Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Well, I was so excited....I got on the scale and I am now dropped down into the 70's now.....Ok only by 1 lb, but YES!!!!!

I had bought a pair of size 22 capris about 3 weeks ago, and they fit, but didnt snap.....

TODAY, I AM WEARING THEM TO WORK, AND THEY HAVE EXTRA ROOM!!!!!!!

GO ME, GO ME!!!!!

On a slightly sad note, my Pom lost another pup last evening. She has 2 that are doing well, but this week will tell with them both.

Just wanted to share my excitement

Traci

Traci-

That's wonderful that you're in a new decade...at least that's what I call a new group of tens.

WOOT WOOT.

You now have less than 100 pounds to lose! That's amazing!

sorry to hear about your pup's pup. :eek:

me too, but they were to early...so nothing suprised me

Thanks!! I am way excited...

Where is D at today???

It's early, she's recovering from camping...I think she might live in mountain time too..D tell us what is your time zone?

LOL!!! Here I am, and yes, recovering is right!!! I am in Mountain time. So, I got up about half hour ago, but feel great today. BOY, was I a grouch without my exercise this weekend. The little snobby friend was just about to get dunked in the water!!! She sat in the boat the whole time and wouldn't go tubing with my DD. It was just annoying. Tubing time is when DH and I get to catch up on all the dirty talk we have missed out on in your lifetime of starting out our relationship with a 4 year old already, so this put a damper on the situation. It wasn't so much that she didn't want to tube as much as it was she didn't want to do anything but sit in the trailer where it is nice and clean and not do anything. On Sunday we were out fishing about noon, and she asks my DD when we were going home. DD tells her she doesn't know, why? The friend says, I need to get home, I have things to do, SHE IS 12 FOR GODS SAKE!!! WHAT in the hell does she have to do???? I said, well, you can call your parents, but we are fishing now. So, she calls her dad and BEGS for him to come and get her, BEGS AND PLEADS, and I hear her say, they want to fish and I don't want to. Then I hear her say, it is tooooo hot dad!!! Please come and get me.....then PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, THIS went on and on and on and on....finally I am like, lets just go hunny. We pull the boat out of the Water and are getting everything ready to go and she asks my DD for the trailer keys so she can get her clothes because her dad is coming!!! WTF???????????????????????????????????????? We just pulled the freakin boat out of the water, loaded up all the shit, and NOW SHE TELLS US HER DAD IS COMING????? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhussssssssssss, I was livid!!!!!!!! Her dad was a little pissed when he got there and we were hooked up and ready to go home. I bet he was wondering why she couldn't of just rode home with us since we were already hooked up and ready. I was too mad to even talk to her or him at that point. I know she is only 12, but use some common sense here.

So, now that THAT drama is over, we got home and got everything cleaned up and put away and I couldn't even type last night, I tried four times to type a message and kept hitting some freakin button that would erase it all, so I just went to bed. I fell asleep without my CPap machine on, and was fine. Although I did wake up an hour later, but I did not wake up choking, I just woke up, but I put it on then. I can't wait to get rid of that stupid stupid machine!!!!

HP, wooooo freakin hhooooooooo about being in the 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the BEST feeling when you go down to the next decade!!! I love it!!! I am teetering on the 230's and can't wait!!!! I tried my wedding dress on the other day and it almost fit. I am thinking I was about 220 when I got married, so I can't wait until it fits. I don't know what DH will think of me, since he has never known me skinny. Well, I think I was about 180 when we met, but I really can't remember. I do know I was wearing 18/20 clothes when we met.

J, You look sooooo cute on your bike!! and don't downplay the up front situation. UP FRONT IS UP FRONT no matter how or why you are there!!!!! LOL...

