Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

thanks!!! I am very very happy!!!! Never thought exercise would be so rewarding

As far as the picture....save it to your documents on your pictures......(on your computer)

Than go to advanced post here....than hit browse.....

It will give you your choice on where to get the photo from...than upload...and hit submit....

I hope this helps

HP - Looks like it was glorious for you! And you look FANTASTIC, chica! Get that helmet on next time! LOL Love the new bike!

J - Yes, so much to learn...I love it. You do have a lot on your plate right now, for sure. Check the site out as you have time...it is awesome! Also, I forgot to mention that you can order a fueling "manual" for free from that site. Basically, it is a very fancy sales ad for their products, but it gives all the background/research behind all of those products. And this company is the "Gold Standard" for fueling. That is not to say they are the only good thing out there...just that they are highly regarded to that degree. (The manual would be a good place for you to start, C!)

ZZ - So sorry to hear about your plight today! That really sucks. Like was said, I'm glad you can see the humor in it. Glad you get your bike back for cheap tomorrow. Do you know what was wrong with your car, though?

Dang man you all get talking while I am gone lol.

ZZ, Yeah I hear about it sometimes but I just ignore it. People get used to it and eventually stop bugging you if you stop responding to them.

J I did not get out ofr a ride yesterday. I did take my parents dog for a walk and go to spin class. It is supposed to be 50 and rainy this morning so it should be dry tomorrow to ride. Tonight the kid has dance class and I have to walk the smelly dog so I don't think I will have time for a ride.

HP, congrat on the fall. I htink falls are hilarious after the fact. Like the one time I crashed ODB and flipped over the handlebars teehee. Hilarious.

post-228266-13813137197973_thumb.jpg

Thanks HP! I forgot about this - I did it once before on accident. Lol. This is the best pic I have of my bike now, it was taken as my dad was putting the seat back on it last Saturday, and that is one of my nieces in the background. It was taken on my phone camera, so its crappy quality. Maybe once I get t back tonight with new water bottle and holder and gears that work I'll take REAL pics. Lol.

I kept having dreams last night that the guy at the LBS put mountain bike tires on my bike insisting that I needed wider tires cause I was a larger person. Haha. Self conscious much?!? I think that comes into play becuase everyone I work with and some friends seem to think that the wider knobby tires are more stable... wtf.

Stef (or TX, whatever!) - I DO think I know what is wrong with my car. Lol. If ya'll promise NOT to yell at me I'll tell ya.. :drool::confused2::teeth_smile:

I never change my oil... and I remember that this time last year my car did this SAME thing and my roomie was like "check your oil" And I was like "whatev... oil has nothing to do with it..." And sure enough I had like NO oil in the car. As soon as we put some in it then it drove FINE! I got the oil changed a week later - that was on March 23 last year. Haha.... and that was the last oil change I had done. Of course, the car was already towed before I thought of this, so I don't even have my key to try to fix it. I'm just going to call the shop bright and early and tell them to start there and not charge me for a diagnostic exam. Lol. We'll see. Damn... $45 to get towed... maybe someday I'll learn to check/change oil?!?!

OK all... a co-worker is coming to pick me up for work today... so I better get my ass in gear.

post-218832-1381313670287_thumb.jpg

Yes, yes I do. I called the shop and told them to check the oil first thing... and to change it, even if that isn't the problem. Lol. I'm a horrible car owner. I feel like the gas light comes on when I need gas, why doesn't the oil light come on when I need oil? Like, seriously, last year when my did this because I had no oil in it the light NEVER came on!! Isn't that it's JOB?!?!

ZZ

I think you are a car abuser.

And my change oil light comes on a 5000 miles, for which I'm pleased!

Yeah yeah... well it wasn't the oil afterall! Lol. Apparently my car is just an attention seeking whore. There was NOTHING wrong with her!! So I paid a $48 tow bill for nothing. Ugh!

Got my bike back too. Shifts gears now - but someone needs to help me! Haha. I asked the guy at the LBS to show me how to work them, and he laughed at me like I was making a joke - so I laughed too and figured that I'd just ask ya'll! When going uphill which direction do I point the gear-y thingies? I think uphill = up gear? I tried a few different things and couldn't tell much difference... of course, I'm appaarently a weakling and just can't bike up a hill. Lol.. Anyway, I did take my bike out to a walk/bike trail that has 2 miles of trails, I think I circled enough to be able to say I did a full 2 miles? Thats what I'm calling it anyway. My legs are tired as hell, and my ass hurts. I already have low back issues, so I can deal with that pain. I'm sooooo going to take some ibuprofen and lay in bed all evening.

I will say though, that tonight was MUCH more successful than Tuesday evening!!! By about 100%! I didn't even come CLOSE to wrecking or falling or anything, and I took some curves and such. I think I'm going to stick to this trail until I build up strength and don't feel DRAINED after it. Lol. I can't wait to be expert riders like ya;ll!! I'm so excited!!!

And I'm GOING to buy a gel seat - SOOOON!

Oh, ZZ I'm so glad you had a successful ride this evening! I'm proud of you! Keep playing with those gears to get the hang of it. Try moving them less rather than more to feel the effects. (I'm thinking you have the older style shifters that are levers? Is that right or no?) You will be a pro before you know it!

And the car thing...hmmm. Mixed blessing? I'm glad she's okay, but what the heck? She left you walking! Maybe just a one-time thing.

Yeah, I have the old lever type gears... and there is no telling when I've gone far enough on it to have made the change... It's weird.

ZZ: can you take another picture of your bike that shows the levers better? I'm going to call my LBS guy for you! PM me if want me to send the pic to my cell phone!

ZZ you want to use your easiest gears to go uphill. Test them on flat ground to see how they work. If they are numbered the lower numbers are the ones you want to use to go uphill.

I took Big Sexy out for a 4.5 mile spin this evening. Colder than balls outside but well worth it. I am going to be riding comfortable at 13 mph to start the season out. Not too shabby for a girl who could barely break 10 last year. I am amazed at what a smooth wonderful ride it was. Pretty much orgasmic. I am in love.

I'll try to get better pics of my bike tonight - I'm currently in the middle of making a vegetarian (though not vegan!) lasagna for work tomorrow. Lol.

post-225935-13813137199936_thumb.jpg

Close up of my shifter things.

post-225935-13813137200168_thumb.jpg

Whole bike, black furry thing in front would be my baby boy Toadie. (yes I have a cat named Toad!)

post-225935-13813137200362_thumb.jpg

My new TREK Water bottle. Haha. I didn't know what type of Water bottle I'd get when he put it in, but I like it!

post-218832-13813136704792_thumb.jpg

post-218832-13813136705113_thumb.jpg

post-218832-13813136705461_thumb.jpg