Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

It's like a love fest in here!

I LOVE Onc... I'm an LPN now, once I get my RN (hopefully by the end of this year!) I want to get back into Hospice. It's my first love.

WOW! I commend you. I don't think I could do that. I have worked for many years in ICU and even with the 'short' stays, I got attached. I just hated watching them die (not all of course, but you know what I mean). I like 'fixin' em. Feels good. I still want to save the world, ya know? lol

I wish I was a nurse, I would not be so poor.

I am an inventory controller for the OR. I order and stock and inventory the supplies. Effing yippie.

I don't get attatched. I think that helps with the job really. Maybe you'd want a nurse that gets more emotionally involved... but I just feel like I am here to do a job. Get in, get out. I feel like if you name the puppy then you'll love the puppy then you'll miss the puppy... I never name the puppy. All of my patients are either Mr or Mrs so and so, or I love to use the term "Kid" or "Kiddo" which they love cause you know I'm 30 and they are usually 40s-90s. Lol.

I do admit to getting attatched a few times, but I'm very accepting as death as part of the circle of life. Death isn't really that sad for me, more like I'm happy for them that they've moved on and gone 'home'. In my personal life though, when someone I love dies I get sad but I mostly greive cause I'm selfish and want my loved ones with me forever. Lol.

BG - RNs make the big money. LPNs get shit on. The CNAs in my hospital make about the same as I make - some make more.

Now you stop that BG! Very important job you have. Trust me, we couldn't get through a day without the people who run inventory. They know every in and out of OR. I'm grateful for them. I'm sure you are more appreciated than you know. Just imagine how the day would go if you weren't there to keep things going?!

btw, Nurses are poor too. I know this sounds so cliche, but we really, truely don't make enough for what we do and are responsible for. :cursing:

Oh I believe that but with OT at my hospital lots of people are making over 100K.

I need sleep.Don't you ladies misbehave while I am gone.

Oh and Turler did you join up on factcular? If not someone has your same name lol. If so then I am sending you some brainoffs.

I am an RN. I took boards for my LPN while still in school for my RN so I could make more money (was a single mom at the time). I was a CNA making less than McDonald's paid, so when I got my LPN I felt rich! LPN's were paid about $5 more per hour than CNA's. I think now though, they may have bridged the gap. There are unit receptionists that make more than LPN. It's crap. I'm sorry that things haven't come around yet. Someday, when the nursing shortage is in full swing (and it's comin'), companies will have to pay more to keep the nurses from quitting!!! We seriously need a union!

Yes I did! I saw that you kept referencing that to J so I checked it out and played a few. Pretty cool!

All nurses are underpaid and underappreciated. THe responsibilty is HUGE and we're constanly having to pick up after the doctors errors, or WE get blamed! Lol. (I work in a teaching hospital, so we have to be VERY careful and always second guess the docs!)

Also, Turler, you said you need Union- we ARE union at my hospital! Doesn't help much though. LPNs and CNAs are in a different union than RNs and Docs. We're "nonprofessional" ha! Oh well. I'll have my RN by the end of this year - come hell or high water!

Good for you! It's worth the hard work! We don't have a union, I wish we did. I don't understand how someone who goes to school to learn something that requires a license to practice is not considered a professional??!!??!! I just don't get that. Argh!

You sure are having a big year! All the weight loss AND school? Wow, I admire your hard work and commitment.

C

Don't they make stuff at the toy store for grown ups that won't get lost? lol

Why, yes they do! And apparently all that isn't illegal in Texas anymore! (According to the story J posted for me! LOL)

Party at my house! Bring your own bananas and spatulas.

I'll snag a bunch of Lube from the hospital for Stefs party! Woot! Burnt chickens and nasty lubed bananas - what more could we ask for?!?!