Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

You don't have to use the biking shoes but you will probably need new pedals if you are going to go that route. Once you get the hang of it it will be no biggie to get your foot out of the pedal.

HP it is nasty hot here too but I promised myself I would get some riding in. I am on two a day cardio right now so I wanted to get the biking in. I obviously kicked my own ass yesterday because todays ride was not easy. Plus it was 90 and muggy heat index of 85...blah. I want autumn to come and quick!

Our heat index is supposed to be 106-110 tommorow....i am sick of it

plus overtime....so, I am having a badddd week....

sorry

D, HP, BG, Thanks for the support and well wishes. I was typing this up and it appears it has vanished.

D, I was thinking he was pulling a Margarita bar! Congrats it seems you kicked it at the bday party!

BG, great ride way to go!

Slackaction, if you get your bike close to a wall, you can lean your shoulder up against the walland practice clicking in and out of the new pedals

HP, Idont know what the temp/heat index was but it felt like BROIL!

I did manage to knock off 4 miles today with the temp I feel it was worth 10 miles

JC

Ok, JC, I DID NOT kick it in the ass. Today my neighbor, who makes professional cakes, brings over a cake for DD bday. Well, I had to look at it alllllllllllllllllllll day long. It was calling my name....Tonight I had a small square of it, and it really wasn't all that good. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but not like I thought it was going to be good. I absolutely LOVE frosting off cakes!!! This time though, it was way sugary!!! I just hope that is the end of the wanting for the cake. I am only going to keep that thing around for a few days and then it is history!!!! I did get a 25.45 mile ride in tonight so not too bad!!!

I think if you had a small square and didn't care for it that is a victory. In the past I myself have devoured somethink like that even though it wasn't the taste I was looking for, I probably would have chugged a gallon of milk with it as well.

Congrats on the long ride. I have got to make some time to ride. I hope Sunday will be the day.

JC

Hi Kids

Forgive me if I miss some responses...I had to read 3 pages to catch up on two days...

JC-You are a giant big 13 yo kid. Hopefully searching for boobies and drinking beer is behind you, but we know you'll make some dumb ass, dangerous decisions about jumping off of roofs or something else extreme.

I have faith you're doctor is going give you the all clear. Please give us the full story once you know.

D-

Bitch ass nice neighbor, giving you a cake for you daughter. Don't you love that cake and icing just doesn't have the same draw or appeal it used to have?

HP-

Are you able to workout inside? Getting outside is horrible in this weather. Well, in your weather. It's been nice here.

BG

You're a mess! What's going on? A poop sandwich? That's pretty ikcy.

Okay, here's a fun vacation bike story:

The GF and I make plans in the evening for the next day's activities. Tuesday we said we'd bike again, the same trail, it's paved, by the ocean, on the dunes....well we woke up to a misty fog and the potential to a drizzle....so what did we do? We went to the bike shop and rented a TANDUM bike!!!!!!!!!!

We rode to the dunes, which took a bit of conversation, considering we nearly fell off the bike the first two times we tried to get on. "Pedal", "coast"..."Bump".

Then it rained, but we kept on riding, laughing the entire way, up the hills, down the hills...it was HELLARIOUS! OMG. We would have never done that a year ago.

Today we leave the cape but we are going to spend the day on the beach. Tomorrow we fly home from New Hampshire.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

OH, btw, I've been eating like a freaking horse, like I did pre-banded. A bunch of wine too. Heaven help me when I hit the scale, on Saturday. Good think I see the doc on Monday.

J it is so hard to eat well while on vacation. Luckily I did not gain but I am bummed that I did not lose. I am glad you are having fun!

I am just so darn tired from being up for work at 3:45 in the morning. I don't think this shift will suck so bad in the winter time but it is really hard for me to get to bed early enough to not be a bitch all day. I am one of those people who need 8 hours of sleep. I can get by on 6 or 7 but not more than 3 days in a row. I have not been able to fall alseep so i have been only getting 4-5 hours all this week. My head hurts from carb reduction. I should have never went off my eating plan while on vacation. I have only lost 10 pounds since my last dr visit on June 11 and it should be at least 15. I have to go in on Monday and I need to get some weight off this week. And I have been doing two a days for my cardio at 1 hr per workout.

