Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

J you crack me up.

Daddy I eloped lol. We went down to Ohio since there is no waiting period. $40 donation and we were hitched the next hour. I have a lovely picture of us taken under the "Psychitric Ward/Marriage Licences" sign funny stuff.

LOL i would love to see that picture.

Good job. Ohio rocks! Except when it cold.

Sooooooooooooo sick of the cold up here. I get assigned Ohio. New YOrk, PA, West Virgina , Maryland and Canada areas...next year i want Florida Texas and Hawaii!

Hi everybody!

First of all...this weather sucks here in O-H-I-O. However, I must try and see the bright side and that would be that it was lighter out this morning when I left for work! YAY! Good sign that this can't last forever! LOL

BG and ZZ: Most bike shops will be happy to measure you for a bike. Let them do it, and have them give you a copy of your size. If they hope to have your business in the future, they will treat you right whether you buy anything or not! They rely on word of mouth, so customer service is very important.

What kind of bikes are you both in the market for? I am very good friends with the owners of the LBS here and I could check to see if there is anything used in your sizes if you'd like. He ships too.

J: You're right...just going to the bike shop to look around will get you motivated....and touching leads to drooling, so bring a towel!

I agree with BG that $700 is HUGE money. Like, almost my entire paycheck kind of money. Lol. Since I'm working VERY hard at getting credit cards paid off, I certainly don't want to use them for a bike. If I can't pay cash, I won't pay at all. I sincerely think that I'm going to get a cheap bike ($100 or less) off of Craigslist for the summer and call it good. Next year, when I have my RN and will be making slightly bigger bucks and get moved to Texas then I'll go bike shopping with our friendly Moderator Stef and get a 'real' bike. Sigh... I hate being financially challenged. I struggle enough to pay my Water bill and old student loans. Lol.

I hear ya sista! I don't use credit cards anymore either...too much of a struggle to make all the other ends meet. It really doesn't matter what kind of bike you ride...Just Ride! Get what you can and when you're ready, go for it! Just have fun doing it!

Oh, I would SO love going bike shopping with you! Just say when! LOL

Hi guys!

OMG i just crapped my pants. Yesterday i was at Arbys for lunch. And i tried to eat healthy so i bought the Market Fresh Checken Pecsn salad Sandwich..wheat bread. Hate Half for lunch and other half at work about 3pm.

I just lokked it up...769 Calories!!! Holy Cow!! 351 of those from Fat!!!

Thats more than a Big Mac and a Whopper!! I about fainted. My new fav ive found at Arbys is to buy the smallest Roast beef and throw the bun away...i love eating that beef by itself. And for some reason just a little of it makes me really full.

Now i know im prolly going to bother BG and Julie with all this talk of processed beef..Sorry guys.

Hi everyone, I finally have a little time to give an update. School has been a nightmare. We were assigned a project dealing with environmental issues. This is an online class and my team members were dropping like flies. I think I wrote seventy percent of the paper. A small price to pay for assisting in solving one of the world's problems though. LOL

As for excercise, I got my ass moving last night. Walked a couple miles, then pounded out 10 miles in 32 minutes on the stationary bike. I know it isn't much, but I have to pace myself. It was my first day back, I will do better today.

Daddy, someone down here in Florida must have been given a heads-up that you were headed this way, 36 degrees this morning! WTF!!! BRRRRR!

JC

Golly BG,

It's not like you don't have enough to keep you busy. How many jobs are you working? How young are your children? I couldn't be in school if I actually had to work hard 40 hours a week and didn't share my kid with my ex.

But hypothetically, if you did go back to school what would you do?

W- BG is the vegetarian, ZZ too I think. I'll join you for that Arby's sans bun.

Yuck meat! Lol. I wasn't convinced to go Veg until I spent a few hours on PETAs website one night. Now i really cannot associated meat with food - I only see the animal. Lol. I will say that when I was at my moms two weeks ago I ate her lasagna and white chicken chili... and the meat still tasted the same as before, I was just sad eating it - and the chicken kinda stuck in my band a bit.

I dunno... not sure I could really be Veg now if I didn't have the band. And I'd LOVE to go Vegan... but I can't seem to give up ice cream and chocolate. Hahaha!!!!

Ohhhh! And the scale FINALLY dropped under 290 today! I was 289.8!!! I think it was a fluke - so I'll wait and see what tomorrow says before I change the old ticker!

Oh yeah. And I'm not so much 'in' school as I am just working on my RN degree... I'm in a 'self study' program - kinda like I just read/study a massive ass binder book and then take a test. I have 7 of these to do and then I get to do a weekend of Clinicals (that I have to pay an additional $1800 for!) and viola(!) I have my degree... t.h.e.n. I get to pay MORE money and take my state licensure exam.