Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Band in San Antonio

Hi!! Has anyone else used Dr. John Gonzalez in San Antonio? I was banded on Friday and I am finally feeling great. I am still having gas pain and pressure, but it is tolerable. I almost chickened out completely and canceled the surgery. I am so thankful that I didn't. I am a little nervous about having only liquids for the next 2 weeks. I am sure I can do it. I would love to add a ticker to my signature. Can anyone tell me how? Good Luck to all of the up and coming bandsters this week.

Congratulations on your surgery. Don't worry about the liquids. You CAN do it. Remember, your band needs this time to heal.

All the best!

Thanks for the encouraging words Devana. Today is better. I am just still hungry. I can't wait for full liquids! Have you been banded yet?

Yes, I was banded the end of June 06. I haven't lost nearly as much as others, nevertheless I'm very happy I did it. I have a friend who had a lot lower BMI than I, and she came down to Mexico and was banded at the same time. She had much less to lose and now she's 10 pounds from goal. She looks fantastic and is an inspiration to me.

Keep posting and reading on this site. It's a great place for information and support.

Hi ReadyToLose !

If I'm reading your post correctly, you were banded on Friday the 18th... So was I !!! By Dr. Gonzalez !!!

How are things going for you now? I'm doing well, glad to have a little more substantial food... I didn't know baby food could taste soooo good... LOL

So far, I like Dr. Gonzalez and his staff, they all seem like they truely care.

I look forward to hearing how you're progressing !

lauralee (workshop78009)

Congrats on your banding...hope you are feeling better each and everyday....the liquid for two weeks is not that bad..just stay well hydrated....take little sips...don't gulp...that will help with not getting air in your stomach....

To add the ticker....type in tickerfactory.com in search...this will open a page with the tickers...click on first choice of graphical event...once that opens, click on the weight loss ticker and follow instructions...you can set up your ticker and then copy and paste the url code in your sig. box...you will need to go the user cp....then click on edit sig....paste your code in the box and you will be good to go...good luck....

Hey! Congratulations on your surgery! I am a fellow Texan, here on the very south tip of Texas! Just wanted to say hello and hope you continue with the smooth recovery.

<p>The surgery here in Canada is 17000. I see that mexico is much cheaper but is it safe to have surgery so far away and what about followup? Has anyone had this experience</p>

Hi!! Lauralee!! I am so excited to be feeling so much better. I never knew grits were soooo good. It is amazing how as of Monday, I started feeling like myself again. I go in for my post op check on Thursday. I had a very large hernia that he had to repair and I am anxious to hear from him about that. They did not give my family much information about it on the daty of surgery. I am happy wiht AIGB. Is that wear you go? The staff there is great. I hope you are doing great. I am going to try and add a ticker. Do you go to any support groups?

Hi ReadyToLose,

Glad to hear you're doing well... I'm finally feeling human again and getting myself back to my regular routine. I also go to AIGB, Dr. Gonzalez did my surgery as well. My follow-up was also this past thursday, the 31st and I was also anxious to ask him about my own hernia repair...lol....we seem to be on the same wave-length in our little journey so far !

Doc put me on Soft Foods so that was a real treat to get to eat something with some substance. I'm fighting the hungries between meals but so far have been really good about what i'm eating. I can't wait to get my first fill which should help. I go back on the 20th, which Dr. Gonzalez said I will probably be ready for my first.... yippee !

I'm not going to any support groups, do you know of any in SA? I haven't really looked into it, but it might be something I should check into.

Let me know how you're doing... maybe we can get together sometime and "compare notes" :welldoneclap:

lauralee

Banded 5/18/07

244/229/125

<p>Wow, congrats on being banded. I can't wait for my date. Hopefully that is real soon. Anyway, I to go to AIGB. I love the staff there, they are awesome: so friendly and caring. I get to mean Dr. G in a couple of weeks. I am excited for you, and hope that you continue to do great. </p> <p> </p> <p>Sweety</p>