I really just need sleep.

J, I am glad to hear you guys are having fun. I bet the tandem thing was a site until you two got it worked out! Sorry to disappoint but the search for boobies continues! LOL

BG, I'm sorry you caught my insomnia. Even on a good day I am lucky to get 5 hours sleep. I just can't seem to get my stupid brain to stop and rest.

JC

D, I meant to ask:

1. What the heck is a lettuce wrap? It sounds good. Then again an old boot sounds good right now.

2. Does it ever get stuck?

I seem to have trouble with leafy stuff when I have a fill.

JC

JC, a lettuce wrap is a sandwich, except instead of the bread it is wrapped in a lettuce leaf. I have only the one fill, and can pig out with the best of them, so no, I don't get stuck, yet. I can consume my entire meal within 3-4 minutes...if that sometimes. I am really going to be hating it when I get proper restriction. The bad part is before I even had surgery, in my 2 week pre op stage, I had made myself make a meal last for 20 minutes and I chewed every bite 30 times. HA!!! Those things kinda go by the way side after awhile....so I really need to start working on this again.

I am afraid to go weigh today. I feel like I haven't lost and I hate the feelings of disappointment that I see on my own face when I look in the mirror after not losing. The cake sits on the table for me to see all day again, but now, it is a different feeling I am having toward it. I am feeling pissed that it didn't taste better!! I am mad at the cake for not being a better cake!!! Four months ago, I would of had that freakin' cake GONE, in one sitting!!!! So, there is sits, in all of its freakin' high fat glory, wanting someone to eat it, but it is not going to be this hawt ass momma!!!

I woke up this morning to a stuffed up nose and sore throat. I am going to be downing Air Borne and resting today. I DO NOT WANT TO BE SICK SO THAT I CANT RIDE!!!!!!!!!! Funny thing is when i was at my heaviest I didn't mind being sick. I liked that I could lay in bed all day and not have to feel guilty!!!!

BG, a poop sandwich...maybe that is what I am going to have to start thinking about the things that I crave. Tell myself that it is a poop sandwich!!!!!!

J, I am so glad you are having a blast. I bet that would of been a fun time to watch you and gf starting out on that bike. HOW absolutely fun. I have seen a road bike that is tandem. Maybe you should look into getting one. Then DD can go along with you!!!! I know, I know, she is only five!!! But a fun thought for when she gets older!!!

D, there you go, kick that nasty tasting cake's ASS. I know in the past I have pigged out on some stuff that I hated. Now since I have had a few things get stuck, I don't crave certain foods even if I love the taste. I guess it is the whole Pavlov's dog thing, but I have begun to associate negative feelings toward certain foods. I sure hope I never get over that!

Hope you recover quickly! There is bike riding to do!!!!!!!

JC

I know and you have a doc's appt. tomorrow!!! Yippeeee!! A clean bill of health will be good for you! You have a LONG ride to do here coming up....how many states????

Thanks for the encouragement. It's always nice to hear it from someone else besides yourself.

I went and weighed. Down 1.5! I want the initial weight loss again. I want 5-6 pounds to show on the scale again. I loved that!! I guess I can't complain too much. At least I didn't gain any weight. I hate having to be one of those people who worry about their weight. Why couldn't I have just been born one of those skinny people? I hate skinny people.....

Okay, so look at my ticker!!!

Over half way there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO FREAKIN' HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! God, that looks sooooo good!!!!!

Awesome D. I am hoping to do the same with my next weigh in but I don't know.

I could not get out for a ride today due to weather. By the time it cleared up I had no child care. So I did 35 minutes of cardio on the treadmill and 30 more minutes of weights. I have not lifted in a long long time and I think it was almost cardio as fast as my heart was beating!