday. It wasn't too bad. But I got really tired and took a nap in my car at lunch and another when I got home from work. That really messed with my Fluid intake. Tough to drink when you are asleep. :-) Have been nauseated, tired, weak and shaky all day today. Dr. office thinks its a bit of dehydration. Anyone else get dehydrated? How do you manage to take in fluids when you feel bad or are truly sick?

I love naps, especially on cold rainy days...must I give them up for the cause?

Is your profile correct that you just had your surgery this month and already lost 76 pounds? That is seriously way to fast. Does your doctor know, if not I would make an appointment to see him. I don't think you are getting enough Protein. Also don't get dehydrated. As for the naps, that's all I wanted to do for at least three months. So take it easy. Merry Christmas.

I've lost a total of 76 lbs since I started my journey back in April 2014. Only 8 since surgery. Not sure how to make that reflect in my displayed profile. :rolleyes: I adjusted my ticker to reflect weight loss since surgery.

You are probably right about not enough Protein. Just thinking about the sweet taste and Protein aftertaste makes me nauseous. But I'm trying. :(

Things are a bit better today. Hope it continues to improve,

I'm so glad you cleared that up! I was very.worried about you. I should have figured that out on my own. I couldn't stand Protein either. It's very hard to get enough in. To this day I have to make myself get enough in. I'm sorry that you are having the same issue. The Protein Shakes seem to really

upset the stomach after surgery. I am glad you feel a little better. Do you think you went back to work to soon? If you feel like a nap, then take one. Your body heals while you are asleep. Maybe your doctor can give you a note for another week or two. I think you need more time to recover. Also, you did a great job of weight loss before surgery! Just wait until you see what you can do now! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Maggie0210

I had asked my dr. to let me go back part time for a couple of weeks. He said no...that I should tough it out. After a couple of days I should be back in the swing of thing. LOL. I'll just have to take time when I need to.

Started soft solids today. Official start day is tomorrow but I couldn't stand it. Scrambled egg for Breakfast, a bit of chicken salad for lunch and a few steamed shrimp for dinner. Felt human again, No issues to speak of. Just still have a bit of the nausea and weakness. If it persists, I'll go see dr.

It,s really a good feeling to eat normal food again! Your doing a great job. How will you spend today? Last year I was a little sad and feeling left out of family time. This year will be good to be there. I added you to my friend list if that's okay, message me anytime. I can't believe he said tough it out. It's major surgery, you need time to heal. Especially if having problems with Protein. Would your boss consent to part time for another week? I really can't believe your doctor is that cold. My doctor would have given me a month and then part time. But I am disabled, so no job. Guess in this case I am lucky. Well, I can go on and on and...... So I hope your holidays are wonderful, and that you feel more like yourself soon.

Maggie0210