Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Hi gang, thought I'd drop in and say a quick "Hi" to my dearly missed bycyling buddies.

I've spent a few hours reading through the last 30-45 pages of posts. Very proud of everyone for what they have accomplished over the past few months.

I am at war with my band - have been for the past few months. Not really wanting to spread that joy. It will get better, or it will get taken out - at this point, I don't have a preference either way.

I'm hoping my travel schedule will eventually calm down to allow me more than 1 day a week at home. Maybe I can get buttercup off of her training stand. She looks so sad - the wife's treadmill gets used regularly, but she has been relegated to laundry rack status (the bike, not the wife).

Miss all of you dearly -

Bike on -

B

B sorry about your troubles buddy. Bandwise I am pretty much where you are. I am having issues and I don't want to face that so I just suffer. I know if I have to go back under the knife they are going to convert me to an RNY and I am just not too certain how I feel about that. So I just suffer and eat things that go down easy. Like butter. Anyhow I hope your travel does calm down and you can chill at home for awhile.

B Nice to hear from you....we have missed you on here......I hope you can get through this struggle.........It stinks sometimes!

sold a $10 yard sale bike for $100 last night. So, we didnt get in till late and I feel like I am going to die....I do like my sleep...LOL....

Hoping to ride tonight, and already have a ride planned for thursday!!!

D...did you tackle the hill again????

welcome to the tread angel!!!! Believe me, we were ALL where you guys are at......just keep riding.....you will eventually beg to get on the road!!!

I got in 21 miles yesterday. It was nice. It's been too long since I've ridden.

We've got a nice hilly rided planned for Saturday morning. :frown:

B-

Dude, I've been thinking about you. I hope all turns out well with you and your band. Traveling has got to be hard on so many things, from eating right, to exercise to seeing the wife. Sorry that stinks!

Irregardlessly (I love saying that) DO, DO, DO keep in touch. If not here IM me! I don't want to lose contact with you.

B, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good to see you on here again!!!! We have been missing you!!!

BG and B, what is going on with your bands???? Sounds quite serious in BG's case....what about you B? I know you know this but here comes the mommy in me.....You did this to have a healthy happy life, not to suffer....find out what is wrong if you don't know already. Either way it sucks, if they have to take it out, or if you have to live on slick stuff the rest of your life.... Thats just as bad as being obese. Life can be gone at any time, you need to enjoy it!!

Now, off the mommy case....

HP, no, we did not do the hill again, it rained last night and the wind was blowing so hard, we could hardly pedal. We came home and ate and then the wind calmed down so we went back out, and lo and behold, the wind comes back up again, so we only got 14.25 miles in last night. Hoping for some good miles tonight.

J, glad you rode!!! Glad you have some time planned for Saturday, I really don't think there is anything quite like riding to relieve stress from your life.

Now to hear from JC and TX!!!!

well ty all for the welcome feeling!! hubby and i went for ride again last night... i have a great neighborhood for riding... we just kept going for about 45 minutes .. and both had so much fun. of course he's a thin person who can eat what he wants ( that sucks lol) but feels better with the excercise also. i'm banded since nov 07 and so far lost 93lbs... now struggling with what to eat, and such. i dont want to be on a diet i want to be on a healthy eating plan so thats what i'm doing. 17lbs left to get off and i'm hoping biking will help... i didnt excercise as i should before. i'm watching my calories and making healthy choices... and refuse to live on atkins.... if i could do that i'd have done it without band... anyway... thanks again for making me feel like its ok to fit in here. :frown:

loveangelpet,

You sooo fit in here, see we are the elite....we take it on ourselves to exercise. Most people who are banded try to do everything else but exercise.....welcome to elite camp....lol....really though, join in anytime and congrats on the 45 minutes!!

Well I am now I guess! LOL I just bought a bike last weekend. Nothing fancy for now to see how I like it. I was scared to death getting on, after all it's been 25+ years. But it's true, you never forget how. It's pathetic how out of shape I am. I went around the block my first night. LOL Yesterday I was up to 2.25 miles but today I could only do 1.25 but I added another hill. I also went later in the morning when it was hotter, does that make a difference? I still can't help but think that people are commenting about the fat chick on the bike, but one day they are going to see that former fat chick who lost a lot of weight on that bike! I am also fairly newly banded, just 6 weeks post op tomorrow.

hey, I am 228 and have a big BUTT that gets bigger in spandex....and also always getting into fights with my jersey.....I know people look, but I dont care anymore at all. I love the feel of being on that bike....

You guys hang in there..and yes, yes, yes.....the hotter it is, the harder it is to ride.

I always TRY to ride in the evening or in the am....but sometimes mid afternoon rides are the only time...I always cut it down when I do that....

Drink and drink.....

Long2be,

HP said it all....drink, drink and drink. Keep hydrated is important when riding in hot weather.

I still think people are laughing a pointing, but who is the one on the bike, and who is in the car eating McDonalds, getting ready to die from cardiac arrest. You know, I am more fit and in shape than most skinny people I know, so its not all about the skinny person. They couldn't do it even if they wanted to, just stick your nose in the air and don't look at what people are doing. I have had a few guys hooting and hollering at me lately, I don't pay attention either way, didn't like me fat, don't look at me thin. Thats how I look at it.

HP, you riding tonight? Wanna do a challenge for the night? How about going at least 30 miles tonight????? Wanna?????? Huh?????