Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

<---- Looking for the silver lining......

Oh I found it. At least it was not super cold this morning when I had to shovel the 3" of snow we got last night.

BG - WTF?!?!? Where the hell do you live again? Greenland? Man, I feel for ya...it was over 80 here the other day and I was planting hot flowers.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread for posting, but have been reading up little by little. Stef can attest to my exercising, but I just decided w/i the past month to try for a sprint triathlon by the end of the summer. I'll keep you all posted on how it is coming with the riding.:teeth_smile:

Hey, so you are CD now! Cool! I'm glad you crossed over to the wild side! I didn't realize you had set such an early timeframe for that event. That's great. I just want to get one in "this year". Welcome! Post often!

BTW, TX, they make medical ID charms you can add to a charm Bracelet. However if you have more than a few issues I don't think they can get all the text on it!

ZZ, You are so funny! I bet you keep people in stitches all the time!

Yeah, I had thought about the charm, but you are right that they are pretty limited on space. Plus, I have plans for every single link left open on my charm bracelet! When I get it complete, it will weigh more than ME!

Hardy-Har! ZZ is a nurse...keeping people in stitches? Okay, I made a lame joke! But where is WHOS, anyhow? That is HIS job, right? LOL (Now THAT was funny!)

I have to say, I just really like my bike. I never thought I'd get emotional about a non living thing, but I am.

I've got two rides planned this weekend with my group. I'm hoping we don't get chilled out of them. Should be around 20 miles both days.

Oh, TX I ordered aerobars and they came in, I've just not been able to get to the shop to have them put on. I'm hoping do that this week. (I need silver, not black, so it would match.)

I have to say, I just really like my bike, TOO! I truly do! I thought I was the only whacko who got all warm and fuzzy over the bike! I have faith that you will get both those rides in! It will be great weather for you! And how exciting that you got your aerobars in! It normally costs $20 to have them put on at my LBS, but because my girl had auxillary brake levers on center, they had to be removed. Which meant removal and rerouting of the cables. Which meant unwrapping and rewrapping my drop bars. Jeez...the labor to put them on was TWICE what the aerobars cost!

Juicy (one smart ass calls me that, but I call her Naners)

Okay, can I just say that I love the nickname "Juicy"? That's awesome!

ZZ- At least you got a name with a nickname in it! Uh, Carol????WTF???? Mean parents. Totally sucks. I wanna nickname. Seriously.

J- Um, cutsie name??? Yes you totally got a cute name. Did I mention my name is Carol?

Girls- New racks don't cost that much these days. You can get a TT for a few thousand, new girls for a couple thousand, new eyes, nose, legs, arms whatever...for quite a bit less than a car! LOL

Oh, C! That is a toughie, coming up with a nickname for you! I'm going to give that some thought! So you have looked at this new rack stuff, huh? I think I'm going to start looking into it. I know I would have to be a cash pay, so it will be a bit to save that up on my own. Hubby is not crazy about this idea! What's up with that?!?!? I thought all guys wanted a big rack on their woman? I want gorgeous big tits...not TOO big, of course. But I'm with J...mine are disappearing with continued weight loss. ICK

Wow...this was one long-ass post!

Disappearing boobs - Put on a bra tonight an noticed that the cups were too big!! WTF?! I had to borrow some of those air pocket things that some in some padded bras from a friend. Lol. They gave the girls a bit of a lift and filled the bra out a bit better.

Went out to this BBQ place in downtown KC with these friends... and I ate exactly 4 french fries, 3 bites cole slaw, and I think 2 small peices of spicy flatbread. Lol. And I discovered that a BBQ place is NOT the place for a vegetarian to dine! haha!!!

Hey, Suzzzie! My phone died while we were texting and I didn't have my charger with me. (I was driving at the time. Yes, I'm the one everyone hates who texts while driving!) That's why I disappeared. So how were the sauces they had you try? Something new and interesting?

TX: I'm an OR nurse so I see all kinds of new racks, va jay jay's, TT, etc. We can rebuild her...LOL

ZZ: I used to live in Lenexa and worked in Overland Park. We used to eat at some BBQ place in KC where they greeted you at the door real loud southern accent "HI MAY I HELP YOU???" It was a fun place with really good food.< /p>

~Carol

TX: I'm an OR nurse so I see all kinds of new racks, va jay jay's, TT, etc. We can rebuild her...LOL

What is va jay jay's?

Hey, Suzzzie! My phone died while we were texting and I didn't have my charger with me. (I was driving at the time. Yes, I'm the one everyone hates who texts while driving!) That's why I disappeared. So how were the sauces they had you try? Something new and interesting?

I'm guilty of texting and driving too!!

The sauces were good. In KC BBQ is all about the sauce... nearly EVERY BBQ joint has their own sauces, and there are many of them you can buy in the local grocery stores too. I should send you my fave HOT BBQ Sauce called "Night of the Living BBQ" Haha. LOVE IT! Anyway, so Famous Daves (which I don't believe is just local) has 5 BBQ sauces and then this mustard... The one I liked best was the sweet and zesty one. Reminded me alot of KC Masterpeice... which of course is a local KC brand! :thumbup:

ZZ: I used to live in Lenexa and worked in Overland Park. We used to eat at some BBQ place in KC where they greeted you at the door real loud southern accent "HI MAY I HELP YOU???" It was a fun place with really good food.< /p>

~Carol

What was the name of that place? I don't think I"ve ever been there. I'm only about 20 minutes from the OP.

Hey, guys! I know this is pretty sappy, but it really says how I feel about you guys...my lapband buddies. I know, I know...I'm really pretty sappy...I just hide it well!

wch_header.gifWeek of 03/27/2008

SUBJECT: Part of something so much bigger than myself

POSTER: DANALYNV

Originally posted as an entry in her SparkPage blog.

