Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I am doing the 62. My friend who is coming is probably going to do the 25 so if you come and do that it would be fabulous. I don't want to leave her alone but I want to do the longer ride.

And the Wings are soooooooo going to dominate.

BG I'm so glad you're feeling better!

I don't know yet which ride I'll be able to do. I usually bounce back pretty good each spring, but this last summer was pretty rough with having chemo. I didn't ride near as much as I usually do and of course this winter was spent still feeling sorry for myself. But now I feel better and I'm starting to lose weight thanks to my shiney new Lap Band! YAY for Lap Band! I think I'll bring my DD, she'll love it and she loves t-shirts!

Have you all registered yet?

If BG is doing 62, then you know, I've got to do it too. I can't have the young wipper snapper show me up.

But we'll start out together and have dinner/lunch whatever together afterward. There's good SAG on this ride I'm pretty sure. I don't want C riding alone, but I don't want BG riding alone either. Look at me being all mother henish! We are all grown people. I suppose we will ride whatever we like to ride, no?

My speed varies, about 14mph is my average on the open road, but now that I'm not scared of my pedals too much, I will probably start trying to build speed. My goal is to get to 17mph by the end of the summer.

HP, where do you think you'll be on distance and speed by June?

J you are me hero. There will be no showing up there. And besides if Amy comes we can kick her down and steal the Madone!

I don't want to ride alone either! I am going to work toward the 62 then. If that's what you all are doing, then so will I! I average 14-16mph usually, but that was last year. Hopefully I am there soon and I won't have to worry about keeping up!

Um, J...how are you gonna drive it all in one day? It's like several hours away right? I was thinking I'd head up Friday night and then just be there for the am register.

BG- are you staying in Lansing, or at home? Do you have any suggestions for a hotel/motel nearby the ride?

J- with all the training you've done, I'm sure your speed will pick up now that you feel more confident with your pedals!

Hey, is this ride hilly or flat? You know I live in the land of no-hills, so if there are hills, I'll likely die. Just so you are all prepared.

~C

I have a Durango, and I bought Rocky Mounts. They are an awesome company out of Boulder, Colorado. They are very reasonable in price. The only downside is that it sits on top of the vehicle. It's fine for my husband, but I'm a little short for it. I have to open the door and step in to maneuver, but it's nice.

The other option is one that connects to your hitch (if you have that package on your SUV). I don't have one, but my husband has one for his truck. That kind hangs off the back end and is super easy to get your bike on and off!

Hope that helps,

~C

I am jsut going to drive there. I am not sure about hotels in Lansing but there are a billion near my house since it is right by DTW. You can probably look them up online. I amsure there is a holiday inn or something.

Ok, I can finally take part in this thread again as the weather finally has cooperated. Sunday, I rode my bike around town 16 miles, taking trails, roads, sidewalks. Had alot of fun, even the 1 mile up hill battle I had midway through. Last night, I had to ump for adult softball, so I figured why waste the gas? I hopped back on the bike and road the 3.5 miles to and from the fields.

Lot of fun, but my ass is sore. Gotta look into buying bike shorts.:rolleyes:

C,

I'm going to drive to Battle Creek on Friday, to the girlfriend's house. We will then get up at 6 or whenever and drive to Lansing, which is about 1.5 hours.

member_symbol.gif6/7/08 Saturday

100,000 METRE T-SHIRT RIDE

Start: Laingsburg - Laingsburg HS

Distance: 17, 34, 62

Fee: $15; After 6/7 $20; DOE

All routes 25K (17 miles), 50K (34 miles), & 100K (62 miles) use rural Shiawassee County roads. Terrain is flat to rolling. With this exercise comes lots of great food. All rest stops serve assorted fruits, beverages, & Cookies. All riders are served lunch at the high school.

Tri-County Bicycle Association - Debra Holdcraft

(517) 882-3700 ext. 3 | tshirt@biketcba.org

www.biketcba.org

So it looks like 34 miles, not 25. I don't know if Traci is more for that or the 64.

Also, Amy, Stacy's friend won't be able to do 64, so she'll hang with you...or come on chica, get that 64 in. You've got four weeks.

Do 30 this week, 40 next, 50 after that and you'll be ready!!!!

I'm registering soon. I actually want to make sure I get a t-shirt.

Ceradad,

Good job on the cycling!

Why drive when you can ride? Bike shorts are wonderful.

SBG,

Yeah, a hitch get up is going to cost you about $400. But if you get a rack that goes on the back of your vehicle for less than $100. I want to upgrade mine to a "bones" brand, but what I have is working fine now.

Happy Cycling my people...happy cycling.

Yeah, the t-shirt is the most important part!! LOL I love getting the shirt! It's proof, ya know? My DH is thinking about coming too. I didn't think he'd want to, but he might. I'll for sure do the 34. I'm gonna get busy on working toward the 62! Sheesh. So little time, such big aspirations.

~C