Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

HP,

I don't have many excuses for not going to the gym. We have a new, fancy fitness center that is chuck full of equipment...and it is so close my office shares a wall with it! I can go during my lunch time and right now, during the summer, I can extend my lunch time to more than an hour and hit it hard. Also, no one sees me much so I can work the rest of the day sweaty....I typically don't even change out of my workout clothing.

As I type that I'm kicking my own ass. Also, since I've not strength trained the last two weeks I'm noticing my back hurts a bit with all the sitting and biking I do...so I know I just got to do it.

Deanna will have Baby Girl, you and JC while I am away. But if I can I'll pop on line, well maybe. I'm going to the beach, biking and reading fiction! We are joking that we're goint to eat a lobster a day. That works with my goals...I don't eat it with butter.

JC is just slacking, I mean recovering from having his tummy twisted. Talk about irritable bowel syndrome. Ha ha. Dude I hope you're just chilling.

HP, I hope the puppies are all right. I have been sitting on my butt all weekend try to get fluids in my system and plan some kind of massive workout. I did manage to mow some of the yard yesterday.

Oh and of course razz J :-)

JC

JC

I'm not afraid of you or your razzing. Bring it on.

I'm off to do shopping with a 5 year old. Wish me luck. I need to find that special zen place where everthing is interesting and conversation flits from point A to point D with an occational begging for something...

i finally got a bike yesterday. I got a Giant Revive DX. Giant is the manufacturer--not the size!! i wanted a recumbent but was afraid i would not be able to balance. so the Revive is a compromise. it has a back which acts as a lumbar support.

it took it for a spin last night. i hadnt been on a bike for 30 years, so i was a bit wobbly. and i have a hard time with curves and corners, but i will improve. i only wiped out once yesterday, but i did not get hurt.

last week my BF and i rented recumbent trikes down in Loveland OH, and that made me determined to get a bike.

there are so many paths right near me that it would be a shame not to use them.

Debbie

surgery date 7/13/07

300.5/268.5/175

debbie,

welcome aboard.

We are all enjoying our bikes and we all have different kinds of bikes that we ride, from hybrids, to road to the kind JC has.

Please feel free to jump in anytime ...

Best of luck....and WAY TO GO ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS.

Went and looked at your bike you just go...wow that is pretty cool.

I bet it is real comfy...we rode another 11.4 miles today, my butt is payin the price

Hi Debbie,

I'm in Columbus! Are you close to the Little Miami Bike Trail? I know it goes all over the place in SW Ohio. I'm really guessing where loveland is...I guess I could look it up! Ha

You've gone the most important thing, which is actually getting on the bike. Congratulations!

Are you just two weeks out from surgery?! Take it easy on the wipe outs, you don't need to go showing off already. (We tease on this thread too.) Sounds like all is well. Welcome and pose any question you'd like, it doesn't even need to be bike related.

Nice to meet 'cha!

Good evening everyone!!!! So glad to get back on and see everyone still here!!! First and fore most, we took my daughters friend with us camping. Need I say more? It was theWORST

D

Isnt It Just A Blast To Take Others Around With Us??? No It Isnt....

I Am Glad You Are Back We Have Missed You On Here

Hi Debbie,

I'm in Columbus! Are you close to the Little Miami Bike Trail? I know it goes all over the place in SW Ohio. I'm really guessing where loveland is...I guess I could look it up! Ha

You've gone the most important thing, which is actually getting on the bike. Congratulations!

Are you just two weeks out from surgery?! Take it easy on the wipe outs, you don't need to go showing off already. (We tease on this thread too.) Sounds like all is well. Welcome and pose any question you'd like, it doesn't even need to be bike related.

Nice to meet 'cha!

oops, i read my post and i put down the wrong surgery date. it was really 6/13/07!!!!

actually i live in columbus, ohio too. i ride the trail from easton soccer fields that goes all the way to schrock road (so i am told) i havent actually made it that far.

Loveland is down near cincinnati and it was the the Little Miami Trail we were on last week. it is like Bike Central down there!!! i have never seen so many bikes in one town! and the trail is great!!! all tree covered and runs along the river. The brochure says it is 72 miles long.

eventually it will be part of the ohio to erie trail which will connect cincinnati--columbus--cleveland.

I hope it is finished in my lifetime. i would love to do the whole thing. i always wanted to hike the appalachian trail, but this might be more practical.

HOLY CRAP,

Do you scuba dive too?

You are one insane fella.

Boys and their toys......

New toy alert........

Google Image Result for http://www.scubadiving.com/upload/images/ss/200212GR_30_dataplus.jpg

Oceanic Data Plus, Nitrox capable Dive Computer!!!!

Oh Yes it is SHARK WEEK on the Discovery Channel and I know where the Razor Missles Live!!!!

JC

Well...so many questions!!

Where did you have your surgery? I was done at OSU.

I've not ridden up by Easton, I've never had reason too, yet. Though I will, I'm sure. I'm just getting a little further afield than my own trail, which is the Olentangy bike path. I can catch it at the end of my street. But I do a Hilliard ride on Tuesdays and this past Saturday I did the famous, "Dutch Country Kitchen" ride in Plain City.

Everybody- That's where upwards of 100 cyclists hit there every Saturday for Breakfast. It's very flat road riding and you can get belly buster breakfasts. I of course order two eggs and toast.-It is legendary. So much so they sell bicycling jerseys and many folks where them Sat. mornings.

There's a great group of cyclist in Columbus with Columbus Outdoor Pursuits. You can find their info on line or at any local bike shop.

Okay, can you tell I love biking? I've probably scared you off. But WOO HOO a local, who bikes! I'm so excited.

oops, i read my post and i put down the wrong surgery date. it was really 6/13/07!!!!

actually i live in columbus, ohio too. i ride the trail from easton soccer fields that goes all the way to schrock road (so i am told) i havent actually made it that far.

Loveland is down near cincinnati and it was the the Little Miami Trail we were on last week. it is like Bike Central down there!!! i have never seen so many bikes in one town! and the trail is great!!! all tree covered and runs along the river. The brochure says it is 72 miles long.

eventually it will be part of the ohio to erie trail which will connect cincinnati--columbus--cleveland.

I hope it is finished in my lifetime. i would love to do the whole thing. i always wanted to hike the appalachian trail, but this might be more practical.