Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Where is everyone tonight? Out on hot dates???? I will be married 14 years on Sunday..we don't have hot dates anymore....We have freakin hot bike rides now!!!!!

I had to quit riding with my next door neighbors...The ladies who was trying to get in shape---the boyfriend said I was trying to being slick--like a can of oil. Trying to steal his Woman with exercise no doubt...She wanted to get in shape--she says. She asked me...Lee where do you ride everyday when I see you coming back all sweated up? I guess when she asked me for a bottle of Water after a few rides--that was was the wrong question and I did thew wrong thing--by giving her a bottle of fresh bottled:cry water. Oh well--I just lost 2 biking partners. Herself and her cousin has boyfriends who says--they don't like me riding around on my bike with "their" Women.

I did speak of the Jealousy--but this past weekend I was terribly shocked. When I saw the ladies--I said--no more riding with you 2. Your boyfriends have given me the message. So if you ride--you have to do it on your own. NO more coaching...:lol:

Deanna after 9 years we don't have hot dates either....just really fun ones. We took the kids to the carnival and fireworks last night. Everyone in Southeastern Michigan may call my city Taylor-tucky but we sure do put on one of the best damn fireworks shows in the state. Personally I think they were much better than the donwtown Detroit ones. They kids had fun, I got in an argument with a carnie, and I ate some bad food but did not eat very much of it. My calories yesterday were still below 2000 and considering some of an elephant ear was part of my meal that's not too shabby.

Oh and it is a beautiful sunny day today. Which of course means no riding with my sensitive to light bright red eye. DAMMIT!!!! This antibiotic better start working soon. But at least I get to go see REO Speedwagon tonight lol.

hey guys

I learned last night that you can have a stomach virus with the band! I got DD's sickness.....oi vey.

At first I new I had to spew but it wasn't going to happen. Fast forward a few hours later, and BAM! It was miserable.

But funnily, DD calls out, "Momma are you throwing up?"

"Yes, baby."

"Well you're loud and you're waking me up!"

"Deal with it."

I sat on the floor and read her stories just two nights before. Where's her sympathy?!

Thought I'd share... Don't think I'm going to get on the bike for a few days.

oh no Juli, that sucks!!! Does it feel different throwing up than before banding? I wonder about this a lot!!! My fill RN told me that if I ever get sick, stomach virus, and I have a fill to call and get in to get an unfill. I am not sure if she was talking about forever or just the first few months!!! And I noticed your ticker...you are doing awesome...isn't that another 3 pounds????? Hey, I wanted to ask you about resting your muscles. Is it wise to have a day off here and there from the biking? I didn't know if biking was the same as weight training. I guess I will look it up, thought you might know.

BG, yah, we don't really have too many "dates" so to speak of....we are really too busy getting our bike riding in. DH loves it as much as I do. A good date night to me now is just laying on couch cuddling...its funny I was just talking to DH about this last night. I was mentioning that it seems like we are getting old because a few years ago, we were always going out and now we would rather stay home and snuggle...oh well, at least we still have it after 14 years!!!

Oh my, gotta grocery shop today...NOT looking forward to it...I hate to shop now that I am banded....didn't really mind it before but now I feel like it is a waste of my time...lol..imagine that....food a waste of time...love this band!

As far as it feeling different...what I noticed...is that pre band I would have thrown up sooner. Last night I got out of bed over the course of the night a few times thinking this is it...but nothing.

Finally at 3 or 4 am I jumped up and it flew out of my body. But it was everything. In the past it would take a few episodes to get to the bottom of my stomach.

Was that too graphic? I didn't go into the back end...there were issues there too....how pathetic am I?

And yeah, I saw 241 for a hot minute but I'm playing with a few pounds. Maybe last night's trouble will help me make 241 solid.

I think you need to rest one day a week regardless of what exercise you do. I don't have shit to back that up, but I notice I do better with a rest day and it keeps me from burning out.

JULI,

Sorry to hear you are sick, hopefully it will be a quick recovery for you.

I have decieded i need to condition myself if i am going to ride in the 21 mile ride on Aug. 5.....that is only 3 weeks from now!!!!

So, we found a good flat road, with a nice bike trail on the side and started there this morning.

I am averaging only 11.6 miles an hour, (which is up from 7.5 3 weeks ago) and we rode 10.25 miles. I got up to 17.6 miles which was the max...

I want to go further tommorow morning, but this was a good start for me to guage where i am and what I need to do.

Defianatly cant wait until my new Trek bike is done. He got it in and is building it, thought I would get it today???

Havent hear from him yet!!!

So, anyway...glad everyone is still doing ok...Juli take care of yourself.....

Yuck Juli, Hope you re feeling better.

Despite my bad eye we got out for a bike ride today. We also got the other bike fixed so DH could ride too. We did 15 miles. DH is much more tired than I lol.

Juli, hope you have a fast recovery.

Deanna, I think you should rest at least an hour a week. LOL

Hoosierpoms, I average approx 10 miles an hour sometimes 12.

BG, Congrats on the 15 miles.

JC

jc...wow, I feel good that I was able to do the ride today and kept the average up. We went again this evening but we went to an area at the state park on the bike trails, and they werent the best of trails, and was allot of up and down...my average stunk tonight.....but oh well.....

I found out my bike is done, so I will be getting it either Monday or Tuesday....I cant wait.

Well, take care everyone...I am off too bed.

Good Sunday Mornin' to all the cyclists!!!

I did end up taking a rest yesterday and absolutely no exercise at all. That kinda stunk, but we are going on a 20+ ride this morning at 7a.m. so I am excited about that.

I am so damn proud of all of you!!!!! You are all my inspiration and considering I don't know anyone around here that bikes, you are all my heros!!!!!!! Keep up the good work.

JC...thanks for the reply, I was thinking at LEAST an hour of rest would suffice, but then I thought maybe I was being wussy. LOL...

An hour of rest, you are insane! LOL

As for looking at average rates of speed, don't knock yourselves out. What you want to increase is time in the seat. The speed will come...that is if you are looking to cover long distances.

FYI, there are A, B, C, D riders.

D's are less than 10-11 mph. C's are 12-15, B's are 16-18, A's are 19-21+...getting into racing speeds.

Scooting out of the D range to the C range is a good goal. You'll stay in the C area for a while. After that push for the B range.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I feel 100% better today. Still not biking until tomorrow. I've not taken a full 3 days off from exercise since surgery. Feels kind of strange. But I'll be back to it tomorrow. Strength training at lunch time and 20 miles on the bike after work. Promise.

Juli

Thanks...still learning, and my husband told me my speed was fine, the distance is what I need to work on. But we ended up riding 10.25 yesterday morning, and another 6 last night. So.....I overslept this morning was planning on a morning ride, but I think my husband was POOPED, of course he would never admit it...LOL

Everyone have a great day...Deanna, hope you had a good ride this morning

hoosier, you are rockin' it!!!! Too bad we all don't live by each other so we could ride together....

Thanks, I had an awesome ride....now we are going to the lake to tube with the kids and nieces and nephews.....too bad someone else doesn't pay for some boat gas....I guess they all think we get the gas for the boat free!!!!! Too bad its not a peddle boat...LMAO....now THAT would be fun!!!!

Have a great day all and Juli, you are the biker hero so three days off will probably be a great change of pace for you....but we know you will be back on the seat tomorrow!!!!! Glad you are feeling better...

Ride safe everyone!!

50 miles today! I was riding with someone who has a 15 mph pace and hung with it for 44 miles then started struggling. Oh well I will have to work harder!

JC