Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

d...

You did not hurt my feelings.....I was just sayin I cant catch UP!!!!!!!!!

J Youhad best be running readyfor the Muddy Buddy.

Just sayin.

Really? I had best be what?

Missy, you're the one who hasn't seen the inside of a gym in how long????

Running in Keds might be a bad idea however...I will bring the bike up when we do Cedar Point. See if we can decorate it, ride on it, etc. Want to shoot for a DRESS rehersal that weekend?

Y'all, you know there's a costume prize for the muddy buddy. We're not telling what we're doing, just know, it's BG and me so it's going to be horribly funny. Focus on horrible. :biggrin:

I sure hope there is someone taking pictures.....OLOL

Well...I did it...I rode at work......it was challenging.....we even was rained on....kind of intimadating for me going down the hills and being wet.......on a fairly new to me bike......yikes...but.....we made it back safe and sound..wooohooo.

The people were awesome too..real nice.

Hope everyone had a good day

D...CHECK OUT THIS POST FROM 5-22-07

Yes, DH and DD and I bought new bikes...not the expensive kind just Schwinns from KMart, and we are riding on average 5 miles a night..sometimes more sometimes less. I am so happpy with myself after I am done. There is a hill by my house that I had to walk up when I first started, but now I can bike all the way up it. I love it!!!I almost cried when I did that. Today I rode to video store instead of driving...a 4 mile trip. I love that I can ride to stores and get small things and not waste gas. Deanna

OMG..CHECK THIS ONE OUT!!!!!

The last bike I owned (20 years agoeek.gif) was the classic 10speed, skinny tire, low-handlebar model. I hated that bike. Hunching over the handlebars killed my back. I need a more upright style of bike with some cush for my tush! My only problem now is which one to choose. What is everyone else riding out there? __________________

... well the first one since I was 12. After wrestling with it to put it into the trunk of my car to get it home (and I have the bruises to prove it) my husband even bought one the next day.

I'm just wobbling away to learn to ride again right now. There is a bike trail not too far away from home and we're taking our bikes when we go on vacation next month.

I'm excited - and I don't care how stupid I look to other people - I'm having fun. :smile:

Debi,

Don't you give two thoughts to what other people might be thinking...because they are going to be thinking, if she can ride so should I. They'll be ashamed of themselves for being lazy.

Where are you vacationing? Where are you from? Welcome to the bycyling thread.

LOL, HP, that is soooooo freakin funny.....I can remember trying to get up that little thing I was calling a hill....I climb mountains now!!!! LOL....I love biking....

Debi, welcome, I always wonder what people say when they see me coming down the road, but I don't really care anymore...I wear my tight riding shorts and tight jersey and don't really care...they can go jump in the lake for all I care....I know what I am doing, and I know they are driving in a car.... LOL...who is really the loser?? Not me..

LOL, five miles a night....NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!! I wonder if I thought back then that was going to be all I would ever do is five miles a night...that is sooooo funny

I live in Oregon (Gresham) - east of Portland. We bought a new 5th wheel RV in December and have only used it once so we're heading to the coast for a few days and then up to Washington near Mount St. Helens.

I can't wait - especially since I had to buy all new clothes for the summer (even PJs)!!!!

welcome debi!!! I think it is great that you have bought bikes, and dont you worry about what you look like, we all have and are there.

I rode with some "younger" bikers yesterday....never would of dreamed of doing such a thing a year ago.....

I love camping too btw..we just sold our pop-up...for now.

D...I know is those not the funniest?????

does anyone use endourox??

Hi Juli,

Your success is amazing. I look up to you! Hey, did you notice that the bike worked good for fat loss. I feel I'm working my abs when I ride but I can't be sure. Unfortunately, I haven't lost much yet but I think I've built some muscles from the riding so that could be part of it.