Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

D

That stinks. You know if you think he's wrong get a second opinion. It's your health.

But if he's right, that's a simple solution.

Sorry for the added stress of not having a real answer.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday!

J

Oh, I forgot to tell everyone, I had to call the doctors office to ask about my ultrasound.......everything was negative.....

He said I have heartburn. WHAT??? Heartburn???? I don't think heartburn is gonna make me have to push on my stomach that hard to make the pain go away. I don't think heartburn takes your breath away when you breath in.......

Hmmmm....he wants me to take a Prevacid when it happens again. I have taken Prevacid.....this is not going to be a fun journey, I can tell that..

Drats I had a long post typed and lost it in cyber space it looks like.

Anyway, there is another test they can do on your gall bladder. My nurse mentioned if my ultrasound came back normal they'd be ordering it as many times it doesn't show on an ultrasound but that's the easiest test to do. It's called a hyda somthing, maybe hydascan?? She said she had g/b issues and her ultrasound was normal and this other test showed how bad it was. So you might want to check that out.

I had my post op visit yesterday and am doing well. Still sore in the side and he said that was to be expected since it was major surgery after all and they move things around a lot during surgery. I go back in 6 weeks, and he wants me down another 6 lbs. That's totally doable and I hope to blow past that. He called me a star and said I was doing fantastic in the weight loss and also gave me a fill. It will be 2 weeks since surgery tomorrow. Time flies when you are having fun. ha ha

OMG!!! I just passed the exit for dade city!!!!! Jc area!!!!! Wow!!! Of course it is freaking raining AGAIN!!!!!!! Did I tell u that I hve not been on my bike in almost 2 weeks!!!!!

OMG!!! I just passed the exit for dade city!!!!! Jc area!!!!! Wow!!! Of course it is freaking raining AGAIN!!!!!!! Did I tell u that I hve not been on my bike in almost 2 weeks!!!!!

Hey...I am not far from Dade City darn it! Actually that was where the ER i went to the other night was!

The test that L2BT was talking about is a Hida scan...it measures the ejection fraction of your gallbladder. It is a nuclear med test that takes a couple of hours but they will be able to tell if it is bad or not! I hope you dont have anymore pain.

I am going to take a quick cat nap...this waking up at 0430 sucks...I know I have said that before but hey...it hasn't changed, it still sucks!

We r meeting JC and his gf for dinner friday!!!! I'm soooo excited!!!!! We r in clearwater heading to st pete

Yeah, he originally said they would do a hydascan if the ultrasound came back normal...I don't know what changed his mind. If I have another attack I will call them and see what the next plan is, but I know this IS NOT heart burn....

D!!! U need to stay on it u know ur body!!! Is it band related! Thinking of u as we drive back!!! Did I say how excited I am????

Today after visiting my doc to get another fill, (.5cc) BF and I went to a bike shop and looked at bikes. I saw a Cannondale womens bike that seemed to be calling my name.:cursing: He saw a few he liked too. We are still in the researching stage, but like the service they offer at this store. I forgot the name of it but its in Columbia, MO. Now to scrape the money together to get 2 bikes, 2 car carriers, helmets, and all the other fun bells and whistles. We didn't test drive any but someday soon we will have to. Yikes, I haven't been on a bike since early college years, many years ago. Anyone here have a review on Cannondales? What do you like about them? any drawbacks?

I have a Cannondale and I love it! Purchased in 2001 and it still is like new. Rides great, only TLC is keeping it clean and tuned up. Here's a pic of my beloved Lil' Red:

sr600t_01.jpg

:wink2:

My husband has a Cannondale also. After having these 2, it would take a lot for us to consider any other brand.

Good luck!

p.s. sorry the picture is so ginormous. I couldn't get it to size down. sheesh! :cursing:

Pretty bike! I am going for the kind with the handlebars higher and straight. If I tried to ride yours I would feel like I was upside down!

so you are looking for a hybrid? I did not know cannondale made a hybrid......all the company's have there perks and there things that make the bike special.

I had a giant FCR2 when I had my hybrid...it was like a road bike with mountain bike handelbars...

Have fun shopping....I know some of the bike shops have lay-way too....Mine did...:wink2:

BG...Oh plan on giving it to him...

He is bringing his girlfriend too.....

Hope everyone is having a nice friday...

D.....how are you feeling?????

I rode my mountain bike up the mountain last night....got very little miles in, but it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo windy here last night, there was no way we were going on the road bikes. I am feeling great, and no pains since last week, so hopefully, I don't get anymore. I have to go pick up my samples of Prevacid to take when I get an episode again...geeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz, it is sooooooooo not heartburn, but have to satisfy the doc I guess.

School starts Monday, and then we are off for a fun filled weekend for Labor day, camping, fishing and tubing....so the fun starts for me next week, and I will probably start disappearing again...but I hope not like last year..

D there is no disappearing. I can do it you can to. Once or twice a day to say you are breathing is all we are looking for. Have a fun weekend!!!!!!!!!

HP You kick his ass for me too.

SB- Strikeuptheband, you have new initials. May I suggest you test drive a road bike before you discount it completely? It won't cost you a penny and you might be surprised by it. But you go girl...good you getting the BF involved too.

2B- Pretty bike indeed.