Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Haha... OK. Waste of space here...

I was looking through google images and found this one. I thought that the next time someone asks me why I wanna ride a bike so badly I can just say "What Would Jesus Do?"

jesus_bicycle.jpg

I cant believe i am now riding a bike also. havent ridden a bike in about 30 years and now riding a couple miles a day. also got a childs buggy for the back and take my 3 year old grandchild with me now when i ride.. we both love it.. losing 65 lbs so far has got me up and out of the house! Love riding my bike.. my 27 year old daughter looked at me with tears in her eyes and said ,,Mama I have Never seen you on a bicycle..Never in all my life and she watched me disappear up the street...now thats a new beginning! Brenda... vamaillady

Good for you, Brenda! And welcome! Sounds like your daughter is so proud of you...and for good reason!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, all...I got to get out there today! There were so many freaking people at the park today! But the trails weren't so overrun, so that was good. Went 32 miles today...hope to do twice that tomorrow. I need to do a good long ride again...it's been a while.

There's frost on the windows and the grass this morning so we are probably not going to ride. Well, if the weater gets above 45 degrees we might go out. But I have a paper I've avoided writing all week.

I'll check in later.

Welcome Brenda....Biking is great and this site will help allot of you need to ask a question and not fell DUMB asking it....

It is supposed to be around 50 something here today....sun is just now coming out and I am glad.....Hope to ride this afternoon after going to the store....We have been gone since Thursday just coming home briefly in between, and I am so needing to do laundry and housework...BUT it will wait!!!!

JC....did you not get a road bike at the end of the season last year????

J

I am sooooo glad I am not the only one who has bit the dust....There is not much you can do when you are going down.....LOL

WEll....Everyone HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!

Good morning everybody! Welcome Brenda!

I've been 'de-cluttering' my house this winter and gearing up for a huge garage sale...well, yesterday by sheer luck, we sold 3 mountain bikes we had held on to (2 Treks and 1 Gary Fisher), then we sold a road bike (Fuji-Sagres)!! WOO HOO!! I am so excited! We only have one left to get rid of and we'll only have to worry about the bikes we currently ride!

Now to get out there to ride!! I'm on call this weekend, so I can't really go outside, so I'm staying in to get more housework and laundry done in between working! Ugh!

You girls will get better with the clips! LOL And yes, J, you will find yourself still clipped in when you fall. But hey, at least your bike was spared the bumps and bruises!

~C

That is what I thought....My bike also has the flat bars and I like them allot. So, have you been able to get out and ride much

? We were going today, but we had pups born, (4 little 3-4 oz Pomeranian pups) and between that, going to store and catching up on laundry and school......it did not happen.

Planning on going Monday though as it is suppose to be in the mid 60's..wooohooo!!!

B...Miss talking to you and reading about you on here. I know I have really struggled with my band over the past months.....I am defiantly going to have to stay on top for continued success. This last fill I had has really seemed to help out allot. I can't eat nearly as much as before, and it is kind of annoying.....but I am seeing results on the scale, and am hoping to get to move my ticker for good here this week.

Hope everyone had a good day.......

Koollll

I know I wish I had all the time to just ride whenever I wanted.....but that does not pay the bills.

Wonder where BG and J is this weekend......I am off to bed for the night......Everyone take care and have a great week.....

Oh, and kinda funny timing after all the MySpace hubbub on here...

My sis sent us an invite to view her Facebook, and you have to create an account I suppose, so hubby created one for us (me, lol). So if you are on Facebook, this is my page:

Stefanie Stanphill | Facebook

I'm still trying to get the hang of it, though!

i need help. i am a female 5'2" and 262 lbs. i havent ridden a bike since i was a kid. but i used to love it and figure it would be a great way to exercise. but what kind of bike should i get? i dont want to spend too much. i was thinking a comfort bike. any suggestions??? thanks

hello favorite and welcome

We are all here to help any way we can

A comfort bike would be a nice start for you. You dont have to go all out and buy and expensive model one either. You can go to the local bike shop in your town, and they may even have someone who is trying to sell there comfort bike, and some of there models are really pretty reasonable if you buy new too. I bought a Trek Hybrid/comfort bike last season and it did me very well. It had a upright riding position, and was easy to shift. It did very well for me. If you are planning on going more than 30 miles at a time, than that is not the bike though. I know allot of us have started right on the road bike, but you have to be comfortable, or you wont ride.

TRy and stay away from a out of the box bike, as it is not fitted to YOU...but.....it will work......

Good luck