Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post-206512-0-81031700-1419315375_thumb.jpg

I'M DENISE. I'M IN A SUBURB OUTSIDE OF CHICAGO IL.

FINALLY MY SURGERY DATE IS DEC 24, 2014. HOW ABOUT THAT CHRISTMAS EVE! MY FAMILY & I CELEBRATED THIS PAST SAT. INSTEAD. I AM HAVING GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY & I AM SO EXCITED TO FINALLY GET THIS OVER WITH.

I HAD LAP BAND SURGERY AUG. 13, 2008. IT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME. I LOST APPROX. 40 POUNDS AND REGAINED IT IN THAT 6 YEAR PERIOD. I REACHED MY SWEET SPOT FOR A MINUTE - MAYBE - THE 3RD MONTH, BUT THE DOCTOR HAD AN INEXPERIENCED TECH DO MY FILL AND IT WAS ALL DOWN HEEL FROM THERE. I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. I DO KNOW THE DOCTOR FINALLY SAID THE TECH DIDN'T HIT MY PORT. AFTER THAT I STARTED HAVING BOUTS OF NO RESTRICTION & THE BAD ACID REFLUX DANCE. AT ONE POINT THE HEADBOARD OF MY BED WAS POSITIONED SO HIGH UP; WE KEPT SLIDING OFF THE BED. LOL! I STARTING BECOMING SO FRUSTRATED AND EATTING AROUND THE BAND.

FAST FORWARD TO 2014. THE DOCTOR DID AN UN FILL ON MY BAND 4/1/14 (HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY). I HAD SOME ESOPHICAL DAMAGE. I WAS SCHEDULED TO HAVE THE BAND OUT AND RNY BYPASS REVISION 8/27/14. OH HAPPY DAY. I WAS BOTH EXCITED & NERVOUS. NOT ONLY BECAUSE OF THE DANGER OF THE SURGERY, BUT BECAUSE THIS JUST HAD TO WORK -. YOU KNOW? ALSO AS WITH ALL REVISION WHERE THE BAND IS STILL IN YOU DON'T KNOW UNTIL YOU WAKE UP IF THEY WERE ACTUALLY ABLE TO DO BOTH SURGERIES.

WELL, I WOKE UP TO FIND DR. CHAND COULDN'T DO IT. ALTHOUGH THE BAND HAD BEEN EMPTY SINCE 4/1/14 - FOR SOME REASON IT WAS STILL TIGHT AND IT HAD ATTACHED ITSELF TO MY LIVER. THERE WAS ALSO A LOT OF SCAR TISSUE. AND THE PORT HAD EMBEDDED ITSELF INTO ME. HE REMOVED THE BAND, DETACHED IT FROM MY LIVER & CUT OUT SCAR TISSUE & THE PORT. IT WAS A 2 PLUS HOUR SURGERY. SO I WAS SENT HOME TO RECOVER FOR 3 MONTHS. I KNOW ABOVE ALL ELSE, WE WANT TO BE SAFE AND MY DOCTOR IS EXCELLENT BUT,I WAS SOOOO DISAPPOINTED.

SO HERE WE ARE MY BYPASS WILL DONE CHRISTMAS EVE - GOD WILLING!

I HAVE BEEN ON A PRE-OP FAST 6 DAYS NOW, SLIM FAST & CARNATION INSTANT Breakfast. A TOTAL OF 800 CALORIES A DAY. I HAVE HAD DIARRHEA THE WHOLE TIME. UHG!! BUT I DON'T REALLY MIND. THE DOC SAYS IT'S TO SHRINK THE LIVER, WHICH IF NOT DONE CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS DURING THE OPERATION AND I CERTAINLY DON'T WANT THAT.

PLEASE EVERYONE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED.

HAVE A SAFE & MERRY CHRISTMAS & A BLESSED NEW YEAR!

bodyweight.png?ts=1419315080

I am so sorry for all the problems with the lap band. I had the gastric bypass and other than the hospital stay have been doing well. What a great gift to yourself. You will do great. Have a merry Christmas and a thin new year. Best of luck to you.

HI MAGGIE

CONGRATS ON YOUR SURGERY. WOW!! 129 LBS LOST IN WHAT IN LIKE 1 YEAR. THAT'S CRAZY! YOU'RE MY HERO. I'VE GOT TO GET ANY INFO YOU WILLING TO GIVE ME TO DO AS WELL. SERIOUSLY. ANY TIPS OR SUGGESTIONS. THAT'S AMAZING. I'LL BE CHECKING BACK WHEN I GET OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND AM ABLE TO. THEY WANT ME THERE TOMORROW AT 6:30 AM OUCH!!!! SO I'M HEADED TO DO THE LAST MINUTE THINGS. HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS SEASON & NEW YEAR

Hi Denise! I too am in the chicagoland area. NW suburbs. I had my bypass in July and I'm official down 90lbs. My experience has been nothing but amazing. I did not catch you stats, but I have a ton of clothes from 2xl to size 16 if you need anything. I'm not looking to sell them, just want to give then to someone who could use them while downsizing :) I'm in the Crystal Lake area if you ever need some moral support, I'd love to stay in touch. I'm not familiar with dr chand, but wish you a successful surgery! What better gift to give yourself than the gift of health!

Best of luck to you, Denise and kudos on your bravery and positive attitude through so many challenging circumstances! I'll certainly say a prayer for a speedy, successful surgery for you, and look forward to hearing how you're doing :)

Denise,

I will be more than happy to help you along. You have made the right decision. The hospital I go to have actually stopped doing lap band surgery altogether. My sisters friend says the fills are expensive. I am not against it, just have heard things. I'm sure it is fine for some people. You will be real emotional at first, I was anyway. Plus Christmas eve in the hospital sucks.

I think you will do better this time around. Considering how many of these surgeries done, there very few complications. I'm glad you waited until healed from your last one. This will also be a long healing process. The more Protein you get the faster you will heal. Plus sleep is neccesary as is your liquids. Don't dehydrate. I put you on my friends list if that's okay. So message me anytime you want to. I hope your hospital stay is short. And wish you a merry Christmas and exciting new year. Get ready to start buying smaller sizes.