I think the LBS guy has talked me into putting skinnier smoother tires on my bike and a different seat instead of getting a new bike. We really don't have any flat roads around here, and he really thinks that I would do better with the skinnier tires, not as skinny as a road bike, but way skinnier than what my hybrid has now, and a smaller seat would be better. He is the owner of the shop, and that is pretty good if he is not trying to sell me a new bike. Anyways, I am going to go ride a road bike, I haven't even put my ass on one yet, and see what I think about it before I decide for sure. He told me to come ride one for an hour or so and see what I thought. He said the wide seat is good if you are cruising around a few miles, but not if you are putting on some serious miles, you need a smaller seat!!!! So, that is my problem, why my ass hurts so bad after a long ride I can barely walk. So I am getting a new seat. I am also getting the shoes and clips....getting used to it is going to be the tricky part.

Hi everyone, a quick update, hard to think right now.

The only time I closed my eyes last night was to blink. I woke up about 6 o' clock Sunday morning, drove 100 + miles to Venice, picked up my cool new Nitrox capable dive computer, drove back home and I am still awake!! Thank God I can still hit it pretty hard at work in a half comatose state.

I know there is some anxiety and extreme hunger (2 weeks liquids) WITH NO @#@#$ $$%%%^ RESTRICTION, but wow 30 hours no sleep. I need to solve this.

JC

Deanna

Holding your tongue was probably the nicest thing you could have done. I would have wanted to smack the lip gloss off her lips!

Now DD knows not to drag that brat along, huh?

You know the bike dude might have a good idea about the skinnier tires. I have 25's which are about the fattest road tires. I don't know what he'd give you, but it's worth considering.

I can say, if you do anything bumpy, you feel every pebble on the road bike. That's cool he's willing to let you test ride one for a good hour.

I took my DD out on my old bike with her tag along last night. I NEVER want to ride that bike again...but I don't want to stick her tag along on my lovely new bike! She's going to have to get her own damn bike! But at one point she put her head down on the handle bars and was like, "I'm sooooooooooooo tired!" I thought, I'm pulling your ass! But I can see her on her own bike just hopping off in the middle of the path and causing people to pile up!

Missed you D.

Juli, I may need a woman, but I don't think a woman needs me right now. Unless of course I can find one that thrives on being around a basket case. Maybe it's the Full Moon.

JC

AWEEEEEEEE, you guys are sooooo sweet. I really didnt think anyone would miss me. I thought you would be GLAD I was gone!!!

Oh, and I wanted to smack the lipgloss off of her, but she has braces and I didn't want to be responsible for breaking her lips open..LMAO!!!! Needless to say, bratzy, is NEVER going anywhere with us again!!!!

Back to today, DD's bday is a week from tomorrow!!! 13!!!! EEEKKKK!! God how I wish she were five again!!! Not really, but please, she is going to give me a heart attack. Too cute for her own good. AND BLONDE!!!! Oh boy, am I in trouble. I am going biking tonight, 20 miles or more...going to go get the skinnier tires and seat...so, hopefully we will like it!!! J, that is what the LBS guy said, that a road bike you feel EVERY jolt, rock, hole...EVERYTHING!!! SO, I just might have changed my mind about the road bike. We will see though!!

JC, so glad that you are up and back to work. Two weeks is nothing!! You can do it. Just think about how much money you have invested and you don't want to mess that up. We are rooting for ya!!!! I am not really sure there is a woman out there that could keep up with you!!! Good luck in finding her!!!! You are an animal, if you go like this all the time I would hate to see what happens when you are 80!!!!! You will be the first known 80 year old to bungey jump, then do it again, then again!!!! You rock, and I love that you have soooo much energy!!!

HP, sorry about your pups. That is sad. I am happy about your riding though...that is great!!!! I am taking pictures soon!!!!!! I mean it!!! LOL....

JC, ...I am not really sure there is a woman out there that could keep up with you!!! Good luck in finding her!!!! You are an animal, if you go like this all the time I would hate to see what happens when you....quote]

I just want you to know that my mind is utterly and completely in the gutter. Deanna, you can see how I snipped your message and I really didn't think you were going to talk about JC being active at 80. LOL!!!!!!!!!

HA!

I know what you're saying D, I may need three women!

BTW in case you didn't know J has a crush on me ;-) lol

JC