Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleeved Surgery was Nov, 10 weighed 344lbs. First check up was Nov, 18 326lbs. Currenty weight 316lbs. So Since surgery I have lost 28 pounds. I'm Nervous to see my Dr. on Thur. When I had my lapband he would always tell me that I'm not following the diet 100%. I was only losing 2-4 pounds a month. I always leave his office feeling depressed. Like I failed. I think I'm doing pretty good but would like it to be more. I will admit I only get in about 30grams of Protein and 50oz Water. I just always feel bloated. I just hope this works for me. Just feeling very sad and nervous.

You are losing, that's all that counts! I'm struggling with being bloated also but I'm much newer to the sleeve than you so we may be experiencing different things.

What im trying is to cut out sugar free things that have sugar alcohols, and also trying a non dairy Protein shake. (Still looking for a good one).

Cutting sugar alcohol has helped already so it may be something for you to try to aid in reducing the bloating feeling. (Assuming it's due to gas)

Good luck and don't be down on yourself. You lost weight and are continuing to lose, that makes you a success already.

28 lbs in less than two months is great. Did you expect to lose 200 lbs in a month? Nothing is instant. It takes time. You will continue to lose weight. The Gastric Sleeve is a tool and will help you keep it off.

You are def. seeing results. Be patient. Its hard to get in enough Protein. I struggle with it everyday.

@@DionVSGme Your doing fine! Sometimes our surgeons need to be reminded that we aren't all made out of cookie molds, our bodies are going to do what they darn well please no matter how much we "shame"'them. As long as you are doing what your suppose to and following your surgeons rules then he/she will Just have to follow our bodies process! Don't let them make you feel bad, you just focus on that Protein and water!

Edited by Elode

Awwh...DON'T let anyone get you Down!!! Your doing Great, no matter if you nothing for the month...it will come off. I am a slow looser too even with a 5dy / 1hr workout. The one thing I know is that I'm not going backwards! My weight before surgery was 200 on 11/18/14 today I'm 187. But I'm not worried...I'm just going to keep on pushing through. And, muscle weighs more than fat.

Thank you all, I think I'm doing good and I guess that's all that really matters. Im going to up my Water and Protein. I can't really work out that much. I have a very bad back and it hurts walking at times. Maybe the more weight that comes off the more I will be able to walk. I was in a bad car accident over 4 years ago and gained over 100 pounds. I just want my life back just need to remind my self that it's going to life long journey. One step at a time.

If you are following your plan, then that's all you can do. Only you know if you are doing that. It's a true fact that our bodies lose at their own rate, and can't be compared to others. Just keep your eye on the prize, and you'll get there!

We all have to start somewhere. If you can only walk 2 mph on a treadmill that's all you can do. But that is better than nothing. I was well over 300 lbs 7 months ago. I'm almost 200 now. I was doing like 20 minutes on the treadmill and another 10 on the bike. I had to work up to what I do now (over an hour plus weights). But every day is going to get easier to go longer or faster. And that's better than yesterday. That is all that matters. Make today better than yesterday, and if you have an off day, don't get too down on yourself.

Can you increase your Protein and Water? I try to get in at least 100 grams of Protein a day (2 Protein shakes with soy milk account for the bulk of my protein intake) and al least 96 oz. of Water. It is hard, I know. It really helps with the weight loss. High protein/low carb.

Best of luck!

It sounds like you're doing fine. But I worry about your Protein and Fluid intake. Heads-up – my doc said getting your Protein level up quickly and maintaining it throughout is the best chance of preventing hair loss. He also said that hydration is a key to skin elasticity. Armed with that info, I try to get in 80-100 grams of protein and 100+ oz. of liquid every day. Anything else is gravy. Besides those two stipulations, my doc's only other rules are to take multi-vitamins and Calcium-citrate-plus-D every day, and keep carbs as low as possible. For me that means no starches or sugars (including alcohol).

Here's my plan. Maybe it will help you get some ideas. Good luck!