Last November I was driving behind a bus doing the speed limit when from out of nowhere a car whips around both me and the bus. Yes, double yellow lines, on a hill, going around a blind curve... I freaked out, and said to my son "Oh my gosh, that person has a death wish!"

After that corner the road becomes an upward progression of hills and valleys, so there's no seeing what's ahead until you're actually there. Well, sure enough, when we arrived there, it was a mess, a nightmare!

I pulled over as quickly as I could and called 911. The car was in a ditch on the opposite side of the road about 50 yards from the car it had just hit head-on. Inside was a lady, probably in her early 50's, an airbag had punched her in the gut and chest pretty hard and she couldn't breath. I was concerned she was having a heart attack because of the way she was grasping her chest. She was very much in shock and because of the enormous amount of smoke pouring in through the vents she thought the car was going to blow up, but there was no getting her out, so I got as much of myself as could in through the busted out window and held her.

Finally, after several minutes, when the paramedics arrived I had to let go of her and get out of the way, but I have to say, it broke my heart to let go, I didn't want to. This lady and I had bonded... and during those terrifying moments I had lost all sense of myself... there was no "ME" in the picture, only us...

The reason I'm telling this story is because all of you beautiful SparkPeople cause me to have that same feeling... the feeling that I'm a part of something so much bigger than myself... That it's just as important to me that all of you become healthy and happy as it is that I do. The feeling that if you're hurting or in pain that I have a responsibility to reach out and help... my pain does NOT require any more attention than anyone else's. I am obliged to help heal the human condition as a whole, and oddly enough, I feel like that's more of a privilege than anyone could ask for or deserve.

We live in such a busy, isolated, society, there is so much loneliness and sorrow... so much stress and need of THINGS... when I was in that car with that woman, every bit of that vanished... all I felt was a desperate need for her to live.

I want you all to LIVE in every aspect of the word... I don't need to know you (although, I'd love to) or be your close friend to know that you are a part of me... that the healthier you are, the healthier I am... that the more success and goals you reach the more likely I am to do the same.

We aren't just losing weight, here, my SparkFriends, you and I have the potential to change things in the universe we may never know about or remotely be able to understand...

Let's not ever forget that as we go day to day focusing on those silly old scales.< /span>

What is va jay jay's?

LMFAO... va jay jay = VAGINA!!

:lol::thumbup::tt1::tt2::lol::w00t::tt1::tt2::lol::drool::tt1::tt2::lol::drool::tt1::tt2::lol::drool::tt1::tt2:

LMFAO... va jay jay = VAGINA!!

:lol::w00t::tt1::tt2::lol::drool::tt1::tt2::lol::drool::tt1::tt2::lol::drool::tt1::tt2::tt1::lol::tt2::tt2:

OMG! I'm so embarrassed! :thumbup: How funny that I didn't get that?!?!?

Wait a minute! You can "rebuild" those? As in plastic surgery? What for?!?!?

OMG! I'm so embarrassed! :thumbup: How funny that I didn't get that?!?!?

Wait a minute! You can "rebuild" those? As in plastic surgery? What for?!?!?

Of course they can! THey can fix anything!! Haven't you heard of vaginal rejuvination?! Lol. I really don't know though... does the vag get saggy after having kids and stuff? I've never had kids, and don't plan on it, so I just don't know about that. But I figure if they can create a vagina in a transgendered male, using the skin of his/her penis - then by golly they can make mine pretty! hahaha!

Of course they can! THey can fix anything!! Haven't you heard of vaginal rejuvination?! Lol. I really don't know though... does the vag get saggy after having kids and stuff? I've never had kids, and don't plan on it, so I just don't know about that. But I figure if they can create a vagina in a transgendered male, using the skin of his/her penis - then by golly they can make mine pretty! hahaha!

Rejuvination, huh? Wow. I learn something new every day, which is good. But this one is just weird. I know MINE didn't get saggy after the kiddos! :thumbup: LOL But that is one set of muscles that I never did let get out of shape! LOL

Gee-willikers...I bet that hurts like hell...

HA! B and JC and CD and WD are just gonna LOVE this conversation! LOL

Hey...to the guys here...tell us your opinion of your girl getting a new rack? I'm curious to see what the consensus is.

OK... I HAD To look it up -

About the vaginal rejuvenation™ and vagina tightening procedures:

When the vagina becomes stretched from aging and child birth vaginal rejuvenation tightens and restores the vagina and supporting structures to a "pre-pregnancy" state, thereby re-establishing friction that increases sexual gratification for both women and men!

In vaginal relaxation, the muscles are relaxed and have poor tone, strength, and control. The internal and external diameters increase. The muscles of the perineum are weak and poorly supported. Under these circumstances, the vagina is no longer at its optimum physiological state. As a result, the sensual side of sexual gratification is diminished. Vaginal rejuvenation can enhance sexual gratification for women who for whatever reason lack an overall optimum architectural integrity of the vagina.

No one wants to age or lose optimal function anywhere, and this includes the vaginal and vulvar structures. Some doctors use a laser and some do not, please ask your surgeon which method they utilize.

Vaginal Rejuvenation Costs:

Depending on your choice of doctor and geographic location vaginal rejuvenation prices may range between $4500 and $9000.

Before and After Photos:

Click here to view before and after pictures of vaginal rejuvenation surgery.

Locate A Doctor Near You:

Our sponsor surgeons are located on the left of this page or you may choose to email us for a doctor referral.

And YES, I clicked for the photos... wow, I'm scared.

The before and after pictures, I could have done without...why did I hit the link????

Rode 25 miles today. The temp was about 50 with some serious wind. Yeah, though!!!