Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

He's still at the community rec center. He will have to find a new partner, too. He's a big boy...he'll be all right. :thumbup:

I dont know but I want to get to 200 by August 16th! Anyone have any ideas????

BTW...Love seeing D post on here again.....sure have missed you!!!!!! And of course you won the most bike challenge....HAHAH

That ride is going to be nice in Kentucky...how far is that for you J????

It is about 4 hours for us...

It's about 3 hours for me. Many Columbus people go to that ride, HP. Let me know if you plan on going, we'll have to meet up!!!

As of now, we don't know where we are staying, if there is room in the dorm or if we'll get a hotel room down the street. It's supposed to be gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Looks like a ~62 miles on Saturday and ~30 ish on Sunday morning. All of which are sweet. The 63-100 miles (an option I'm passing on) are HILLY! The rest is bluegrass, rolling, horse country. They say the horses live better than we do. I'm sure of it!!!!!!!!

I can appreciate wanting do a challenge but I just don't have it in me to get back on here to report, etc.

HP, I know there have got to be some. How about the 4th of July Challenge?

I'm doing the "Don't eat the Cookie Challenge" as we speak.

I'm doing the "Don't eat the Cookie Challenge" as we speak.

Ooooo - I just failed miserably at that challenge... My unfill needs to be undone... I might have bitched about not being able to eat anything, but at least I wasn't able to eat everything...

I hope y'all can make it down to Big D in october - would be way too cool...

HP - sweet bike, lucky daughter.

TX - will have to check out the MS150 pics in a sec

D - Hiya!

BG - wherethehellareya?

JC - Ditto

B

Ooooo - I just failed miserably at that challenge... My unfill needs to be undone... I might have bitched about not being able to eat anything, but at least I wasn't able to eat everything...

I hope y'all can make it down to Big D in october - would be way too cool...

B

I hear ya about the unfill thing!! I've gained like 3 pounds in the 1 week since my unfill!! Ugh!!!

I'm totally leaning towards coming to the convention and skipping Nigeria. Much cheaper. Lol.

I still don't feel anything. I got my first fill on Friday. Nothing. I called today and left a message to see about how quickly I can have another fill. I don't feel any different (except still tired from the weekend from Hell!).

I am happy to report though that I made my first mini goal of 25 lbs. lost. I have been stuck at 23# for several weeks, but finally over the little hump I needed to reach my goal. I am disappointed that I'm not losing more. I would've thought I'd be doing better than this. Of course I suck at the exercise thing. I was so worried before about jostling things around, but now I can't even bring myself to do anything. Work is kicking my ass these days, but that's no excuse on my days off. I'm averaging about 1000 cals per day. I dunno. I was so happy those first few weeks when it was just melting off. I am bummed that I've stopped so soon into this.

Any suggestions?

~C

I have begun riding my recumbent bike to work every day now that the weather is nice. It is 1.5 miles one way and I feel wonderful after pedaling my way to work and back home. May not be much, but it is more than I did before.

I am 5 months out from surgery and 48 pounds (approximately) lost. Maybe biking will be the jump start that I need to get off this plateau.

I also, received last night, my trikke, and I am learning how to ride it and maybe one day I will be trikking to work. :cursing:

Welcome Freebird!

Good job on riding your bike to work! Any amount of riding is great! I hear those Trikke's are really fun!

~C

I still don't feel anything. I got my first fill on Friday. Nothing. I called today and left a message to see about how quickly I can have another fill. I don't feel any different (except still tired from the weekend from Hell!).

I am happy to report though that I made my first mini goal of 25 lbs. lost. I have been stuck at 23# for several weeks, but finally over the little hump I needed to reach my goal. I am disappointed that I'm not losing more. I would've thought I'd be doing better than this. Of course I suck at the exercise thing. I was so worried before about jostling things around, but now I can't even bring myself to do anything. Work is kicking my ass these days, but that's no excuse on my days off. I'm averaging about 1000 cals per day. I dunno. I was so happy those first few weeks when it was just melting off. I am bummed that I've stopped so soon into this.

Any suggestions?

~C

Your words, bolding done by me. You know what you need to do....

Congrats however on meeting your -25 pound goal! That's fantastic!

WE all have our struggles, exercise isn't one of mine...I don't mean to be unsympathetic. Cookies are my struggle. My weight hasn't moved much because I'm eating too many calories.

On that note, I met my new trainer today. I'm not feeling a whole bunch of love for him, but I figure we'll see how it goes for a few weeks. I did do a bootcamp sculpt class tonight. I thought I was fit. I'm so not in shapes....I did so many squats...

BTW, BG is well and good, just busy with family stuff. I'm sure she'll be back when stuff slows down.

ok....well.....welcome freebird!!!I wish i lived closer too work...I would so ride to work

OK!!!!!! I DID IT....

I PUT MY BIKE IN LAYWAY.......

YES!!!!!!

YES.......

OK....IT IS A 2007 MODEL

TREK 2100 WSD.

IT IS SOOOO NICE.......DEFIANTLY SOOO MUCH EASIER THAN MY DAUGHTERS 1000. I AM SOOO EXCITED.....

I AM HOPING TO GET IT PAID OFF SOON

I PAID FOR IT WHAT I WAS GOING TO THE 2.1 AND IT HAS ALLOT NICER COMPONENTS....AND RIDES LIKE A BABY.....IT IS A PURPLE (VIOLET) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

DEFIANTLY NEED NEW RIDING COLORS...LOL

ALSO GOT MY DAUGHTER A PAIR OF RIDING SHOES ON ORDER

J- Yes. It's funny, when it's in bold it just blares right back at me! LOL

I know what to do. Although I would like to say...how is it that people that don't exercise still manage to lose large amounts of weight? I DO want to exercise and I'm not asking for an excuse. I am just not understanding why I wouldn't lose weight when I'm not consuming very many calories?

HP- Congratulations on another new bike!

~C

JUST TO CLARIFY!

The bike we bought this weekend (used) is for my daughter!

And thanks!