Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I got to meet C today! Hi-C! Like the drink! LOL!

The LBTers in central Ohio got together and C drove the 1.5 hours to join us. Well that and her DD wanted to shop at the fancy mall that met at. :thumbdown:

It was a great meeting and C is very bike-eee. BG, HP, B if you are back in the midwest, we all have to do the Labor Day ride in C's neck of the woods.

It was really nice to meet up with a bunch of folks who have the band or are about to be banded. I've not known anyone local, so it's a real pleasure.

Happy happy.

It occurs to me as I just went to look at my blog, that I started it two years ago.

I started this entire journey two years ago. Wow wee.

I've had other blogs, I know they are so like, 2001, and that's about when I started writing.

Just an intersting note.

Lol

I just heart JUlie!

yep 80mins total time...5 min warm up walking and then bout 3 mins walk at the end cool down so i would have cardic failure when stopping.

I am just totally SHOCKED i did it. Not even THAT bad.

I Swam afterwards but i feel fine right now.

I will cycle tomorrow and give the feet a rest....wait hmmm

Hello everyone! I made it home from Columbus! Wow, it got to be a long ride with the teenagers 'jammin' to Flo Rida and Soulja Boy!!!! OMG! They kill me!

I got to meet J today...WOOT WOOT! She is great. Yay for me! :) I hope to meet more of you one day...and yeah, you all must come here and ride with me!

Oh, btw...since it was brought up. The HHH will be the Sunday AFTER Labor Day. They will no longer be starting the ride at the high school, it will start at The Cube (the Recreational Center). I will keep you all posted about it as more details come along. I was told the website was updated but I haven't checked it yet.

W-all that running is awesome! Good for you. Maybe someday I'll join the rest of you with this running thing!

Talk to ya'll soon!

W, that is some big time running! Congrats.

Thanks for the Ju Ju J. It worked! Doc says everthing looks great and I will be back in 4 little freaking weeks for a fill. I hope this means I am off the rollercoaster for a while. I can't wait to hit my goal. I am so glad that I have been able to stay within striking distance for this long without much help.

JC

Somehow I think I would rather ride in your HHH than ours! LOL

But I'll extend the invitation anyhow:

Anyone care to ride their bike for 100 miles...

...in one day...

...in the Texas heat...

...in AUGUST?!?!?

LOL

If I recall correctly, I think B did this ride several times in the past! Is this correct, B? If I end up doing it this year, it will be my first. We will see how the riding goes through the summer and I will likely decide at the last minute! :)

TX

Come on up to Ohio for TOSRV which is some Tour of the Scioto River Valley on Mother's Day weekend, and it's two centuries back to back. It could rain and 25 miles of it is HILLY.

I'm shooting for the whole 200.

HP-

Are you going to look into doing RAIN? Ride across Indiana? I want to find that date. It's 160 in a day. BG, we should see if we can do it.

So Juli and I talked a little about bicycling yesterday and she brought up "pacing"...I'm curious, what pace does everyone like to ride? I looked up the pace catagories on my bike clubs' site and here's how they define them:

A 19-23 mph

B 16-19 mph

C 12-16 mph

D 10-12 mp

Are these about average guidelines where you all ride?

~C

TX - New Name? Yep - did our HHH back in the early 90's. Was much younger and in better shape, but I'm hoping to be back in for this year. Although their HHH sounds a little less brutal (although I'm not sure what the trade is between flat & brutally hot versus hilly & not so much...)

W - Congrats on the 10K run!

B

C

At the end of last season I was a very low B. I'm a solid C, and the goal is to be a solid B this year. I want to average 17mph.