Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Thanks TX....I will go look at the message. I can't figure out how to get a picture of my sea green and black bike on here...oh well, I will work on it again..

Actually, I peeked at your deleted post and it looked just fine!

Very cool bike, D!

Thank you for the birthday wishes! It was a great day!

ZZ - "Weight Lifting Nazi"...I was dubbed that by my daughter and her friend when they asked if they could work out with me and my partner. We made them WORK. She said it should go on my MySpace and I agreed. Then my son saw it...thus the page comment from him about me being gay. He's a turd...what can I say? He makes me laugh more and more every day!

Where the heck IS everybody?!?!?

UH! (stomps feet) I want some pudding!

i could not log on all day it was telling me it was under going maint.

I am going to say Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! Sorry I didnt get to tell you on the day....

WTF ppl!! Where the heck are you?!?!?!

I got up this morning at 6am and drove into the city to do the AIDS walk. 5K. I never expected so many people!! There were HUNDREDS. It was so cool. I figured that with that many people walking that we'd go really slow and take forever to finish all 3 miles... but even with the kids ans strollers there, we finished in an hour, so about 20 minutes per mile. That's not too bad! By the end of it my right hip was achy... but I made it.

After I signed in, I walked around to the sponser tents and got myself signed up for the AIDS bycyling challenge. It's not until Oct, so I'm absolutely positive that I'll be able to do at least the minimum 10 miles. Lol. ANd the guys at the tent said that starting in July or Aug they will start scheduling a few training rides, so it should be fun. I'm excited!! Lol.

I've never done an organized walk before, so this was a cool experience for me. Now I'm looking for the next one I can do. Lol. There is a Heart walk on May 31, but I'll be out of town...

OK. Damnit. Now ya'll gotta come post something. I don't like how quiet it is!! Where is BG? It's not like her to be so non-chatty for a few days...

Hi ZZ! I'm here, but I don't know where everyone else is! I can't believe how quiet it's been around here the last few weeks! Hopefully the good weather has everybody outside!

Congratulations on your walk today! Woot! I'm so proud of you for signing up for a ride! You can do it! Ya gotta just keep trying and pretty soon you'll be a pro!

TX: Stef I'm sorry I missed your big day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

~C

hello guys!!! Congrats on your walk today!! what an amazing thing you did, and now you have something to train for for later this year......great goals!!!!

We went out today for a wonderful HILL ride....nothing my DH does isnt.

But...we took his old bike for my 17 year old so she could ride....and it has chain and gearing issues....not something she wanted to deal with. So, we cut it out early.

We are riding, MYself an DH tommorow, hoping for a longer ride.

It is wonderful out.

We are riding in the PArke county covered bridge ride next weekend....I am hyped. We are camping on friday and we will be there all weekend.....

Out to eat now, see you later

Where the heck IS everybody?!?!?

In the hospital :smile2:

I was at a seminar today and got a little off the reservation with my food. I was sitting there feeling like something was stuck (pressure in my chest), and so I was going to run to the bathroom (or at least to a trashcan in the hall) to PB. Didn't make it. Woke up on the floor of the classroom a few minutes later with a bunch of people standing around wondering what the fuck...

Initial tests don't show anything - probably a vagal response (I sometimes feel a little faint when something gets really stuck. But I get to spend the night here, just the same.

The only good thing is that I don't have to get my ass up in time to catch a 6:30AM flight to LAX. The bad news, though, is that I'm almost certainly out on the trip to bike in Lansing.

Hope everybody's having a better weekend than me.

B

B! That sounds horrid! Somehow me thinks you are making light of this situation for us? I really do. Even though you share that you are in the hospital, it seems you don't want us to worry too much, but we do! You are a big part of the Bycyling Family! Regardless, I hope everything turns out okay...have you contacted your LB doc?

Sending you warm fuzzies and good mojo for a speedy recovery to a good place in Band Land!

B! That sounds horrid! Somehow me thinks you are making light of this situation for us? I really do. Even though you share that you are in the hospital, it seems you don't want us to worry too much, but we do! You are a big part of the Bycyling Family! Regardless, I hope everything turns out okay...have you contacted your LB doc?

Sending you warm fuzzies and good mojo for a speedy recovery to a good place in Band Land!

Other than some bruising, rug burn on my face, and a killer headache, that's all there is to tell. Sitting all day had pooled blood in my legs (my ass was sore & numb) and getting stuck pinged my vagas nerve. Getting up & trying to run completed the cascade, and I fainted due to having no blood left in my noggin. It was all in my legs and abdomen. Additional factors include reduced Water consumption leading to blood volume depletion, addition of diet coke (first time since banding I have been able to get it down - see how well that turned out for me) a diuretic and generally nasty substance, and boredom.

All of my cardiac enzymes have come back nominal - CT was nominal - EKG is nominal. They just wanted to keep me overnight to make sure everything was okay and to get my volume back up (4l ringers since 4p).

To add insult to injury, I didn't get dinner until almost 11p. When it came, it consisted of a shoe-leather steak (you'd think a "Bariatric surgery center of excellence" would know better) and 2 sugary dessert things - my BG level as > 400 when we came in to the ER. That was mostly from getting off the reservation at lunch and from being shocky due to the fall. I'm not going to add sugery goo to the mix now, though...

Finally dozed off around 11:30 only to be awoken at 1:30 for some blood-letting. Won't likely make itt back to sleep. Bastages.

Sweet dreams peeps!

B

Update - looks like the cardiac enzyme tests from the 1:30am blood-letting are elevated. I'm now NPO, and i have a date with the cardiologist sometime this morning. Will update when I have more info.

B

Oh B!!! What an awful experience! I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. You need to stay put and let those very smart doctors take good care of you! Is your family with you?

If you need any help, have questions about your labs, tests or whatever I'm here for you!

Get some rest, take care of yourself and tell them not to feed you that crap!

God Bless,

~Carol

Thanks Carol. My mom, who has been an RN for 30 years is on her way over to the hospital. I'm also usually pretty good about advocating for myself.

I feel somewhat like the phantom of the opera - one side of my face is fine, then people see the other side and i get the "oh my" response.

B