Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Suzzie,

It is frustrating isnt it??? I wish I had an open checkbook so I could just go and get one...LOL

I have been dead set on a Trek, and than a Giant, and than a Specialized, ohhh and than there was a Fuji....That would been nice, it was a great deal, but it was too small.

So, I feel the pain.

How is your weight loss going?? Mine has stahlled. My fault...less exercise, bad food and drink choices.....stress eating...all of the stuff that was there before the lapband surgery, but is still there.....just becuase I have the band doesnt mean I dont have the same issues.....Wish there was a pill for that!!! LOl

J..glad you had a nice time Saturday....it s always nice to get spoiled a little isnt it

I think I'm at about 55 lost right now. (I only update my ticker once I weigh in at the doc office.) I guess its good... but of course nothing is fast enough. I really really wanted to wake up from anesthesia weighing about 200 pounds less than I did when I walked into the OR. Lol. Wouldn't that be nice!?

I'm hoping to be another 45-50 pounds less when Spring (Bike Season for me) arrives!

yea, I totally understand...I wish it would just melt off....but....it doesen't.

I know what it takes, and I dont understand why I keep letting stress get the best of me.....it has to STOP!!!

I would like to get to 250 by Thanksgiving.....and than work on the other 50 lbs between the end of November-April. So, when Spring biking starts I will be at 200...that would be awesome. My surgery was end of May...so I would beat the year mark as well.....

Only I can make it happen though....I know it is possible......sometimes it is so easy to eat or drink my old ways, I forget how good it feels to look better, to feel better, and FEEL better.

Well, I am off too bed...Have a great week ok....

Hello everyone! I just got back from a weekend trip to Houston and had a fantastic time! I just got caught up with what I missed here, and I must say it was rather quiet! You folks who ordered BodyBugs need to let me know how you like them!

I also wanted to let y'all know that I am riding in the 2008 MS150 Frisco to Fort Worth! (You can click the link to read more about it.) It is a 150-mile bike tour on May 3rd & 4th to raise awareness and funds for Multiple Sclerosis. I am asking everyone I come in contact with to sponsor me, so guess who I thought of first? YOU GUYS!:) There are many ways you can sponsor...you can PM me here, or you can donate online through a link I've created on the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Lone Star Chapter website. If you would like to donate online, the link is http://www.ms150.org/dallas/donate/donate.cfm?id=207053. If you sponsor me online, I would love it if you would let me know who you are so I can thank you personally after the ride is over! But you can always donate to my fundraising anonymously, if you wish. Or maybe you could set up your own donation link on the website and blast a message out to your entire address book. There are tons of ways to help out.

Thanks, guys!

(I'm off my soapbox now!) :guess

Thats awesome. I'd love to be able to do one of those rides... I'll get there soon enough! When is the deadline for sponsor money??

As for the Body Bugg - I think YOU would totally love it. You are one of those all or nothing kinda girls, so I think being able to really see your numbers (calories burned, calories eaten) would be awesome for you! I should get mine today (if my roommate is home to sign for it) so I'll let you know how totally awesome it is!

Hi kids.

HP, I'm feeling or I was feeling like you're feeling. Just making bad choices and forgetting how great it feels to be losing. I say "was" because today I'm really trying to pull my self back to that losers mentalitiy. :)

I PBed too much this weekend, in part because I forgot to chew, or I sat down to plates of appetizer's food and was hurried, and lastly I made fried rice and if there is one thing that's an automatic PB, it's rice! Duh! How stupid I've been.

My poor little band has taken a beating...

I just wish there was a reset button to this damn thing.

J...I can understand....I think if I would actually get sick, I would stop the nonsense.....I have gotten "stuck" and been uncomfortable, but only gotten sick one time since my surgery....

You can do it though...you are a very very strong person and have excellent willpower and a drive to goooooooo......Bring your chin back up and get going.....

Now, if only I could have that here.

My DH does not want me to join our local gym because "he" wont go. And our biking is slowing due to weather and daylight and being busy. So....a gym is my best option. I DONT want to not loose all winter just becuase of not exercising. I have to move or I dont loose. I also eat less and eat better when I am working out.

So...I am kinda in a pickle so to speak.

Steph.....Let us know when the deadline to sponser is...If I can wait until tax time, or after the first of the year I would be more than happy to help.

Suzie.....I guess I didnt realize you were also getting a bodybugg....let us know how you like it

OH...I took today off......I was in a mood, plus I have tons of things to do.

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks, guys! Yes, I have a LONG time to be turning in the fundraising monies. June 4th, I think. And the E-Donation Link is good anytime untill then, too, I believe. It may just work up until the tour in May...I need to find that out. I'll send the message out again in February after everyone "recovers" from Christmas and the like! LOL And probably a few more times before the tour, too! I blasted an email out to my entire address book last night, letting everyone know. Thanks for your support!

B - Thanks! I hope you are still here...that would be great.

By the way, was it YOU that ordered this storm?!?!? Where the heck did THIS roll in from? I just had to pull my patio umbrella out of the pool!

I guess no riding today...<sniff>. :rain:

GOod morning everyone. This weekend was an all girls weekend. DH went steelhead fishing with his dad, so it was just me and DD at home. Still is, until Wed. We went to Sizzler, went to Ratatouille, went shopping, played card games, just had a really really good time.

I am right on the same boat as you two with the bad food choices. Boy, a brain band really wouldn't be a bad idea.

The one thing that I think nothing compares to is when you put a pair of pants on, and they fit so smoothly and comfortable and then you realize that they are also becoming too big!!!

No kidding D!

I see my therapist tomorrow. Hope she can kick my ass. Off to fitday.com to journal my food for the first time in a week.

UGH.

B - Thanks! I hope you are still here...that would be great.

By the way, was it YOU that ordered this storm?!?!? Where the heck did THIS roll in from? I just had to pull my patio umbrella out of the pool!

I guess no riding today...<sniff>. :rain:

wudnt me... I am digging the cooler weather - was 53 when i left the house to go ride on Saturday morning. At 15 to 20mph, that becomes damn cold.

I hope we're still here, so we can ride together on the MS150. On the other hand, part of me is desperate to get back to Boston. I do worry, though, that moving back to Boston will be a big disappointment - that the magic that I remember from there was due more to events than to the place itself.

The bike riding has been slow-going of late. The boys get very sore after a few miles. I checked with my snip-doc, and he said that it could take several months for them not to get sore when they're under pressure.... Might have to get the recumbent bike I want sooner rather than later. Again, though, that depends on whether we move or stay.

Anyway, hope everybody's monday is going well. Anyone heard from JC lately?

B

Yes, I'm glad for the temps, but not the rain. That would be great to ride together in the MS150 if you are still here!

Snip-doc? LOL They should make a bike saddle like they make massage tables for your face, huh? :)

Yeah, I noticed a strange absence of JC here lately...hmmm. You out there, JC?