Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to bring to my first appt with surgeon?

Hello All!

I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me? I have my very first appointment with my surgeon on Friday, and i was wondering what i should bring with me? I want to go through insurance (i have cigna) i have already called to see if they cover it through my employer and they do, and they cover the Surgeon that I want to see. I want to be sure that i am organized and this approval process goes as smoothly as possible (at least from my end)

- i have all of my bank statements with gym membership fees, weight watchers payments, and Medi weight loss payments

But that is about it! can you all think of other things i should bring?

QUESTIONS.

Pen and paper.

All you need to bring is yourself and and your insurance info. They will ask about what you typically eat in a day. They should give you and overall review of the surgery and how their program works. Take notes unless they give you hand outs. You don't need bank statements or proof of gym membership.

Thank you! Apparently, i am more concerned about what insurance will need rather than my surgeon. Thank you for your replies, This is all greek to me, so i appreciate the help!

Also, ask them for the medical codes they will charge your insurance. You want to make sure everything is covered.

My first appt spelled out exactly what was and wasn't covered. The one thing they were unsure if was the post op Vitamins. Then they told me to check with my insurance co. Double check on the testing. I saved by having X-rays, pft & upper GI done at my in plan hospital. They would have covered those test at the hospital I had surgery at but I would have had a higher copay.

Still for that first appt. write down your concerns, then go to the appt & take notes. Whatever isn't answered you can ask.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches