Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

HP, I am feeling well thank you, in fact I feel as if nothing happened. I tried to take it easy for at least 3 or 4 minutes this morning. Then I couldn't take it any more so I went outside and mowed the yard. Not very physical since it is a riding lawmower but at least I felt like I was doing something. It got very hot and I got a little dizzy when I stood up off the mower so I decided to go inside and play on the computer.

JC

WAY TO GO JULI!!! Those are good numbers and that is so cool that people are commenting on your abilities. There is nothing better than positive feedback and you deserve it!

I have to warn you though, you better get those numbers way up there because as soon as I have a green light I am going to hit the trails with extreme prejudice!! LOL

I did schedule follow-up appointment. I will know something August 10th. That seems like a year away.

JC

Hey Julie....Great job today on your ride.......I am very jealous....

JC glad you are feeling better....and made an appointment....

I rode 19.78 miles today!!!!! We went to the route that the ride is on next Sunday, and it was a lot of hills to get started out, up and down.....I walked 2 of them(and ONE WAS A SMALL ONE!!!!)

Than, I guess i shifted in the wrong gear under stress and my chain fell off.....I got it back on, but than my feet which was wet from the grass, slid off my peddles as I was going down a BIG hill. My husband was No Where in sight, and by the time I had made it to the bottom of the hill and saw him, I was almost having a panic attack. Never had one before, but I could not quit crying an was having a hard time catching my breath...It was awful.

I know it was just the fact that I

1. Scared about being stranded and him not around

2. Had ridden already farther than before, and had made it

3. And I dont knowwhat else....

We got to the half way mark at a school and busy intersection, and rested.

But....we made it all the way back where we had started, and I am not dead.

We were on the bike for 2hrs 6 min. We were gone for 3 hours though...factoring in the stops, and me being a baby...

I was averaging 12 miles an hour , but than it dropped to 10.3

I have NEVER RIDDEN THIS FAR IN ONE RIDE.........

MY BUTT IS KILLIN ME EVEN WITH A GELL SEAT...WHAT THE HECK....

OH WELL, THANKS FOR LISTENING TO ME RAMBLE

HP

That is phanominal! You have every reason to be proud!

Don't worry about being a baby, I'm so glad you did the ride so you won't have surprises next week. You'll be fine, fine, fine for that ride.

Aren't goals amazing?! If we set them we really do try to achieve them. I'm so stoked for you!

Now about feet slippin...think about toe clips. Some people like them. I do but took them off of my bike because I was having pressure point problems...my feet were falling asleep. Come to find out it was my seat and I've not yet put the toe clips back on. Part of me is holding out to get a shoe and peddal system...but I digress.

The other think is to get a computer gadget for your bike that measures distance and speed. Mine was about $30 and I install it myself. I'm no handy person either. That way you'll have a real measure of time and distance so you can gage your performance.

Okay, to DD to the pool this afternoon for a few hours too. I don't recognize myself and all this engery. Really.

Hey Julie love the picture........and you are leading the pack...way to go....

About the toe clips.....can you use them on a hybrid bike????

I do have a computer on my bike...we bought it when we bought my first bike and moved it to the new one.

I was doing real well at first and my average was up more than what it was when I ended, but the President of the bike club in the town, agreed there are allot of rolling hills and some rather large ones....which I believe is a huge understatement...

I havent done anything all night...I have been pooped.

Anyway,

Hope you have fun at the pool...

OH and BTW....my pomeranian had babies tonight...3 weeks early. She lost 2, and the other 2 are extremly small.

Juli

HEY YOU ARE PAST YOUR EXERCISE GOAL FOR THIS MONTH....WOHOOOOO!!!!!!

HP

Sorry to hear about your dog's troubles. That makes me sad. ;)

I want to take the props for being out in front but the group started with 14 people and at one point more than half decided to do 40, the others to do 25-ish. I was in the lower number group, and there were only 6 of us. But Breakfast took longer than I expected and I had to get home to the sitter...or I would have done 40!!

But...for the picture, I knew she was going to take a snap shot so I got up front to have less of my ass in the pic...or is that to have my ass take up less of the picture. At any rate, I'm a good cyclist, but these chicas can do circles around me.

HP, You can put toe clips on any style of bike.

HP

WE ARE BOTH PAST OUR GOALS!!!!!!!!!

Now if you could just get my ass to go to the gym and strength train, I'd appreciate it.

J, your funny it's a very nice pic. Stop beating yourself up..... Unless you're into that kind of stuff !???! lol

JC

OH JULI These toe clips when riding do you pull up with foot in pedials besides pushing down? I was reading comparison from running to biking and one article said riding 10 miles on a bike is like running 4 or 5 miles. I know they said biking was easier in the body compared to running. I have not received my bikes yet tracking it ups, it said Tuesday, then have to assemble some of it. Anyways what's a good start on this bike 5,7, miles at the beginning. I run/walk approx 4 miles everyday when poosible. Got another fill AUG 7, I went to homemade ice,bbq, ect wow i did over eat but did not PB, feel guitly going for my run/walk to burn off that ice cream banana, strwberry, lemon, one scoop each. then to work.

Yep toe clips allow you to pull up and push down while riding.

I'm thinking I need to get a fill too, instead of doing this fill less, truely it's been 2 and a half weeks since I've lost a pound and it has everything to do with the number of calories I can eat.

I hope during vacation I don't eat crazy. This week, before we go I'm going to try to keep my food low and work out like JC. I say that but it's finals week for school. I also have a little scrapbook I've got to get done before vacation too.

I like to keep busy but this is a little much. ;)

please dont tell me you are going to be away from your computer on vacation!!!! D is going to have a B fit!!!!!!!!!!!

I will look into the toe clips.....??

My pom ended up with 3 pups that lived through the night...we will see how they do....if they make it past a week, we are good......

Yes we are past our goals, and I am setting mine for August higher than July's....

I defiantly need to do some gym activity too....but, dont have the money right now, and am really pushed for time as it it....maybe soon.

JC what have you been doing this weekend other than razzin J?????