Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

TRACI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That picture is just simply amamzing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day, maybe we can take pictures of all of us in one pair of pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.........

Ok, I jogged 1 mile this morning. I don't know what came over me, but I did it and it was great. I jogged 1/2 mile then walked about five minutes and then jogged the other 1/2 mile. Biking really makes a difference in your lung capacity...especially the big long nine mile hills. I could talk the entire time and never got out of breath....it was simply amazing....I am still smiling......

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.......and I floated the river yesterday on a tube made for three people with DD and DH...it was the absolutely best time ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so glad that I could do it and not have to be the one just watching and not participating...that feels soooooooooooooooooo dang good!!!!!!!!!!

D!!!!!!

WOW! I bet that was a blast on the Water yesterday??? I bet you feel amazing. I have noticed a big difference in my lung capacity too. It was interesting to go tackle something that I have stayed away from for so long because of my weight.

Last evening, the 3 of us went for our ride....our group was canceled, so we went close. Of course close means hills.

Most of these hills are the ones that I have either walked, avoided, or attempted and just never got up.

Since I have been riding with the group, we have been tackling some good hills, and I am learning how to approach them, and what to do while I am on them.....

I am happy to say......we (all of us) completed the task of climbing these hills. Rebecca even did one of the hills 2 times because I thought I had a low tire and I got off to check it out and she came back and we went again...LOL

I was very pleased!!!!!

So, we are doing a group ride this evening and I am very stoked about this...

D! I am just thrilled that you ran this morning.....I have this energy that I am not sure where it is coming from, but I sure do like it being there.......

oh and thanks about the picture

I just thought it was hilarious....but also it was a real reminder to me of just how far I have come. I dont ever want to battle that ever again.

I am hoping that my progress will inspire my family members as well to not allow themselves to get as big as I was. So unhealthy, and a loss of 10 years of fun times...

If I knew I would be doing all of this cycling....in my 30's instead of 40's....wowo!!!!!!!!!!

you know D

I heard about those long 9 mile hills. A friend from work went west with a group called decylces and she said some of the hills would be 10 miles long, and never ending........I cant even imagine

They are long but they sure do give the lung capacity needed for other things.

The river was a blast and I am with you....who knew all the fun times I have been missing out on....I am the one trying to talk DH into going to the amusement park now...and now he doesnt' want to go.....

Its so awesome to be able to move and move good....I am so proud of all of us....we have done so good!!

we are all doing so good!!!!

Each person that has started on this thread has a success story. Each person has accomplished something they hadnt done in the past.

We are all doing well........and love it that we have new people joining the insanity all the time

D~ Congrats on the jogging and the tubing! I can't wait until I feel like I can handle a job(with lung capacity and knee's). Makes you feel like a whole new woman all over again!

Hoosier~ I don't know many places to ride in Orlando, but you will be in the land of theme parks, you can surely get cardio in by walking Disney's Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM Studios, they have an animal park now too, Universal Studios. If you do find a good place to ride..beware of the "flat land" we have no hills or major inclines here...just heat and humidity. It gets a little hotter in Orlando because it doesn't get the sea breeze that we get on the coast. So keep hydrated!

D~ Congrats on the jogging and the tubing! I can't wait until I feel like I can handle a job(with lung capacity and knee's). Makes you feel like a whole new woman all over again!

Hoosier~ I don't know many places to ride in Orlando, but you will be in the land of theme parks, you can surely get cardio in by walking Disney's Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM Studios, they have an animal park now too, Universal Studios. If you do find a good place to ride..beware of the "flat land" we have no hills or major inclines here...just heat and humidity. It gets a little hotter in Orlando because it doesn't get the sea breeze that we get on the coast. So keep hydrated!

Yeah...that was suppose to say jog....not job..ooops

oh I am sure....the 2 trip down will be in jacksonville for 6 weeks total. So, that is the trip I want to take my bike for

oh how I love to step on the scale in the evening and weigh less than I did in the morning.....i am smelling a weight loss here!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait till morning!!!!!

Nite everyone

OK, Sorry, but I came across this photo of me from Mothers Day 2007....WOW is all I want to say....I looked unhappy, misserable, and awful!!!!!!

I just had to share

post-218103-13813137448873_thumb.jpg

not sure where everyone is...but have to share.

I set a goal for me for my trip to florida! I wanted to be at a certain weight prior to going.....I made it!!! I am sooooooo excited!!!

I love loosing and doing things good for me!!!!!!!!! This is so awesome!!!!!!!

Good job Traci!!!!!!! I am so happy that you made your goal!!!!!! I really am into this goal thing, I never have been before, but I think it really is inspirational to have goals and then meet them!!

You are an inspiration and all I can say about that last photo is.................................wow!!!!

You have done so good and come so far.......

Oh, hows the little challenge going for you? No night time eating going on here......how about you?