Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I am in for the Tri definitely.

Person I say dissolve the union. Once it served it purpose but now it tends to protect the lazy. No one deserves $25 an hour to twist in a screw. Tell them they can stay on their job or strike and lose their job. The unemployemnt rate in Michigan is so high that there are plenty of people who could handle line work and be willing to do it for $15 an hour. Furthermore, include health insurance for life after retirement but get rid of this pension bullshit. Put away your money in a fucking 401K or Roth IRA like the rest of us. I am not depending on any kind of free hand out, I am planning for my future.

Sorry if this offends anyone but I am dealing with some major backwards union shit at the hospital right now and it just sets me off.

wow, that's a dootie mouth post you have there. Impressive.

Yeah, the union thing is really only in the North American plants and that is where they lose all their money. Good point.

I am just saying. Dan and I were talking about that happening at the hospital. I suggested it and he said "well then the hospital will close down because everyone will go on strike" True. But if you tell them they will be losing their job I am willing to bet at least 75% of them will stay over losing a job. Plus there are so many contingent employees that want full time that it could cover until more people are hired. There are so many unemployeed people around here that jobs would go so quickly. It is backward and inefficient.

J~ I dont veto...TL is fine...good luck on the running.. I think I need to get some more weight off before I punish my knee's like that!

BG~ you go girl..dont hold back! We dont have unions in the South. A few came into the hospital I work at but nothing really came of it..I have lived down here for 25 years and have never heard of unions in the south.

D~Glad to see you haven't had an attack lately..Keepin' my fingers crossed you dont have to go through that again!

HP~ Glad you are having fun in Fl. hopefully Fay will leave so you can enjoy some of our sunshine!

SB~Good luck on finding a bike! I am just using my old one I got from Walmart years ago for now...nothing special but it is doing the job for now

2BH~ I like your red bike! Does that seat hurt your bum. My tailbone still isn't getting use to any seat I try....ouchie

OH - I know you probably have your paper all written by now, but I couldn't resist adding my suggestion. :angry:

I think that Ford should buy large numbers of Toyota &/or Honda vehicles. They may even be able to negotiate a discount, like the rental car companies do. Then they put Ford logos on them and sell from Ford dealerships. Even if they had to sell them at a loss it would probably be less of a loss than they typically have each quarter. :sad:

Just thinkin' KY

TL - I heart my seat.:angry: I sit on my "sit bones" so there is almost no friction on my lovely buttocks. If I ride 7 days in a row for long mileage I get a bit sore, otherwise no problem!

How are you doing after your traumatic fill? All back to normal? KY

BG - the nurse's union in Eastern KY has more-or-less bankrupted the Kentucky Nurses Association because of their protracted strike. Very frustrating! KY

2BH~ Things are much better after they removed .2 cc of the fill that night. Today, I started back on solid foods again, and it has given me more restriction then what I had before. I hope to never experience that again! It was miserable!

Thanks for checking on me!

tg..glad you re better!!!!!

Just to let all know...JC...has not fell off face of earth.doing great..just busy with new gf and work....said to say hello!!!!

Anyway...getting ready to hit the sack for my trip tommorow...

hello to all

Ok im updating you all.

I finished another Triathlon this year. Here are my results: I had a blow out on my front tire with 3 miles to go but i rode it in flat anyway. Apart for that pretty good.

My 5k time was 31:13 and i have done 5ks in 28 mins before but not after all that swiming and cycling.

Thanks for all your support!!!!! Heres looking forward to the next one.

Place: 147th out of 214. #217 C Jonathan Bailey TWO RIVERS WI 33 Male Swim: 170th 8:06 Cycle: 133th 56:59 16.8mph Run: 160th 31:13 10:03 147th out of 214 1:36:17.36

Good job whos...congrats on a great job!

How long did you train before you decided to start doing triathlons? I bet you get such a great sense of accomplishment when you finish these.

So my daughter left her new glasses on the floor today and my son stepped on them and bent them. I hear her in the back of the house saying "I am so dead, Mom is going to kill me" I knew right then it had to do with her glasses. Anyhow when she comes and tells me and says it is her fault, then she says "Well Mom you know that God wrote the story of my life so this is kind of his fault too. Mostly my fault, but a little his fault"

Sometimes I am just amazed with some of the things she comes up with.