Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling like you're getting no where

@@AJP1243 - Perhaps instead of making an entire post complaining about rudeness, which honestly is just a disaster waiting to happen, you just make it a point to be as positive as you can be while you are here? It might be a much more productive use of space.

Edited by BLERDgirl

@@mmckaskle - You're 2 months out? What stage are you at? Can you eat whatever you can tolerate?

I still get nauseated a lot. Some foods I can tolerate some I can't..I'm just trying to make sure I get all the Protein in for the day..I still struggle with all the water..but hopefully going back to work will help that as I will be starting my day a lot earlier

That is what I am referring to the one person sorry I didn't comment earlier when it was first said I just saw the topic when I did comment. Maybe I should have just made my own thread about rude comments in general but I don't know how so I just left a comment. I said I have been seeing it in other thread topics. Did not say there were multiple in this one.

YOU were the one person I was referring to.

I still get nauseated a lot. Some foods I can tolerate some I can't..I'm just trying to make sure I get all the Protein in for the day..I still struggle with all the water..but hopefully going back to work will help that as I will be starting my day a lot earlier

It gets easier. My mistake was rushing to the next stage. I've slowed it down quiet a bit though...at 5 mos out I still have stomach discomfort but thats ok. Take it one day at a time. I like myfitnesspal app because it keeps my butt accountable. :)

I've eaten out a few times (and I'm just over 5 weeks out). I either order chili or an omelette. I think that maintaining healthy social relationships is important too.

Panera has a great chili. I find I can only eat about a 1/4 cup of it and then I am good. Its nicely seasoned and makes my taste buds and brain feel like I ate something significant since I'll eat it slowly.

Just curious as to if a person will ever be able to eat a "portion" of food following the surgery. I keep hearing 1/4 of this a 1/2 of that and it kind of scares me that I am going to hate myself for doing this... Do you ever go back to eating a normal human portion of food?

YOU were the one person I was referring to.

Yeah that was pretty obvious..lol

Just curious as to if a person will ever be able to eat a "portion" of food following the surgery. I keep hearing 1/4 of this a 1/2 of that and it kind of scares me that I am going to hate myself for doing this... Do you ever go back to eating a normal human portion of food?

Thats a question I had too. I was told its possible but there are painful consequences involved. My NUT, doc, etc all told me to stop the moment I feel satisfied. Usually I feel full, occasionally stuffed if I drank Water to close to eating. Keep in mind, portion sizes can be relative.

That being said, I personally can't imagine ever being able to eat a full portion of anything ever again since my pouch is so small.

Curious to see if anyone has ever experienced eating a full portion.

Have you had the procedure yet? The first few weeks after I really did hate myself. I was miserable. Now I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. Food no longer runs things, I do. ???????????? LOL

Edited by tomi71

Why would you want to? Isn't that what helped make you fat?

Not sure what you expected, but Thats kind of the whole point of the surgery...

If I could eat normal portions I would consider it a failed VSG.

But is you are interested in temporary restriction, you may check out the obalon balloon.

Edited by Kindle

Edited by woo woo

Thats a question I had too. I was told its possible but there are painful consequences involved. My NUT, doc, etc all told me to stop the moment I feel satisfied. Usually I feel full, occasionally stuffed if I drank Water to close to eating. Keep in mind, portion sizes can be relative.

That being said, I personally can't imagine ever being able to eat a full portion of anything ever again since my pouch is so small.

Curious to see if anyone has ever experienced eating a full portion.

Have you had the procedure yet? The first few weeks after I really did hate myself. I was miserable. Now I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. food no longer runs things, I do. LOL

I get my surgery on the 12th of January and food has been running my life for 40 years.

Why would you want to? Isn't that what helped make you fat?

No, eating 2,3 and 4 portions made me fat.. I have always tried Portion Control but my body and mind would not let me eat just the one portion...