Rog

Below is a "typical" day's menu:

As for carbs, mostly I get them from my shakes, Greek yogurt, and the very limited veggies I'm able to fit in after my protein. Other doctors and nutritionists give you carb targets, but my doctor just says to limit them as much as possible. If you're not logging your food yet, I'd suggest using http://www.myfitnesspal.com/. It helps you keep track of your protein and fluids, but also can help you figure out if anything is going off track and affecting your weight loss.

Okay, here's an example of my day:
  • I keep a 2-quart jug and a 24-oz Tervis tumbler (with a handle) both at home and at work.
  • I count my morning Protein Shake as a meal, not a Fluid. (30 grams of protein)
  • 30-60 minutes later, I have a cup of coffee. (Count it as a fluid if you like.)
  • After that, I drink a 24-oz. tumbler of Decaf, sugar-free iced tea, like Crystal Light throughout the morning. (Lots of frequent sips)
  • Then I walk for 40+ minutes.
  • Then it's lunchtime - tuna salad or chicken salad, or leftover protein from dinner. (16-22 grams of protein) and maybe a bite of veggies if there's room.
  • About 45 minutes after lunch, I'll fill another 24-oz tumbler of iced tea and sip that throughout the afternoon, finishing by 30 minutes before my afternoon snack.< /li>
  • At around 4:00 or 4:30, my afternoon snack is usually a Greek yogurt (12 grams of protein) or some leftovers. (This is also a good time to get in some veggies or a V-8 if you're getting enough protein at other times.)
  • Maybe a cup of hot tea in the later afternoon. (Count it as a fluid you like.)
  • Then dinner – again, getting 20-25 grams of protein from lean steak, fish, chicken, or pork, and maybe a bite or two of veggies.
  • Finally, another 24-oz cup of iced tea or Water 30-45 minutes after dinner that I sip throughout the evening.
  • If I'm hungry later, sugar-free Jello or sugar-free popsicles are good. And if I'm short on protein or still hungry, another yogurt or protein shake. (I'm not worried about the calories because this menu only provides 700-900 per day.)
So that's 70+ grams of protein and 72+ ounces of fluid. If you have a regular enough schedule, you can follow it every day. If not, maybe a modified version will work.
The big trick is in pre-planning your meals and your fluids, especially if you're going to be away from home or work. In those cases, I always make sure there will be something I can eat, or I bring along a Protein Shake or some kind of meat to carry me through. Beef or turkey Jerky is my on-the-fly meal. A 3 oz bag is over 30 grams of protein and about 200 calories. The sodium can be high, so watch for that. I've also gotten pretty good at restaurant eating. I avoid the bread and salad, order chicken, steak, lamb, fish, or pork, trade in the starch for a second veggie, skip the dessert.... and end up taking half of the meat, and almost all of the veggies home.
I know we need to learn to eat "normally", but I'm not there yet – especially when it comes to carbs. When I get to goal weight, I'll work on finding my new low-carb "normal". In the meantime, this eating plan is working really well.

Saw these tonight. May be handy for some people. A baggie of sugar free Jello squares. I'm gonna get some!

I think your loss sounds right on track?! I get a little irritated when surgeon's get down on patients. Sometimes I think that they think all they have to do is doing their thing in surgery, and if something doesn't go exactly textbook, they are not at fault and the patient is. Truth is...we can only do what we can do! I have always done a journal of my food, exercise, Protein, and water...so that I can show them exactly what I'm doing!

You're loss sounds good to me. I don't understand these negative docs. I loss 26lbs at my 2 week visit but only 6 at my 6week. My team was just as encouraging both times. Today I had lost another 16lbs and they were just over the moon.

Don't beat yourself up. Work on upping your Protein. I mix greek yogurt in my protien shake and sometimes add a tbsp of almond butter. That alone will give you between 33 -38 gms of Protein. That leaves the rest of the day to get in another 30.

Are you exercising? I lose a lot better when I exercise at least 3 times a week. Even of it;s a 30 minute walk, do it.

Keep working at it. Things will fall into place.