Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I was going to go shopping since it was getting warm outside but then the sky dumped 5 inches on us the other night. I am going to go as soon as it warms up for a few days. I am excited and itching to get out. But I don't want to buy the bike and not be able to ride it, so I am waiting not so patiently.

I ate a whole box of GSC last weekend.

ZZ,

You won't get fitted exactly to a bike until you purchase it.

But what you do do is go to the LBS and say I'm in the market, what do you have that would fit me? They show you, you ask what size it is and then you go from there.

Giant has XS, S, M, L, XL. Like a T-shirt. And yes, they do coorispond to real frame measurements.

What is also somewhat new in the road biking world are Woman Specific Designed bikes. We tend to be longer in the leg and shorter in the torso then men. Find a 5'10" tall man and you probably have a longer inseam then he does. They do have the crotch bar, and you need that for strength of the bike, but the have narrower handlebars and other slight differences.

Guide to Women Specific Bikes This tells it all.

Good luck with shopping.

I was going to go shopping since it was getting warm outside but then the sky dumped 5 inches on us the other night. I am going to go as soon as it warms up for a few days. I am excited and itching to get out. But I don't want to buy the bike and not be able to ride it, so I am waiting not so patiently.

I ate a whole box of GSC last weekend.

There's a giant probability that your bike will need to be ordered and assembled for you, so it's not going to be a situation where you walk in and walk out with your bike.

Get your ass to the shop this weekend and look at bikes so you have a really good idea which one you want to buy.

Also, all the deals are happening right now.

And, it will shake your funk.

Not that I'm tell you what to do.

Well then bitch it's time to whore yourself out and make the money!

Oh, if it were only that easy. Isn't that horrible, my intial reaction? Anyway, that's not a choice, you need a bike. It will get you to your goal. It's not a toy (well not entirely) but it's a strategic investment to help you attain what you have been working toward for the last year and how ever many months it took you to get surgery.

I know we are still talking $600-$700 just to get started with an entry level bike, but that's all you need.

I'll give you support and encouragement or I'll shut the hell up now. Tell me what you need me to do. :biggrin:

That was my same initial thought. I could whore myself out to a few people =)

I know I jsut need to suck it up and pay. It is just hard for me to spend so much money on myself.

Well, if that's the issue, get the hell over it.

How much money does DH spend on hisself? (hehehe, bad grammar)

And it's all about taking the next step to getting to your goals. And it's not like you're investing money with out knowing you are passionate about biking. You proved last year this is a true interest, not a passing phase.

And go as cheap as you can, and shop for bargains, or put notices out there that you are looking for a used bike. But you need to know what works for you before you buy sales or used, so go smell the rubber in the bike stores and touch the bikes. Learn the different level of parts etc.

You are worth spending on a yourself. And how the hell are you going to be able to deal with a sugar daddy buying you stuff if you can't wrap your mind around buying yourself what you want?

I need a sugar Daddy to buy me a trip to MExico for my cousins wedding next March. Anyone wanna pay for me to go? I'll let you be my date lol.

Ok ill go to Mexico... Always wanted to go...first class ok?

im sure my wife wont mind me taking you lol.

So weird you all panicky about a 700 dollar bike..im such a man i want to trade up my motorcyle (prolly cost 3000) just cas im bored of the old one.

Daddy we are on a very tight budget. Tighter than a virgin on prom night. $700 is a huge amount for me to part with and I do not use credit cards. SO yeah it is huge for me to do this.

BG

I love that you are not a credit card user. That's a challenge in today's time.

W,

Different people have different income levels. Sometimes it's not about panicking because of spending money on ones self, but about paying the bills verse buying a luxury item.

There was a point in my life, about 5 years ago I was working 3 jobs and still trying to decide which bill not to pay. I'm happy my life is much better now. Whew.

ouho i hope it didnt come across i was loaded!

I just a poor English man bringing up 4 daughters in Wisconsin.

Thats 4 weddings to pay for.....im going to hold a class on eloping for them. Vegas has some great chapels to ladies.

W

I didn't read it as you were loaded.

I know you didn't say this but what I read was, "Women worry about spending money on themselves and I'm a man and I don't." But I come at stuff with a little bias.

No worries.