Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

doing well I weighed last nite, and looked at the fridge, grabbed a Water and went to my room....

So far so good...making a big difference in how I feel too

Thanks D!!! I am so excited.

I want to loose the other 18lbs and I need to set a time frame for me. I am thinking Oct 6th when I go for my next trip.....

We will make that the time.

Than I am going to get under that 200 mark...I cant wait!!!!!!!! havent been there in 15 years.

First off, read Warning:Disgusting Revenge on the general lap band thread...totally gross and hilarious!!!

HP, ok 18 pounds by Oct 6th is ......8 weeks...totally doable...now I am gonna put a little push on you here...I am going to lose 18 pounds by Oct 6th too.....its a challenge!!!! Its you and me girl!!! You up for it???? Lets see...we need to lose 2.25 pounds a week for this to work....totally doable....I am going to set up a seperate thread for this challenge between us so we can keep track of everything...k?

K Traci, I set up a new thread for this challenge between us. I knew you would do it so I didn't wait for a yes!!!!! LOL......This is gonna be soooooooooooooooo much fun and good for us...

I am so in!!! This is awesome@!

We can do this!!! We are the bomb!!!!!

WOOHOOOOO

here we go.......

I just realized I am almost overweight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooo stinkin' happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiger, we have about the same stats. I started at 305 and surgery day was 295 and goal is 170.....

Those are my stats too! I put my goal as 169 though as the BMI chart I was using still showed 170 as overweight and 169 as normal, but I'll be very happy with 170!! Right now my goal is to get under 250 so that I am closer to the 100's than the 300's. Before my hospital gain of 8 lbs I was only 6 lbs away from that. those phantom 8 lbs better hit the road soon!!

Long, that is so funny we all had the same stats!!!

Hey what were your symptoms that you had about your gallbladder???? I think I am having some issues with mine...

Long, that is so funny we all had the same stats!!!

Hey what were your symptoms that you had about your gallbladder???? I think I am having some issues with mine...

I had a dull ache in my upper right side, that went around to my back at times. It was enough that I mentioned it to the nurse that she sent me for an ultrasound of it and sure enough there were stones. We caught it in time so I had no major attack. She said one way to find out for sure if it was my gall bladder was to eat something fatty, if the pain was worse it was the gall bladder. I did, and it did. now if it would only heal up like now and stop hurting! I'm not very patient in recovery this time, it's only been 2 mos since my banding surgery. I will have spent most of the summer recuperating.

You definitely have had your share of surgerys this summer....bless your heart!!!!

You just heal up now and next summer you will be out there doing Muddy Buddy Boulder!!!!

Tiger, we have about the same stats. I started at 305 and surgery day was 295 and goal is 170.....

Deanna~ You are a huge inspiration to me!!! HP is another! I am just amazed at both of your transformations! I set my goal to 185 because I am 6ft tall. It has been many years since I have been in onderland so I am not sure where I need to stop and look healthy. I have a "large" bone structure so some people think that I may look "to thin" at 185. So it is a wait and see situation, in the meantime I just took the highest number from the American Medical Associations guidelines. :)

First off, read Warning:Disgusting Revenge on the general lap band thread...totally gross and hilarious!!!

HP, ok 18 pounds by Oct 6th is ......8 weeks...totally doable...now I am gonna put a little push on you here...I am going to lose 18 pounds by Oct 6th too.....its a challenge!!!! Its you and me girl!!! You up for it???? Lets see...we need to lose 2.25 pounds a week for this to work....totally doable....I am going to set up a seperate thread for this challenge between us so we can keep track of everything...k?

Ummmm.... I was wondering if I could be a 3rd wheel in this challenge..I leave for my trip to Jamaica on October 7th and had a mini goal of losing 50 lbs by the time we went. I am 10 lbs away from that goal, but I wouldn't mind going over that goal by 8 lbs either! So.........I would like to try to get a total of 18 more lbs off by the time we go! :):)

Yes come join us on the other challenge thread.....it should be fun....

You are tall....I think that 185 would be a very good starting goal and the to see if you want to go lower. That is kinda what I am doing. My goal is 170....the doctor of course is 150....but I think maybe 159 might end up being my final goal....

Those are my stats too! I put my goal as 169 though as the BMI chart I was using still showed 170 as overweight and 169 as normal, but I'll be very happy with 170!! Right now my goal is to get under 250 so that I am closer to the 100's than the 300's. Before my hospital gain of 8 lbs I was only 6 lbs away from that. those phantom 8 lbs better hit the road soon!!

LT~ I hope you feel better soon...I haven't even had anymore surgeries this summer but sometimes I get phantom pounds too....they stay to visit for a few days...then they go away... I think it is my body in denial that they will be gone forever soon so they just bring them back to say goodbye..lol

HP~ You look awesome and sooooo much happier and healthier this year! You go girl!

Ok..I will stop hitting the quote button and posting now! Going to do my Zumba training (because this girl has no rhythm, so they gave me a week of learning the steps!) Then off to my bike ride once the sun starts to set!

You definitely have had your share of surgerys this summer....bless your heart!!!!

You just heal up now and next summer you will be out there doing Muddy Buddy Boulder!!!!

Me do a muddy buddy? Something drastic would have to change in me for me to ever want to do something like that. But then again, who knew I'd ever want a bike??? I've discovered this journey is about way more than just weight loss as my body transforms so does my head in many ways. So will keep in open mind! :)