Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Now appearing in concert - Babygirl's left butt cheek, with a surprise guest appearance by righty....

:wink2:

B

"Now pissing excellence from beatuiful sububan Detroit is non other than LBT's own BabyGirl. Not to be missed is a special appearance by Left Butt formerly from the super huge duo of "Was a Big Girl's Ass" with her twin Right Butt. Left Butt takes up less room than she did in past, she is firmer and tighter but still the hottest thing in town... Please give it up....."

OMG.. you guys. haha

Unbreak my heart! Toni is awesome!

Sooo... does a marathon scream-at-your-worthless-irresponsible-idiot-roommate-because-he-broke-my-fucking-vacuum count as exercise?? I threw things and walked back and forth between my room and his room and the living room about a million times. At least a 3 minute scream... My vocal cords are sore... and the neighbors banged on the wall. Yeah... i hate my roommate. Thank God its his payday and I get his whole check. :wink2: Thats the only thing he is good for!

Did I mention that I got one of those huge exercise balls? I've been doing 100 sit ups on it nightly, along with other random arm and leg exercises. I can feel it now, after a few days.

Glad to see you are all having at it, J welcome back!

I am feeling much better! It will be nice to have some real food 2 weeks from now.

Okay people I am going to have a job interview sometime this week or next for a the Director position at one of the Teen Centers that our hospital runs. This is so effing huge I cannot even get over it. I am scared out of my mind and I want this job so bad. I am blown away as it is that I even got an interview. The fact that I could possibly get a job that is in my field of study just friggin tickles me pink.

So now onto interviewing skills. Someone please help me. Juli, Miss business degree? I need to sell myself.

BG, something tells me that you would have no problem... uh.... selling your...well...SELF! WOW! lol

I must be feeling better!

JC

Short of telling you to google interviewing tips here goes.

Situational interviewing is where you’re asked to tell stories about your past experience. Like, “Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how was it resolved.”

Or what is your strength/weakness. What’s most important IMHO is that you turn your weaknesses into strengths and strengths into ways to enhance the organization.

Like for me, I’d answer the weakness question: A weakness of mine is that I’m quick to react so I sometimes don’t consider all the possible outcomes of my actions. I’ve learned to either say, “Let me think about that before giving an answer” or more recently I’ve identified a co-worker who is opposite of me, nearly frustrating in her ability to consider all possibilities before being conclusive, so I go to her with my situation and get her take. I take her strength and put it with my weakness and come up with a better solution than if I had shot immediately from the hip. The upside of my quickness to respond is that I do typically come up with a good short term solution. And I fully expect that after the crisis is over a team will probably reexamining the situation for a better long term solution.

So BG, take all your faults –both of them- and look for an upside and how that will benefit the company if they were to hire you.

Also, couch your language as best you can about how you would contribute to them, not how appealing working there would be for you.

Like don’t say, “I went to school specifically to work with this population. Being at XYZ would be a dream come true.”

Say, “I did some extensive (and do it) research on XYZ and am thrilled at how many areas my skills and knowledge specifically feed into how you help the population. Those being 1, 2 and 3.”

Want more? I’ll talk to you about stuff if you want to call me.

I sent this to BG's email but I thought maybe B might be able to add more. You know he's Ivy League as opposed to my tiny business college.

I sent this to BG's email but I thought maybe B might be able to add more. You know he's Ivy League as opposed to my tiny business college.

My Ivy League advice (and remember, we recently determined that an Ivy League education isn't worth shit these days), is to go in under the assumption that they have already decided to hire you, and you're there to decide whether you want to work with them. Those tend to make the most interesting interviews, and in today's job market where there are plenty of qualified candidates, the most interesting one will be most likely to get the job.

In general, though, J's got it covered - everybody read from the same "20 questions to ask during a behavioral interview" book from the mid-80s. When they ask you about where you see yourself in 5 years, answer them, but then turn the question around - "While we're talking about our long range plans, where do you see the teen program going over the next 5 years? How do these plans tie into the organizations overall strategic plans?" When they give you a chance to ask questions, use a structured interviewing technique to get more information that will be useful for you - "When you think about the ideal candidate for this director position, what are the qualities that come foremost in your mind?" Pick some of these qualities that are dearest to you, and ask probative questions - "When you say 'innovative', what are some of the areas that need the most innovation?" - in general, make the people who are interviewing you feel that their needs are important - as if you are already the director, and you are trying to get their feedback/buy-in. At the end of the interview, you should have enough information to determine if your really want the job, or if it is a huge-ass headache in the making, and they will have a feeling that you are engaged and invested in the success of the program, and the organization as a whole.

My other advice, which has worked well for me and a few others I know, but can backfire if you aren't completely convinced and convincing is to take the approach of "this is me, take it or leave it, on balance, I don't really care which one you chose".

Congratulations on getting an interview! Good luck! Keep us posted on how it goes!

B

Dammit ZZ I will have to check them at home. Darn firewall.

Thanks for the info guys. This interview is kind of a big deal and I am kind of a big deal so it should be a perfect fit eh? One thing I definitely have going for me is that I have been hired for every job I have interviewed for. I might not get interviews very often but I do get offers for jobs once I get the interview. Granted none of them have been this big before. But I am trying to stay calm and do my research. I have 1 week to prepare as my interview is next Friday afternoon. Stay calm, breathe, don't pig out.

I can do this.

ZZ

Look at you! What great cheek bones you have! You look fantastic.

BG,

You'll knock em dead. You know you will.

And how the hell did I get to the point of having over 2000 posts on this site?