Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I was banded on October 4, 2004 and I'm up to the Mushy food stage and would like some ideas of what others ate during this phase.

Thank you,

Jill

235/217/140

Hi, Jill, can you tell us a little bit about yourself? Where were you banded? You've done great on your weight loss. Please check the old posts for several mushie food suggestions. Did your dr. give you a foods list? Have you tried refried Beans, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, scrambled eggs? They taste wonderful after getting off of liquids, don't they? Welcome and please come back and visit w/ us!

I am 36 years old, been struggling with my weight for 10 years. I lose weight but never seem to keep it off. 235 lbs was my highest weight ever and let me tell you that I suffered at that weight. I wheezed, my sciata nerve hurt so bad I couldn't walk, I had constant heartburn, etc. I was miserable, I even became socially isolated. The LapBand surgery at this time was my only hope for being able to lose the weight and permentaley keep it off.

I live in Brooklyn, NY and Dr. Macura did my surgery. I've had no problems since my surgery, no vomiting. I go for my first fill November 13. I'm anxious for it. I'm anxious for these 6 weeks to be finished so I can move on to regular everyday foods without pureeing.

Hi Jill - WELCOME!!

Well, believe it or not, I cant seem to remember what I ate that was actually a "mushy" food. It seems like I went from liquids to solids. For me the "mushy" stuff was about food that was easy for your stomach to digest... baked chicken (small pieces at a time), sweet potatoe, etc. I also had ALOT of popcicles before I got my first fill (Blue Bunny brand has many "no sugar" products) and since I stayed hungry this was a quick fix.

Good luck - this phase is almost over!

Hi Jill,

Mushies are really anything at all that's soft enough to swallow pretty much without chewing. Scrambled eggs are very deceptive, though; even now I can't eat them easily. My favorites during the mushy phase were things I'd normally avoid: rich cheeses, exotic dips and spreads, pates and mousses; things like that from the deli section. If you've ever wanted to try the seafood mousse but thought it was too expensive, for example, now is the time to go for it! You don't need much to fill up, and you're not eating anything else so why not live it up for a week or two? :)