Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to this surgery!

My name is Ariel and I am 23 years old. I had gastric bypass surgery on December 3rd. Since my surgery I have had the hardest time getting down the Protein shakes...they are repulsive to me now...so I have been getting so many different kinds of protein supplements some work some don't. I also feel like everything makes me want to gag...even air fresheners that I loved before now make me sick...has anyone else had these problems?

Yup I can relate. My sense of smell has been insane after surgery. I can smell stuff I never could before and smells that never phased me make me crazy nauseous. I also hated every Protein post op that I originally like pre op. Get some unflavored Protein, that should help a lot.

Remind yourself that the Protein shakes can just be a temporary thing and once you are on to normal foods you will never have to drink them again. This was the only thing that kept me sane lol!

Edited by sunflowerchild

I just ordered some tasteless, odorless Protein Powder on Amazon so I really hope that helps! I never thought it would be this hard :)

Me too. Surgery on the 4th. My nut said doesn't worry to much about the Protein. Don't try and drink more than 2 ounces per 15 min. Just worry about the Water for now and ease into the food.

I've been doing good with Tomato cream Soup, vanilla Protein and crystal light. Best wishes

There really is no such thing as unflavored Protein. It has a distinct taste to it, unflavored means it isn't vanilla, chocolate, etc. I found that if I used the "unflavored" and added stronger tasting items to it that worked. Try adding Peanut Butter or bananas, they help to cover up the taste of the Protein Powder. Fortunately this stage doesn't last too long.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches