Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

i left my Camera at my mom in laws hs last week ....crap...

Ill get her to mail me it. otherwise its crappy phone pic time

OMG! is it fast!

Since everyone else seems to be missing this little gem of a posting, I must address it!

Let's see....the nearest local food store is just a bit over a mile from my house. No one, I repeat, no one else from my neighborhood EVER would dream of travelling there other than by car. In fact, I think that some folks need a wee nap after they drive to/from the grocery. They get the car out, start it, wait at the "busy" street to turn left, wait at the ONE stoplight between the neighborhood and the store parking lot, park and toddle into the store. I'd estimate that they (we) consume at least 15 minutes in the endeavor to DRIVE a mile.

I'd say that 17 minutes to RUN a mile is pretty damn awesome. Not if you are thinking you can step in if an olympic competitor pulls a hamstring or something and you're going to jet on over to China....but otherwise....hell ya! (oops, heck ya!)

As the desigated ol' lady in this conversation, I say "Give yourself some credit girl!" YOU ARE RUNNING!!! Without anyone chasing you for your purse....WAY TO GO!!!! :biggrin:

KY

Awe, you are so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, I needed that!! I will keep at it I guess...maybe next time do two miles...

HP, glad you took it easy today!! Good for you once in awhile.

Whos, what a dork!:thumbup: You dont leave your camera at someones house when you are going to be buying a bike!!!!!!! GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

this is THE bycyle thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

i am thankful we have unlimited text...my 14 year old sent 19 thousand text messages last month!!!!!

hoosierpoms.... I Have got to say.... I used to work for Verizon Wireless and I worked there for 9 years.. IN my 9 YEARS of srvs to them. I NEVER once saw a person use 19,000 text message... so an award should be given to your 14 year old :biggrin: maybe join one of those text competitions :) haha.. I am thankful for u that you have unlimited text because one thing I have seen are EXTREMELY high bills from parents who did not believe $.10 per message could add up...Could you imagine if you did not have a text plan it would have cost you $1900.00 ALONE for texting..INSANE.. I have to agree with you all cell phone companies do stink.. but they were my bread and butter for so long I have to appreciate them somewhat... :) my only word of advice.. WHEN IN DOUBT with what someone there tells you ask questions to multiple people and ALWAYS monitor your usage and ALWAYS avoid shady sales people..GOOD luck to all :) have a good day

ya, we were pretty shocked when we read the bill. Thank goodness I have unlimited. My teenagers the older girls send about 5-6000 a month. Allot is one word answers but still.

We have not had allot of BAD issues with them, but just like anything else, you have to watch your bill

They can charge stuff you dont even realize and not catch it

I am assuming you work for a different cell company now?

I just got my new blackberry curve...in PINK....I love it.....

No I no longer work for a wireless company. I swore if I ever left Verizon Wireless. I would NEVER work for a wireless company again. I just recently left there and it was the best decision ever.. I work in a hospital now and although I work with some super lazy and complaining people it is a pretty great job.. Mainly because I get to spend so much more time with my husband and son and family.. It is awesome to finally have a life again and be able to focus on our family more...I hope you enjoy your curve.. i would have loved that phone if it came in pink when I was buying mine, but verizon only has it in silver and black..

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo BUT VERIZON CAME OUT WITH THE PINK CURVE THIS PAST FRIDAY.......IT is just like the color of the pearl.

I still have VZW....it is ok...

Are you in medical records? I have a sister who works for a company as a medical coder. I thought that would be a pretty neat job.....

Dont think I have the talent to type that fast and not make mistakes..LOL

Wow I see they do have it in PINK now .. I am shocked.. haha. I have not kept up with the new stuff since I left.. I tied to purge 9 years of information haha.. I just check it out on the website. It looks nice.. I actually work in registration right now, but am hoping to move to the a cancer data research spot.. Keep your fingers crossed for me:) there is a certification required for it, but the head man for that area said I could get it after I have started.. We will see. this place takes awhile to actually make processes complete. the job I have now took a total of 5 months to get.. INSANE ha ha.. But at least I have proven my work ethic and hopefully that will be taken into account when being considered for the new spot. It will be very interesting.. Typing is not to bad. Once you do it for so many years it is like a second nature.. I take a lot of short cuts in personal emails and posting and things because I have to make sure everything is perfect at work haha

HP - What you are saving with unlimited texting, you need to be banking for the Carpal Tunnel surgeries that the kids will be needing!! :biggrin:

Did you know there is actually a repetetive use injury called "Blackberry Thumb"? I kid you not.

Beautiful day out there today....Lil' Red is calling me......

Oh yeah, my Creamsicle is also calling me......Deaaaannnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa come and ride me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The voices are getting louder by the minute!!

You hear the voices too?? And to think "they" tried to tell me I was nuts. Goes to show....

I think one of my voices may be a relative of Cruella Deville. It tells me to "go toward the hills" and then I see spots before my eyes as I huff and puff up. Must. Stop. Listening. :biggrin:

HH (handsome husband) is midway home on an epic ride from Steubenville Ohio (near Pittsburgh) back home to Bowling Green KY. Tuesday he rode 133 mi, yesterday 96 or so, and today is a day off (visiting his bro in Cinci). If he can average just over 80-miles per day on Fri-Sun he will roll into the driveway right on schedule. If not, I am the designated sag wagon. Isn't he amazing?? :tongue_smilie: As an Iowa farmer once told me at the end of a 78 mile day "I get tired driving that far."

As an Iowa farmer once told me at the end of a 78 mile day "I get tired driving that far."

NOW that is funny!!:tongue_smilie::lol::biggrin::lol::tt1: