Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

The point it that I need to workout and running is the best thing I can do for myself right now. I said I was going to do this half marathon in April and dammit I am going to do it. Plus I want to be ready for the Muddy Buddy. I will probably not do the marathon in October but we shall see. I just feel like I need to be doing something and maybe if I keep doing it I will start to like it.

Talking Muddy Buddy, how do you train for that? Where do you find things to climb and scooting on your belly???

I'm shooting for a 10K this spring/early summer...but biking might get in the way of that.

Well, about your 1/2 marathon...where are you running now? Indoors, in front of a TV? Are you able to watch something you like? How long do you run at one time?

I know this is the bicyling thread, but tell me about how you run.

Oh and to talk biking, the GF is looking at a road bike that's super fancy. I'm so jealous I could spit.

I run on the track at the Y. I am trying to stay away from treadmills because I want to do real running. I use my headphones which helps. I think I just get so bored that I want to stop.

Just training for the running and the biking for the muddy buddy.

I will probably get my consult done some time over the summer. I am sure I will be to goal by then since I will be outside riding as soon as it is warm enough. I had a breakdown last night because I hate running. I can not stand it. I keep doing it trying to make myself like it but I don't. What else can I say? I am biker. It is in my blood. I am going stir crazy inside the house.

OK BG - I have another book for you! [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nonrunners-Marathon-Guide-Women-Training/dp/1580052053]Amazon.com: The Nonrunner's Marathon Guide for Women: Get Off Your Butt and On with Your Training: Books: Dawn Dais[/ame]

I just finished it and it was hilarious!! I don't know if I want to run more now, or less! Lol. But it has a cool training schedule for both a 1/2 marathon and a full one. Its just a really funny book. Made me laugh out loud more often than not.

As soon as it gets warmer out (friggin negative windchills and snow here still!) I'm totally going to TRY to follow the 1/2 marathon training schedule, even though I'm not sure I'd ever do an actual marathon, 1/2 or full.

I think ultimately I will be a 5K girl if I stick to running. I like to be one with myself while sitting on a bike, not running. The shorter distance running the better lol.

I havea really good training plan but I might have to pick up the book for a good laugh.

Thanks BG,

I'm a daily weigher, which I know can be bad, but I've made peace with it.

I lost another one this morning! I'm happy but skeptical that it's not real. Because I did plateau for a long while while I wasn't being strict with my food I feel now that I'm strict it's coming off again. But it's been alot in a short amount of time...w00t w00t.

I feel you on the daily weighing. Mine has gone down dramatically in the last month. Like 16 pounds. And I always use my lowest weight whether I think it is a farce or not. I want to reach 90 pounds lost by my bandiversary next Wednesday and I only have 2 to go.

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the site, but have chatted with OH Juli who recommended this thread. I also bicycle-road bike. I'm not yet banded, but surgery is scheduled for April! Finally!!!! I am eager to get my weight down so that I can fully enjoy riding again. It's great to see so many here that love to ride. I'm not a runner, but I've heard that it is a very efficient way to lose weight. Ugh! Just the thought of at this point makes me cringe!

Hi Kids

Yeah Turler if you hang out here you'll get a taken down to a one or two letter name. We don't have a T.

It does get racey in here at times, BG is always talking junk. We fight over the Ohio/Michigan thing. Yeah Truler is from Ohio so maybe I'll get some support from her.

Oh, and sometimes we might even talk about cycling. There are two folks in Texas B and TX (Brandon and Stephanie) who have been cycling and making the rest of us jealous.

Thanks babygirl...or should I say BG? So I'm T? I like it!

J, I got your back on that Ohio/Michigan thing...sorry BG, gotta do it!

So is this thread the "place to be"? Are any of you training right now? My daughter told me this afternoon she wants to ride 4 big rides this year...TOSRV, RAIN, BIKE TO THE BAY and HANCOCK HORIZONTAL HUNDRED. Good for her! I think all but RAIN is do-able at this point, but we'll see. Do any of you ride those?

Well I got my brand spaking new size 14 suit. Damn did it feel good to be shopping at New York and Company. My new favorite store. No more Lane Giant for new nice clothes. I will get some pics tomorrow for sure because even if I don't get the job I am going to look damn cute doing it.

Did I mention we are supposed to get 10 inches of snow tonight?

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

You'll do fantastically in the interview! What time is it? I'll be sending you good JUJU vibes! (My old initials are JU, btw. We changed last names when Zoe was born and yeah, I had a horrible last name that started with U.) But enough about me..............

You are are going to knock them dead! Did you do your homework? What questions do you have for them? I'm so excited for you BG!!!