Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I called...

It's $35 a month for a year's contract. It's $70 a month non contract.

Do I want to sign up? Oh dear.......$70 is a chunk more...would I use it for a whole year?

They've got a week's trial too...I guess I'm going to try it for a week and see how it feels.

And you two are killing me with your childhood stories. You know I'm right between the two of you in age and though I'm in Ohio, we share the skating thing, the banana seat bike thing and the pop corn store as an industry (who'd a thought that would've lasted?) thing.

Too funny. There are two songs that will always be associated with skating - Brick House - I think every other song at the Hurst Skateland was Brick House, and Blondie's Heart of Glass. Can't hear either of them without being instantly placed at the skating rink. And you're right, who the hell knew that there was that much demand for popcorn stores? I remember when the Poppin' Place opened; my old man would bellow "who the hell would pay that much for some popcorn???" And I should mention that my dad was a Popcorn fiend. Well, the answer is, we did. With the cheese popcorn, and the chili popcorn, and the carmel corn and the honey corn, oh my... It's entirely possible that WE kept that place in business for the first few years...

I'm loving your hyjacked postings. Now if you start talking about having dated each other's friends or shared elementary teachers I'm going to die.

We compared those notes via PM a while back. We went to different schools, but we do know some of the same people.

B

For $50 I would go to Lifetime.

They are open 24-7, have better child care hours and is the damn biggest gym I have ever seen. I wish there was one closer to my house.

I'm looking to join a gym for January and February where I can take up spinning. There's one between home and work, but it's $50 a month. That's a hunk of change in this single mom's budget but I think it will be well spent.

Thinkin' out loud.

Hey J - If you mostly want spinning at the gym (you have other workout facilities at work), check out the LBS. Many of them around here have spinning studios, where you bring your bike and use the training stands in the studio. The place I bought my bent has spinning for $7 a class if you use their stands and $3 a class if you bring your own stand. They have different things on different nights - a beginners class, interval training, hill training, endurance, etc.

The cool thing about it is that you get used to spinning on your own bike, and you can use your shoes and pedals. And, it's cheap...

B

BG,

Lifetime fitnesses are ALL OVER the place around here, but not in the city proper, near the university, where I live and work. You need to migrate toward the 'burbs to get to them. I'm so not interested in that.

But there's spinning at noon everyday and I could hit that a few times a week during my lunch...

The idea of dragging my bike to a spinning class has potential, I heard that they happen at the LBS around town. I'll have to check into that.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hey, B! Did you pick up your yellow lollipops yesterday in Bedford?

One more final for me........yipppeeeeee and then not another word about school until Jan. 14th.....UGH...that is going to come fast.

My hamstrings are so achy.

Yesterday I met with Aron the trainer and I was talking about how I'm not happy with the routine mostly because I'm afraid my form is bad so I get anxious about it all...

So we worked on form. Deadlifts, I can do um I'm at 60 pounds. I can't wait to get to 100.

Renegade Rows, planked out, slow and not twisting, I'm on it!

I feel it all over my aching little body and that's wonderful. But what's more exciting is I'm happy to be doing the routine, not full of dread.

Now could someone please take the biscuits and gravy out of my hand?! I tell you I'm a junky working in a drug store working in this damn cafeteria. UGH!

J - Sorry to hear you're sore (and about the biscuits & gravy :) ). I'm glad though, that you're happy with your workout and that your trainer is helping you be more comfortable & confident with your workout routine!

B

One more final for me........yipppeeeeee and then not another word about school until Jan. 14th.....UGH...that is going to come fast.

That's great D! My semester isn't over 'til the 14th... UGH... Nothing like writing papers & preparing for finals over the Christmas break!

Enjoy your time off!

B

Hey, B! Did you pick up your yellow lollipops yesterday in Bedford?

Lollipop, Lollipop, Oh Lolly Lollipop...

I picked them up last night & ran by the folks house for a few hours. That's quite a store - I was expecting more of a hole in the wall. Dunno why. I love HEB! Dallas & suburbs are soo goddamned stuck up (I've been in 75xxx too long, that's why I thought it would be a hole-in-the-wall - I need to get back to my 76xxx roots!). I love that there is a pet store named "Pet-O-Rama" next door to the bike shop. In Dallas, we have "The Barkery" and "Canine Commissary" and crap like that.

Anyway - now I need to put them on, get the cleats on my shoes, and hit the road (hopefully not too literally).

B