Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Deana........my gosh thats alot of miles. You keep it up.

700 dang!

I was meant to be fasting today but i got so hungry and ate a bunch..now i have a food baby in my belly.

Oh my, a food baby.....how many pounds does it weigh and are you getting an ultrasound????

BG has over 900 miles this season...she is the bike mamma....I ride 130 a week at least, so she must ride A LOT!!!

Yeah when you get starbucks and you get all full thats a starbucks baby or at taco bell thats a taco bell baby and so on and such....

Well, at least I know what people are talking about when they say they are having a baby now...I will ask, "Is it a Taco Bell baby?" I might get some mighty weird looks...

Who's, why were you suppose to be fasting today??? Something you do regularly or something to do with your marathon?

I ordered new shorts and some pink socks that say HO HO HO on them...overnighted with Fedex....that was Saturday...hopefully tomorrow they will be here...

15 years of marriage tomorrow. Its gone so fast....boy, I sure do love that man.

I have a LOVE-HATE relationship with my band. The two of us haven't figured out how to co-exist in harmony yet. I want one thing, it wants another and so forth. It's only been 3 months, so I'm sure we'll come to some sort of compromise!

But yes, I was amazed to have lost anything at all! :confused_smile:

D!!!!!

Happpyyyy Anniversary a day early!!!!! That is just amazing that you are still so in love.....haha!!! They are great and defiantly couldn't live without my man either!!!!

Even though it was a blast going out without him this evening....

T...I know what you mean about the love hate thing....I have the same issues........I am working real hard and I need to change some OLD habits....but, getting closer to breaking them all...soon

D...I am almost at 500 !!!!!

To me that is just awesome......I am setting some major goals for myself over the next 10 weeks...maybe 11 since I will be gone a week for work...

But...I believe that challenges make us strive for something better...something that we never thought we could achieve.... I went to ride tonight because you told me you were going out for a ride....I knew I had a choice...either sit here because my husband did not want to ride, or go.....so, my daughter and I loaded the bikes up and off we went. Bad thing was is it was already 7 and we only had so long to ride...so going where we could get in the mileage was out of the question considering we would have to drive 30 miles one way to get there.

So we went 10 miles away and got in what we could and challenged ourselves on some killer hills.....You know, I am reallyyyyy getting tired of the hills....but doing them in a harder gear when you use to walk the same hill, it is truly a wonderful feeling...........and the burn........oh ya!!!!

Ok, got to get to bed....LOL

That is so great HP!!! I agree with the challenges. They make you want it more.

I went out tonight with intentions of going around 40 miles. I actually went to do the 40K route that I signed up to do in September with the 1500' climb in 9 miles. We were not going to go to the top, but along came one of the guys from the LBS that we talk to a lot when we go in, he stopped and talked to us, and then talked us into going all the way to the top. He stayed with me the entire time and helped me work through the grinds. I was doing climbs all wrong!!! You want to sit up more and back and push your heels down and use your hamstrings to get you up the hill. You want to breath deeply the entire time. I always bent over to my drop downs and tried to get up that way. This way was soooo much easier. I am going to find a group to ride with just to get some more good advice. Anyway, I conquered the climb and am exhausted but can't wait to do it again. That's what I love about cycling, for me, no matter how hard I work at it, I still want to go out and do it again. It never gets boring to me.

OMG...I never realized it, but I did and do the same thing pulling a hill????? WOW.....must work on that tonight when I go out.....

Hmmm...just really didnt realize that.......I am always in the drops pulling a hill......

I have been included in a "faster group ride" this weekend.....she called 2 rides and the first one will pick up the second group of riders and than head back.....I asked her where she thought I should be, and she told me with the first group....so, I am pleased....I have allot to prove to her and to me......and i am doing it each time I hit the pavement...even last nights ride, short as it was, I did the hills without going to the granny gears and it felt awesome!!!!

Have a Happy anniversery day!!!!!!:tongue_smilie:

Happy Aniversary!!!

I actually Rode to work today...12 miles. And i stopped at the gym on the way to lift weights and swim.

So i left my house at 4.20am got to the YMCA at 5am (about 10 miles) left the YMCA at 6.20 and got to work at 6.40am Good thing i have a locker and shower in my office.

And the best part is i have another 12miles to go home:)!