Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

ok this probably don't compare to the rest of you all but today was my first day back on the bike since surgery. Day 10 post op and we rode 3 miles. Needless to say I am exhausted but kinda ready to go again. It's just too pretty to stay in this house!! I'm raring to see the scales move more!!!

I did not go. I feel a little better right after I take some meds but they wear off after an hour or so and then I have 5 more hours to wait. I am miserable. This is hands down the worst I have ever felt. Give me bronchitis. Give me a broken arm. Give me an abcessed tooth. Because at least with all of those things I can eat. I can't even do the one thing that makes me happier when I feel crappy. I don't care how unhealthy it is, I just want something to feel better. It hurts to eat ice cream. It makes me cry and crying makes my throat hurt more. I want a shot of novacaine right in the throat.

WOW that is AWESOME!! I'll be there someday!!

What's wrong? Do you have strep throat?

Edit: I just read backwards... I see that it probably is strep throat. Oh I know how you feel. It is TERRIBLE!!!!! I had my first battle with it a couple of years ago and man do you feel awful with that mess! Take it easy! I had a couple of relaps from it bc when I finally felt better, I started back with life too soon. Hope you feel better SOON!

Edited by Savedbygrace

Wendy,

HI!

Getting out and riding is all that matters to this group. We are competing with each other. A mile or 10, a mountain bike or hybrid....it's just getting on a bike and riding that matters.

I like Babygirl too started with very few miles, maybe three, and that's me being generous, but I can go for hours and miles at a time now.

Come here and join in for all the cycling encouragement you can stand!

I'm eating an 8 year old's nightmare for dinner.

Harvard Beets and overcooked broccoli...nothing else, just not feeling it.

BG,

You poor dear.

I rode all of a mile and a half today with DD. We stopped oh, 15 times to smell flowers, petty the neighborhood cat, etc. It was a chore. But I did clip in and out of my spds a few times. They are easier than egg beaters and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise! I'm happy for the change. And riding on the platform side while tailing the kiddo was sweet because I could just put my feet/foot down with out worry.

I'm happy I switched.

Peace out.

Yeah!!!!!!!!! I am so happy your new pedals are working out.

I managed to get some Soup down. A bit painful but at least I have some food in me.

TX I hope your ride has gone well!!!

I feel so darn lazy which is killing me too. It was a beautiful day nad I am all shacked up here catching up on my tivo. And trying not to talk so I can help the throat rest. That is almost as bad as the not eating part. But at least I will be well rested for work tomorrow.

hey J

What kind of pedals did you switch to???

Are they Shimanos???

And about the comment of friday...I misread the article and thought you had a ride this weekend....I am sorry???

We had a interesting ride this weekend

The wind was AWFUL!!!!! We did the 31.5 mile ride, and it was a chore to hit 8 miles and hour on some of the ride just due to the bad wind. They say it was blowing around20-30mph...and believe me...it was BAD!

My 14 year old was so ready to stop...but she didnt and we are very proud of her......

The event was not well run at all.. We paid 25 bucks per person, and there was NO SAG SUPPORT along the routes at all......of course we could call his cell if we needed anything...but still. Then one of the roads was at least 1.5 miles of wet gravel, huge gravel in places...needless to say, us and other more experienced bikers were walking at this point.

No sense blowing a tire or hurting yourself.

We were tired, but thrilled to of completed it....(I would love to of stopped, but......I didn't)

Today we got on again and rode a little under 10 miles before we left the campground for our drive home.

Nice to see the new gal Wendy on here.....please....read back to this time last year....we ALL started where you are...soon you will crave your bike.....it is habit forming.....

BG...I hope you feel better soon:(

TX hope your ride was good this weekend....

and hello to all!

hey J

Nice to see the new gal Wendy on here.....please....read back to this time last year....we ALL started where you are...soon you will crave your bike.....it is habit forming.....

quote]

Thanks for the welcome!!

We went out and rode 2 more miles after posting.. total of 5 today. First day ... not too bad.. several breaks in there though lol. We really enjoy it... just wished we didn't live in such a busy area. I feel like we are on a video game dodging vehicles lol.

HP

Good job on the ride in the wind. That's something! My co-worker told me he was out riding in it yesterday and went to grab something out of his back pocket only to be blown into a ditch!

I'd believe it. When BG and I rode a few weeks back the wind was so bad I was afraid to let go of my handle bars to wipe my nose. My snot just had to go where the wind took it. 'Member that BG?

Wendy we go by initals here. Whosyerdaddy was W, but most folks call him Whos or Daddy. W never stuck. Do you want it or would you like SBG, for SavedByGrace?

Let us know.

Hi Wendy, welcome!

BG: Geez, I feel bad for ya. I know it hurts, but the very best thing you can do is fluids! Dry throat=more pain. Do your best sweetie!

I hope you feel better!

J: I am SO glad you like the new pedals. They ARE easier. The platform is great for rides like today with your DD, huh? YAY!!! Are you sick too? Why might TOSRV have to wait?

HP: Good job on the ride! That's awesome your daughter is getting into it too!

I rode a tiny bit today. Just in the neighborhood, nothing fancy. I did just fine and really felt that I could have gone much longer. I didn't want to push it, so I hung it up early. I got a little peace of mind out of it though. I know now that I can push a little further next time.

~C

BG - Sorry to hear about the strep throat - no fun at all... Rest up, get plenty of fluids & get better soon.

C & J - Looks like I might be back in the market for pedals. Wish I would have pulled the Shimano platform/clipless off of the Trek before I traded it in on buttercup.

SBG - Welcome!

HP - Riding in high wind sucks... Why is it that riding into the wind is hard work, riding across the wind takes great concentration, but riding with the wind doesn't really seem to help that much? Enquiring minds want to know...

TX - Hope the second day of the MS150 went well for you. Let us know!

B

TOSRV might have to wait because apparently I'm trying to talk myself out of it in every possible way....

No, I'm sick. Throat hurts, coughing like mad, snotty. In general a raunchy cold. Ick!

C-Glad you got out for a few minutes.

HP- They are wellgo manufactured pedals. Not Shimano, but woot woot, they are good.

B- Happy to see you here more often.

SBG-As you can see we are quite a chatty group. We get a little crass at times, don't let it bother you.

ZZ Where are you girl???

TX We want pics!

BG I hope to God you are sleeping now. I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

Night ya'll.