Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

i kept checking in from work today but no one had been on or commented, so I didnt either..????

Sorry everyone

It is chilly here this evening.....

Hey has anyone changed out there seat post??? My seat is ok, but it does not allow for me to angle the seat up or down. It is starting to really hurt me! Any suggestions on the type to get???

Yeah, where is everyone???? It's been so slow around here lately. I was convinced it was because of the nice weather, but this whole weekend was cold. It's cold now, Brrrrrr!

HP: You could try a carbon Fiber seat post. It is more comfortable as it absorbs the shock better. Carbon fiber is always a bit pricey, but usually worth it. If you are keeping your seat, then take it off and take it with you to shop. You must have the correct clamp on the seat post so that you can adjust it the way you want. They have to match or you won't have the different angles you're looking for.

~C

~C

thanks Turler......:coolgleamA:

Ok...a gripe session here.....I have been riding more, climbing hilss, etc....and instead of losing weight I have gained. I am up 5 lbs....what the heck?????

Yes and YES! However, I bought a bicycle and hadn't ridden in years, so I found that I can't go very far at a time. I'm having to build my leg muscles up to it. Keep up the good work!!!

hello BG!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome deepinfl.....

deepinfl,

Hi! Welcome!

Yes cycling or any exercise needs to have a slow start so you don't hurt yourself or get discouraged.

Please tell us about yourself!

Juli aka J

Welcome deepinfl!!!

HP: You are probably building muscle, which weighs more than fat...but in turn will help you burn that fat later!! Don't worry!

~C

J: You are gonna be a fat burnin' machine!!! With all the riding you're doing...WOW! It'll be like one day, you'll wake up and BAM the weight will staring melting off again. You are doing a good thing. Put your scale away.

XO

~C

the scale is defiantly an enemy of mine right now. I dont care I guess....but I have these goals that I want to get to by my 1 year mark....32 days....YIKES!!!!

But this weekends ride coming up and hopefully a ride in tonight.....

It will come off......I hope.....

J.....good luck this weekend.....I am so excited for you.

Hola chicas!

I went to the band doc today for an unfill. I'm now back at 2cc. Amazingly, I was down 1 pound from last visit at end of Dec. The PA said it's not uncommon to stop losing, or even gain when too tight - soft, slushy, sugary things go down quite easily. Hopefully, this will resolve my "stuck" issues and help me get back on track with the losing. I might even ride the bike (in the trainer stand) in the morning - won't push it too hard until after I get cleared by the cardiologist on an exercise stress test.

It's kind of nice having an unexpected week of no travel. Took yesterday and today off sick - will have to do some work tomorrow, but I should be able to take it easy the rest of the week.

B

Updated the sig & ticker - I feel like I'm in Planes, Trains, & Automobiles "You're going the wrong way!"

J - Just doing my part to keep is in the top 3...

B

B - congrats on the 1 pound loss! And I know hwat you mean about the sugary crap going down well. Haha. Sounds like you are doing better. When is the stress test?

Not sure - still waiting on the orders to be sent. Seriously, it's not that difficult. Oh well, maybe they are confused by all the barking :blushing:...

B