Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

AWEEEEE, HP, thank you for putting that on here. That made a huge smile on my face.....that is sooo funny to think about how I had a hard time doing 5 miles....and walk up that hill.......HA, that hill is nothing now!!!! I have conquered that hill and many more. Thanks again, I needed that today. I went to the store this morning and of course there is always a couple of women dressed in hardly anything and they look good on top of that!! I hate that. It makes me feel so powerless over my weight and myself. I just want to be in shape and healthy NOW, not later.

HP, you didn't answer whether your hubby was going with you tomorrow...

BTW, I think it is going to be a big no for me for Las Vegas. We want road bikes, and we can't do both. So, I think at this time in my life, gettting a road bike is going to suit me better than going to Vegas for three days. Damn, I sooooooo wanted to go too!!!! We will see, maybe it will all work out for the best!!

Deanna...

You are welcome. I have been feeling down in the dumps and worried I couldnt do the ride Sunday, and when I read that, I thought..WOW..Look how much more we are doing than what we did 2, 3, and 4 months ago. NO ONE would of drug me out of the house in 90 degree temps this time last year....HAHAHAH

we went riding this morning and by 10 it was already 89 degrees. Sunday is even going to be worse.

Yes, My husband John is going. He has a Raliegh road bike(from the 80's) He has fixed it up and it is good for now. He found a Trek road bike for $1000 he wants...so I dont think we would be doing Vegas either.....

My Bike shop tech says to wait on smaller tires until after this weekend...

So that is proably what we will do.

Hope you are havin a good day!!!!

HP, we must be on at the same time. That is so dang cool that he is doing it with you!!! I bet by end of summer, you will be wanting a road bike as well!!!!

Now that I have changed my saddle and tires, I am going A LOT faster and longer. I still really think that I would do so much better on a road bike. The sport comfort and the hybrids are not really made for distant or speed. So, I really think it is going to happen. I keep looking for a used one, but they are kinda hard to find around here. We have soooo many mountains, that mountain biking is the BIG sport around here. We plan on getting some of those next year too, when I have dropped all of my weight. Notice I say NEXT YEAR WHEN ALL MY WEIGHT IT GONE!! I am counting on it being gone then!!!

HP, btw, I thought the hybrid had smaller tires on it already. The ones at our shop has small tires on it, maybe not quite as small as the road bikes, but smaller than what we starte with

Yes the hybrids do. Mine are 35's. I want to drop down to at least a 28. He said if I was on a comfort bike or a mountain bike and switched tires I would notice the difference, but not to much with mine?? I dont know we will see.

Yea, when my weight is gone I want a road bike. That is my present to ME when I reach at least 200...which this morning is just 76 more lbs....WOHOOOOOOO

You knw I was meaning to say something about the comment you made about the people at the store. I think I will always have the issue with not thinking I am pretty or cool to look at, and the sad thing is there are some real pretty people out there that are fit and nice to look at, but are pure B****

YOu know, we are doing so much for ourselves by getting out there and moving...and we need to look at the short term goals, as well as long term. DO you have a weight goal set for like the next few months or by Thanksgiving?????

ok everyone....I am off for the ride......

Catch up with you all later.........

Well, I Have Completed My First Official Ride!!!! We Had Rode The Route Last Weekend, And I Improved My Time By 21 Min....my Average Was Still Under What I Wanted But, Dont Care At This Point!!!!

We Went And Had Breakfast Afterwards, And Drove The Route That Was Longer....looked Pretty Challenging, But A Great Goal....

I Was The Biggest Person On The Route...:) But This Is The Last Year For That....i Cant Believe I Did It And I Am Still Walking....

Thanks Everyone For There Support....couldn't Of Done It Without All Of You!!!!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHH HP, I could just hug you!!!! I am so damn proud of you and happy for you!!!!! What a massive massive boost in your self esteem this must be for you!!!! :whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

You rock it girl!!!! Next year you will be doing in a very short amount of time too!!!! You are awesome and I am proud to say that I know you!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

[ATTACH]9386[/ATTACH]

This was one of the hills, it was extremly hazy and hot. Temps were still around 80 at 915am....

why Thank you Deanna!!!!!

I cried when I got to the finish line....I know BIG BABY....But you know what....I never ever dreamed I would of done this back in April....Wow!!!

Thanks again

Hey I have wireless internet in my B&B, so I'm poking my nose into LBT.

HP, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You rock Chica! You are fantastic!

D- Sorry to hear you're not going to LasVegas, but I understand the desire to get a new bike. I don't blame you a bit.

Can I say we are having a fantastic relaxing time. We just got back from the beach. OHHHHHHHH there's a ride across MA that started yesterday, and they came through Provincetown today! It's very cool to see all the riders.

We are renting bikes tomorrow and traveling through town and an 8 mile bike route.

I'm not counting calories this week, but I'm trying to be good. And the other thing, I called my Surgeon's office and made an appointment for a fill on Monday the 13th. It will be my first. I got my band 5 months ago and I think I really could use the support of a fill in my band.

More later,

J

You are so welcome HP!!! You are awesome!!

J, I am glad that you have internet access. That sounds like a nice relaxing time. Do you have Zoe with you? Or is it just a two person vacay??? LOL....and I think that the fill is a good thing. I think 5 months going alone is enough.

My restriction is completely gone now from my fill on the 23rd of July. I am not scheduled until into Sept. I may see if I can get back in earlier.

J, I am glad you have internet too.....Thanks for the kind words!!! I am sore today...but in a good way.....hmmmm where is JC....I am sure that could end up in the gutter...HAHAHA

I go back for 3 fill on the 23 of this month....I think I need one, but am worried..since I really have not had much restriction yet?

Well...better get working...