Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Able to eat & worried! Advice pls!

I'm 5 weeks post op & have been able to eat anything that I want to and I feel like I am able to eat too much. Nothing bothers my sleeve. Did any long term sleevers deal with this early in your journey & if so did u still lose?? I'm so worried I won't lose anymore.

What are you eating that's going down so easy?

If you eat Protein first and insist on hitting your 60-80 grams of Protein daily target, at 5 weeks you should be able to eat little else.

Well a few days ago I fixed my toddler a grilled cheese & he took 2 bites & before I realized it (completely out of habit) I had eaten the rest of his sandwich no problem. I just see people that can't eat but a few bites & are shedding pounds & the fact that I can eat scares me. I'm hungry a Lot. Not head hunger either, real hunger. Every few hours.

I am hungry and eat every 3 hours or so, too. But I've never had a grilled cheese while I Was still losing. Way too many carbs. Are you getting 60-80g everyday? If not, that may help with your hunger. bread is a slider with almost no nutrition and will not keep you hungry. Stick with Protein and veggies at this point. That's pretty much all I ate until I was close to goal and then I added in more full fat dairy and carbs in the form of fruit and whole grains. It's great that you have no food intolerances, just be careful what you CHOOSE to eat.

Edited by Kindle

Stay away from carbs! They make you hungry. Like Ann said, if you are eating foods rich in Protein, you should fill up and not be hungry until your next meal. Every time I go over my allotted amount of carbs, I find myself wanting to snack and eat all day. It never fails! That's good incentive for me to stay away from bread, rice, etc....and get my carbs from veggies and even a little fruit ONLY.

Here is an experiment: find out how many unsalted boiled eggs you can eat in one sitting if you take small bits and chew it well. Guaranteed that you can't eat as much as quickly and as automatically as you did the grilled cheese. I have heard what the others are saying, that starches make you hungry for more starches, as in the Chinese food phenomenon. You know, how you are starving again about an hour after eating? Even at almost a year, one egg fills me up, but I am sure that I could totally lose control with apple pie and ice cream

I'm about one wk ahead as I'm 6wks out. I would question if it is real hunger or acid? I started to have an overwhelming feeling of hunger and felt I could have eaten just about anything. I realized that I had forgotten to take my omeprazole. Once back on track problem solved and my tummy was back to it's sleeved self feeling full with the smaller portions and restricted intake.

You have to practice mindful eating. You said you ate your toddler's sandwich without even thinking about it. That's the mental game we have to relearn. We can't eat without thinking about it. Perhaps time your Protein Drink or meal to coordinate with when you feed your toddler. Then if they don't finish it will help you to remember what you should be eating (protein first, then veggies).