Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Yes thin people struggle in the winter too. Most of my friends have an extra 5-10 pounds they carry until May.

I went to a euchre paarty last night (euchre is a sweet ass card game for those who don't know) and of the 12 women that were there I was the second thinnest. Now that was weird.

Euchre is a sweet game, I agree!

Isn't it weird not being one of the biggest people in the room? I still look though to check. I wonder if that will ever stop...

It is very weird not being the biggest. I think i will always check because it is just so second nature to me. I wonder when I will stop feeling like I am the biggest one there though. That one will be the difficult thing for me. I know I am not the biggest but I still feel like I am.

I hope you got yourself unburied from all that white stuff. Ours is slowly melting. I am praying for a full melt by the weekend.

Global Warming my ass.

well, we took our bikes over to the lake this evening, becuase it was 46 when we got back from the grocery. Realized that the LBS guy had put my cleat on backwards on one of the m, (or upside down) and that was the reason I could not clip in. I felt like a dork. But, we worked on it for a little bit, and with the brief time we was out....I love them....I defiantly am glad I made the choice to get them. SO, we are going to be trying to get out more this week, as it is supposed to warm up.

Thanks Turller for the advice.......:)

C- Thanks for the congrats - I will be geting a helmet soon!! And I was talking to a friend of mine tonight about my bike and he got so excited that he wants to go buy a bike toO! So we'll be getting him a cheapie bike and we'll ride together. We'll look so good. Haha

BG - I know what you mean about being the biggest one in the room!!! Yesterday when I was at my brothers welcome home party (home from Iraq) I was SHOCKED that I wasn't the biggest by far! Lol. Most of my fmaily is rather large... but it is now my little sister (22 years old) who is the largest. Seriously, she is 6'0" tall and has to weigh at least 400 now. (I'm 5'10" and weighed 382 at my highest recorded weight.) I'm so sad for her!! I'd share my secret of Lap Band with her, but she and her husband have no insurance and absolutely no money so it isn't even an option for her at this time.

ANYWAY... I'll post a few pics of my bike tomorrow... or later tonight, depending on my mood.

HP - Congrats on getting a new bike! I'd love to be able to afford a "NEW" bike, but we all must make due with what we got. Haha. You should put up pics of teh bike soon!

hey you know what...this thing has been in layway since October...and it is not the nice expensive one I wanted, but you know what...it will do, and I will eventually get me one. I started out with a single speed bike from Wal-Mart last May....$79 bucks.....I loved riding, hated the hills....plus it was rather chunky!!!

I than bought a bike from Target.....too small for me, it is now my 14 year old daughters. Than I got a Hybrid Trek....and I thought I was breaking the bank when I got that....but I had puppy money...so it was ok.

This was my gift for me......I want to still get a road bike (with drop handelbars) sometime...but this will be a good investment for me, and my poor old husband is using a old Raliegh bike from the 80's....So...

We all start somewhere.....and the bottom line, no matter what kind, how much it cost, or what it looks like.....WE ARE OUT THERE...RIDING....USING OUR ENERGY IN A GOOD WAY AND BEING HEALTHY!!!!

BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!!!

J!!!!!!

Love your new picture...and love your hair!!!!!

That's right, HP! We are all OUT THERE RIDING!

Yesterday, y'all know I was at the training ride for the MS150. There was a lady there who had the biggest rear end I'd ever seen, and she was riding! I really have to hand it to her...I never could or would have done it and she was OUT THERE and having fun! I was so proud of her and I don't even know her!

HP,

Thanks for the compliment. And you go girl! Out there riding with your clipless pedals! I like BG, am scared to do it, but I will! My hope is Tuesday....we still have 10 of the 20 inches of snow to melt tomorrow. It will be a mud fest on Tuesday, but I'm gonna ride. I've just got to.

TX,

I was the girl with the biggest rear last year! The GF was riding way behind me on a ride when I passed two young women cyclists who had stopped. I guess they were still voiceing their surprise at me when Alison rode past...Bless the fat bottom girls...we do make the rockin world go round!!!

You know, I may get to my goal, but I will always be the "fat Bottom Girl"

And you know what...that is fine with me.....

I can't believe we have snow in March.....Melt!!!!!

Supposed to be nice all week here.....the pedals are way too awesome...

Night!

Fat Bottomed Girls is my MySpace layout now! I totally agree...no matter how much weight I lose, I will always have a big butt...but I like it! LOL I just meant that I would have never had the confidence to get out there like she did yesterday, and I applaud her.

HI guys!!!! Just thought I would pop in and say hi to ya all...I have read a few times, but school is just hectic and I don't have to time to do anything but school work. After a long winter hiata, I have started exercising again. The good thing, since I stopped exercising, around October, I have not gained one pound.....sooooo I expect the scale to start going down again.... Love ya all...miss ya too!!!!:):lol::eek:;):tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2:

D! WOW! Glad to hear from ya and that you are hanging in there!

Try to make it back more than once every six months, okay? :) We miss ya!