Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I'm travelling for the next few weeks, so i'll just ride the recumbent trainers that are so popular in hotel fitness centers for now. When I get back, I'll head up to the LBS and try some other saddles - mine is a bontrager that has a depression in the affected area, but not a cut out. Also noticed that it seems to be worse with padded bike shorts than with unpadded shorts - i think it's the same thing as saddles - spreading out the pressure doesn't necessarily help - point pressure can be a little easier to deal with. Anyway - if we don't move, i'll probably just get a recumbent now - if we do, i won't be biking outside 'til spring anyway, so the recumbent trainer i have at the house will work.

B

B

I how do you deal with all the unknowns, like where you're going to be living????

That stresses me out beyond words.

I'm one of the "it will all work out" people. I don't have to know the details, just a general idea of where we're headed. Detours and throwing u-turns aren't a big deal, just enjoy the extra scenery along the way...

EXCEPT - when I'm in a "i have to know all of the details and contingencies before I start" mood, in which case, it's best to just get the hell out of my way :)

It is a pain right now, because I have several things that depend on which course of action we choose, and sometimes the dependencies seem circular. I have my resume out to a few places now. If none of those jobs work out, I'll probably stop looking until we sell the house (a big, circular dependency). We won't likely put the house up 'til spring, so it will be summer before we'd be looking to move again.

It stresses my wife out beyond words, which stresses me out to the point of heading to the jar of Jiff... Gained six pounds in two weeks. Went through the house & threw out all the crap that I could eat in small quantities, except that I end up eating them in big quantities...

B

Me, too! And hubby is retired Navy! It was HORRIBLE moving all the time for 15 years. My home is the center of my life, my familys' anchor.

I'm not moving again till the kids are out and I can retire to the lake! :clap2:

B - A little bipolar, are we? LOL

"Jar of Jiff" - HA! I'm that way with Planters Pistachio Lovers mix. Or really any deluxe mixed nuts. (Hate peanuts, love peanut butter...go figure.) I could graze all day on them and consume the whole container!

JC is having his butter churned by the Amish women folk.

If he doesn't watch the quantity of that, he's going to go blind!

Oh wait...that's self-churned butter...disregard.

Don't even get me started on the premium mixed nuts. I used to be able to go through an entire can of the Mauna Loa macadamia and cashews (they used to have pecans in them, not sure why they stopped). Mmmm le target is right up the road. Want mixed nuts...

Not bi-polar at all, just react differently when under stress. Normally, I'm about as laid back and accomodating as you can get & still have a pulse. Under stress, I make Atilla the Hun look like a laid back and accomodating kind of guy...

B

Don't even get me started on the premium mixed nuts. I used to be able to go through an entire can of the Mauna Loa macadamia and cashews (they used to have pecans in them, not sure why they stopped). Mmmm le target is right up the road. Want mixed nuts...

Not bi-polar at all, just react differently when under stress. Normally, I'm about as laid back and accomodating as you can get & still have a pulse. Under stress, I make Atilla the Hun look like a laid back and accomodating kind of guy...

B

The "bi-polar" was a joke, silly! Sorry...I guess my delivery sucked! :faint:

Yeah, I went to Le Target a couple days ago and got their Archer Farms Raisin Nut Blend...OMG...Heaven!

Nah, I got the joke... I could use a nice manic episode about now...

You're killing me with the archer farms nuts, though :) I'm trying to be good & sit back and enjoy my sugar free Suisse Mocha coffee-like beverage, but i want nuts dammit... I also have a hankering for Junior Mints, but I don't want to think about the nastiness that would be a junior mint PB.

While we're in Boston this weekend, I'm gonna stand out in front of the Junior Mint factory & inhale as deeply as I can. Maybe try to bottle some of the air...

B

B - Hey, enjoy that coffee. It doesn't agree with me like it used to before the band...one cup and I'm done. (EW...Junior Mint PB.)

Well, kiddies, I'm off to the gym since it's so icky outside today! I'll catch up with y'all later!

You all need to stop the nut and candy talk... York makes thiese little mints that I totally ate the hell out of until I realized that they were stupid expensive.

B you could just swallow your tooth paste and chase it with that chocolate Protein Drink.

GACK!!!!!!!

okay, Le Target, I have to tell a story that might not translate. But it's funny as hell.

My friend worked there and she's the world's biggest smartass and can dead pan and carry a joke very far....Some woman came to the return desk and chatting told my friend, "We call this place Le Target" and Kelly was like, "Really? Oh, I've never heard that before. Wow, that clever, oh my...hey Rosie, this woman here calls this place Le Target, isn't that cute?!" Kelly took it to the extreme like while doing the transaction was still going "Le Target" under her breath and chuckling...it got to where the woman got sheepish and was like, "I didn't make it up...."

To Kelly's credit she didn't say, "No shit dumb ass, I was making fun of you!"