Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only 15 days to go!

My surgery is on Dec 30th!!! It's almost here, and the days seem to be flying by!!! I will be toasting the New Year with my 1 fl. oz. medicine cup of Water in the hospital, lol!!! ???? ???? ???? I am excited, but nervous too. I think it's natural, as it would be before any type of major surgery. The most nerve racking thing for me is my fear of the unknown. I have always feared change, especially any big changes in my life, and this will by far be the biggest one yet. However, I am in therapy, and it helps to work on new coping skills other than eating, which up until I entered into the weight loss surgery program at Boston Medical Center almost a year ago, had been my go-to coping mechanism for any type of stress, depression or anxiety I was feeling. I have major depression and generalized anxiety disorder, so it's been tough going, but I am trying harder and improving every day. It's a process for me, and will probably never stop being one. But since I first started this weight loss surgery journey on Dec. 13, 2013, up until my pre-op appointment on Dec. 11, 2014, literally almost a year ago, I have really tried to change my way of thinking and behavior in terms of eating, and I'm proud to say it worked. I have lost 46 pounds on my own, so I'm starting to become more confident that I can handle life after surgery. ☺ ????

I would definitely appreciate LOTS of support and encouragement on this forum though, since I'm sure not every day is smooth sailing!!! Any advice or personal experiences people would share regarding their hospital stay, the day of discharge from the hospital and the first week or two at home would sure be helpful right now!!! It's coming up so fast!!! ???? ????

My sleeve is the 29th, so a day before yours, and I can identify with your nerves and history of depression. GOOD ON YA for the substantial weight loss already. I am looking for a new therapist to help me through the transition of losing weight and adjusting to my new self. I like my old therapist but he's not really the right guy for this job.

What kind of presurgery diet are you on?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches